Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone!

I just returned on Monday evening from my trip--hopefully the last one for a bit... at least until November. I am going to do a quick post; I have a meeting scheduled in a few minutes.

Looks like there is some good progress going on here--I will try to catch up on the posts ion the next few days.

I have been doing okay, but still working to get my food going completely in the right direction. I am pretty certain I have regained the 4 pounds I lost, but am not ready to get on the scale until I get some momentum going. So, for the time being, I am just holding on.

I got a new desk at work that allows me to either stand or sit; my goal is to use it standing more than I use it in a sitting position.

Sorry so short--I am at work and have to run. I just wanted to check in so that you know I haven't fallen off of the face of the earth.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #107  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!

Well, yesterday was just a rough day overall. Not with weight loss or exercise, just with the daughter issues. She just drives me crazy sometimes. I'm feeling a little more calm today. I went to body pump this morning and it was a good workout. I'm trying to do better on my form overall on all of the exercises, but in particular, I'm trying to improve my lunges and squats. Lunges in particular. I have trouble getting down as far as I should, so I'm really trying to be more aware. My legs are a little sore from doing that today! On the weight loss front, I got on the scale this morning and it showed 236.4. That's down quite a bit from Monday. I wonder if I'm going into a phase of 2 weeks or so of little or no loss, followed by a bigger loss. That happened last month, too. It's good, as long as we keep going down. We'll see what Monday's official weigh in is before getting too excited.

Lotus: I have always wanted a desk like that! I think that is a great option to have.

Jessica: I'm so obsessed with the tenths of a pound, I don't think I could use your scale. But that's great that it works for you! Nice weight to see on the scale too!!

Uber: Wow, you are just in scale heaven right now! That's so great! Good luck with the 23 year old moving back in!

Jenni: Hope you start feeling better! Make sure you are getting rest and drink lots of water! That's my best doctor advice I can give you!
Old 09-04-2014, 02:29 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

LotusMama Glad to see you're back! Congratulations on the standing desk. My brother uses one and he says it works great! Good idea to stay off the scale until you get the momentum going. When I got back from vacation I gave myself a few days to ease back in and it worked fine.

Diane You know what they say, "little kids, little problems, big kids, big problems!" LOL. I'm already living with my mom and dad, my high school senior and my third grader. (my husband's job is super far away so he's hardly ever here.) It's always a 3-ring circus around here, so hopefully my son will just slip right into the mix! I've got 2 daughters who are really easy going, but my son is the one I'm most likely to clash with. Interesting that you have a two week on two week off cycle. I've noticed something similar. For the entire month of August I only lost one pound, but when I looked at the big picture, I was still down 31 in 3 months, which averages to 10lbs a month, it just was so uneven. If last time is any indication, once I got to a BMI of around 32, it just went very slooooowwwwwly.

I'm doing ok. Loving having the morning walk every day. Was planning to spring for the gym this month, but money is a bit tight and the gym that is close enough that I think I would actually go is high-end and quite expensive. Dying to see a number with 4 in the middle, but I'm afraid that my fast 5 lb drop means i'm due to stick here for a while. We'll see.

Last edited by ubergirl; 09-04-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:43 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Lotusmama...welcome back!!!

Diane...congrats on the woosh!!!! Kids can be so stressful at times....I have 3 teenagers in the house and am not looking forward to my 3 girls to grow up too fast!!!

Uber...your doing amazing! 10 pound average is awesome!!!!

I'm fighting hunger....this is bad I mean almost as bad as the first week!!!! I'm staying OP but it gets really bad when all you want to do is stuff your face!!
Old 09-04-2014, 02:52 PM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjenangel027 View Post

I'm fighting hunger....this is bad I mean almost as bad as the first week!!!! I'm staying OP but it gets really bad when all you want to do is stuff your face!!
Jenni: HANG IN THERE! I hate being hungry! I had a few weeks back there where I was so hungry I thought I was going to faint! When I'm really hungry, I find it helps to eat more protein and/or fat. Sometimes I eat full fat yogurt with cut up fruit for lunch-- it doesn't seem like that much, but the fat/protein combo really sticks with me. Also 4 oz of chicken and some veggies and a piece of cheese fills me up more than a sandwich which has 2 slices of bread plus some lunch meat. I guess bread doesn't fill me up as much even though I do love it! Sometimes nothing helps and I just have to suck it up. Re kids leaving home... I'm the absolute worst about that!!! I literally get tears in my eyes whenever I even think of it!!! Two of mine are in college right now (one taking a semester off and coming home) and the other two are still home.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:53 PM   #111  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Lotus, welcome back!

Diane, ah yes, the joys of family. Hope today is better. Congrats on the number. Being able to see your body's patterns is important. And good luck with your next weigh-in. <3

Uber, I know that feeling of being worried you're gonna get stuck at a number all too well. Hoping that I don't end up bouncing all around in the 210 range.

Jenni, I feel your hunger. Literally. And it's not like I want to binge, I feel like I'm starving. In my stomach, not my mind. Does that make sense?

Scale was high today. Expected as much. Sodium was on the high end yesterday, didn't drink enough water, and based on the aches in my back and the slight nausea as well as ravenous hunger I woke up to again today, purdy damn sure that time is coming. I hate that time. At least I'm not bawling my eyes out yet. Add that to waking up to my brother hitting me up for money and trying to find out if/when I'm going to move out to the farm so that he can rent the room out that I'm in... Yeah, it's going to be an awesome day.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #112  

Uber...thank you!!!! I think that's the toughest part of mothering we always worry!!! I am on a carb cycle so on low carb days I mainly eat protein and fat and I have always felt full until this week weird I drink a gallon of water also!!!! I hope its a phase and it leaves soon lol thank you for the encouragement it helps
Old 09-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #113  

Jessica.....YES only I have the IUD and don't get periods idk maybe hormonal???? But yes I have tried everything hot tea, more water, more veggies and this constant state of vicious hunger stays!!!!!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:36 PM   #114  

Height: 5'5"

Just skimmed through posts. I will hopefully do a more thorough response this evening. But maybe the morning.

I had to be up at 5:30 this morning to drive 3 hours for a 9:00 court hearing. So, I told the hubby I was going to bed early. For me, early is 10:00. He interpreted that to mean, "Let's have sex and then try to resolve every issue in our marriage." So, it was actually a really good night. But a 2:45 a.m. sleep time with a 5:30 a.m. wake-up call leaves me really tired. Nevertheless, I got to hit a new Anytime Fitness, had a surprisingly good lifting session (with a 4.5 minute warm-up run with 4 minutes at 5.2 mph and the final half minute at 5.8 mph), took a quick run through the thrift shop next door and ended up buying four skirts in four different sizes, three of which fit (the 18, 16, and 14), and used my travel time as phone time and was productive there too. Overall, good day, though my scale seems to be stuck again. And I am going to bed early tonight. And SLEEPING.

I also have a standing desk. I almost exclusively stand at it, though if I am not feeling well or if I have had a particularly strenuous afternoon gym session, I am grateful to have the sitting option. I love the thought of effortlessly burning calories just by standing up to do my work. Add that to the overall health problems associated with sitting all day, and it's perfect for me.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:09 AM   #115  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey Everyone, so I disappeared again BUT for once, I've been on track because again, I've been thinking about you all and everyday, I mean to check in and then the day gets away from me. I'm doing it today though. Finally.

I've read the past 3 pages I've missed and so much has happened in a few days with uber having such awesome scale victories YAY! Slashni I hope things are okay with your daughter now. My mom and I are very similar types deep down but on the surface we seem to disagree about a lot of things which causes drama, and I think that's a lot because of our similar personalities clashing. There's still love though, it's just one of those things that is annoying whilst the drama is on. Jenni, I'm sorry you were feeling under the weather. I hope you're doing better. I HATE those uncontrollable hunger pangs. The worst of it being that I KNOW rationally that I can't be starving like I feel because I've actually eaten, my calories are on track, but yet I feel like if I don't eat, things will get dramatic. It usually hits me around TOM but it can also be random and it is the harbinger for super bingey behavior for me. I hope you're way over it by now. LaurieDawn and LotusMama I'm intrigued by the idea of a standing desk. How do you like it? Is it practical? What's the real deal? martini I hope you're doing alright. Blips are normal. It's like life. Nobody has a success trajectory that doesn't have peaks and troughs. Yet we expect perfection from ourselves like we are ALWAYS going to be 100% on it and eat the right way all the time and feel like it everyday and be warriors every time. Weakness is a fact and afterwards we pick ourselves up and we go again. That's the important bit.

Like calluna, I had a pretty on-plan weekend. Of course I didn't have the temptations of labour day to contend with like you all but still I made it work and with the exception of one day this week (where I ate at maintenance), I've been eating at a good deficit. I'm most excited about 2 things though: 1.) My goal for September is to work out at least 4 times a week and I've done 2 workouts this week and if I workout today and tomorrow, I've accomplished week 1 of that goal so yeah I'm going to work out today and tomorrow. 2.) My much-anticipated new Fitbit arrived and I hadn't realized how much I missed it. I'm not yet at 10,000 steps a day because errr... well... that's not my life yet... but I will get (back) there. In other news, I have eaten cake this week, BUT in a totally controlled manner that fit within my plan. I cut a thin slice (about 50g) and then cut it into little cubes so it feels like I'm getting more cake than i am and once I'm done, I'm done. NSV, I think.

The main reason this week has been so hectic is that I'm away from work next week so I'm trying to get through. My friend is getting married in Italy and so we're making a weeklong vacation of it. I suppose I'm excited because I get to explore a different part of Italy but I'm also a little stressed about being away and not necessarily being able to plan. Plus, I lowkey hate travel. I mean I like the destinations but not the journey y'kno and the packing... I guess it's the same with weight loss, eh? Lower weights = fun times; the actual weight loss journey= bleh... not so fun... I'm not sure how working out is going to work out (#PunIntended) but there should be quite a bit of walking so I hope to hit those 10,000 steps at least a few days next week. Hopefully, I'll be able to check in to some extent and that will help me stay on track. TOM is expected today which means I'm feel bloated, munchy and emotional but I'm trying to plan around that. I'm also fighting allergies/a cold- not sure which yet so I'm additionally whiny. I'm sure I'm a real joy to be around for everyone!

I hope you all are having a great, on plan day!
Old 09-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #116  

Height: 5'5"

Toasted - A week in Italy. That's so exciting! Even though it does involve packing and traveling. Also super excited that you're on plan both with calories and working out. You're in the hardest phase, I think, and you're powering through it. Woot! And the cake NSV. You have so got this!

Diane - I have a 20YO daughter, and I feel like our relationship is really good. But when we clash, it feels pretty explosive. No idea why. But dealing with life's blips, staying on track with your exercise (which, for me, helps me cope better anyway), and your food is a huge victory. Hope things smooth out with her.

Jenni - Hope you're feeling better, both with the bug and the hard-core hunger. Sounds like you know all the strategies. And that you are employing the white-knuckle one to success right now. That's the worst one to have to use, but sometimes, it's the only one that works.

Jessica - Oof. TOM. Lack of scale love. Intense hunger. A week of active recovery. What a combination! And, of course, it is coming at a time when you are also fighting the weird challenge of slugging through the last 10 pounds to get to Onederland. But you sound like you're full of resolve, and that the resolve will carry you through.

LotusMama - Standing at my desk while typing this. Toasted asked if my desk actually allows me to work. Honestly, I feel like I am more efficient when I'm standing than sitting, though the difference is marginal. There's really no real difference in what I'm able to get done, but I do feel less sluggish on low energy days.

Uber - Check you out, Ms. Rock Star. One of the things I love about this site is that it seems like at any given time, some people are struggling and others are sailing. Both are inspirational. And hooray for your morning walks. I really, really love to walk. The gym is a conundrum. I really do love going to the gym, and I love that my Anytime Fitness membership gives me the option of working out virtually anywhere I am, and I travel quite a bit. But for the kind of money that you would spend for a high-end gym, you might be able to purchase enough equipment to have a fully functional home gym.

Martini - Thinking about you as this trainer boy challenge comes to an end. Thank you for taking it on with me. The now-thinner version of me appreciates it the support more than you know.

So, the scale is not my friend right now. Or maybe just a fickle friend. I have been seeing some version of 207.x since Tuesday. But, as my daughter would say, long hair don't care. I have been on plan, and my low-sleep night may have thrown me off, but I care more about the marriage than the weight loss, especially one day's worth of weight loss. And as I put on my LARGE shirt and baggy size 16 skirt (after, of course, boring a new hole in the accompanying belt that is nowhere near any other hole, and still leaves the skirt a bit baggy because a hole that represents my actual waist would make the skirt bunchy), after weighing, I remembered a time when literally none of my clothes fit and getting dressed in the morning was a nightmare. This is so much better. =)

Also, my trainer boy challenge is drawing to a close in less than a week. The bet was for 12 pounds, but I wanted to lose 20 to make sure that variances in scales, time of month, and time of weighing would not stop me from victory. I have lost 32 pounds. I am curious to know what trainer boy will say. I'm also very curious to know how much muscle I am losing and how much the lifting is helping me to preserve it.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:15 PM   #117  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!
Went to spin this morning. I was feeling a little sore in the legs, so I was afraid of how it would be. It was a little difficult, but a good workout. I'm a little stiff now when I've been sitting too long. (I don't have a standing desk, darn it.) But the scale showed 236.4 again today. That's good! I'd really like to get in the 220's, or at least get to 60 pounds lost. Time to make it to a new goal weight. This weekend should be easier to stay on track. We don't have any plans, except to go to my son's football game (even though he isn't playing because of the concussion he has).

LaurieDawn: Yeah, my daughter and I have a very good relationship for the most part. She just makes some choices sometimes that aren't the best. And it frustrates me a lot. I know that I frustrate her too. But I love her very much and I know that overall, we are good. Sorry about the scale issue, but your trainer boy challenge has been amazing! You should be really proud!

Toasted: Oooo! Italy! That would be so fun. I totally get the not liking to travel, though. The destinations are good, but the process isn't!!

Jessica: Gotta love having to start your day like that. Hopefully the rest of it gets a lot better!

Jenni: It is so hard to have those really hungry days. I hate it when it is like that. It seems like you never feel satisfied! But, hang in there. You'll make it through!

Uber: Boy do you have a house full! I guess you get used to it being a little "active". Ha!
Old 09-05-2014, 04:04 PM   #118  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Toasted, it's always great to see you pop in between your busy life. So many marriages. XD Also, totally jealous of your upcoming trip to Italy. I spent seven years studying Latin in middle and high school so some part of me has always wanted to visit landmarks from the Roman Empire.

Diane, I'm glad that the soreness in your legs didn't keep you from enjoying spin class. Have fun at the game, even if he's not playing.

Laurie, you're gonna blow him away when you step on that scale. You're a bada** and you are going to rock your victory.

I got 207.0 lbs on the scale this morning. It took me a moment to realize the notch was two pounds up from the 205-lb dot and not two pounds up from the 210-lb dash... I have to say the glee and disbelief when I realized it? Purdy awesome. Also, the feeling of looking in the mirror, despite the fact that my gut didn't go down last week, and seeing not how big it still is but how small I've gotten... Best. Feeling. Ever. <3

...... I realize that I just posted about an hour ago, but I feel the need to vent.

Quote:
To whom it may concern:
............ I never touch your ice cream but you ate one of my cherry fudge swirl frozen Greek yogurts? (Not even just the plan fudge swirl, but the CHERRY fudge swirl.) AH H*LL NO, BOOBOO! And you go and try to hide that from me by burying the container in the bottom of the trash? LIKE I'M NOT GOING TO NOTICE AT ONE OF THEM IS MISSING WHEN THERE ARE ONLY 3 IN A BOX.
I now return you to your regularly scheduled programing.

Last edited by garnetrising; 09-05-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:44 PM   #119  

Toasted - Enjoy Italy, and especially THE FOOD! I know what you mean about traveling. I hate the logistics of it, but it's always worth it when you're actually there.

Diane I'm so used to having a horde around that I'm completely used to it. Funny enough, when I was in my twenties, I lived alone for long periods of time. I enjoy both. I'm kind of anti-social, but not much bothers me. Hope your day is better today!

Jenni - Hope the hunger is a bit better today. I've been having a hungry day today-- comes and goes, but I'm not one of those who can lose weight without feeling hungry! Funny story, the first time I dropped 110 lbs, I had never really gone on a long weight loss program before. At one point, I got so hungry I went to bed thinking I was sick. I was so unused to REAL hunger (as opposed to just wanting to eat) that I didn't even recognize the feeling!

Jessica - It is just SO tough to sit at a "stuck weight". I literally sometimes have the irrational thought that my body will simply REFUSE to lose weight no matter what I do. The only silver lining to being stuck for a while is that it is almost always followed by a whoosh if you can hang in there. You'll be below 200 before you know it!

LotusMama - hope things are going well!

Martini - Can't wait for you to pop back in and let us know how it's going.

Laurie Baggy 16s??? I LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT!!! And your trainer boy challenge stats are absolutely ASTOUNDING. 32 lbs????? You certainly schooled him! I'm really amazed that you've lost so much... that's more than 15 lbs a month. I LOVE it!

Regarding the gym for me, I don't know if home gym equipment would be the right choice for me. I like the ritual of going to the gym-- I used to have a treadmill, and I used it some, but mostly only if the weather was too bad or something else kept me away from the gym. Since I was literally doing nothing but sitting on my butt, I think adding 40 min of walking every day is good enough for the time being... I really like the high-end gym because it has a pool and I really like to swim laps, especially when I'm not super in shape. I used to belong to the Y, but the one near me is a half-hour drive. I know myself, and I really need someplace no more than 10 minutes away or I won't go. Hopefully soon I'll feel like I can afford it.

Didn't have a chance to weigh in this am as I couldn't get to the scale. Am happy with my new walk to school routine. It was a little hot the last few days so we only walked in the morning and I picked up in the afternoon, but today we walked both ways. It's about 20-25 minutes total so if I walk both drop off and pick up I get about 45 minutes in without even trying. I'm starting to see some small clothing NSVs-- wearing my size 20 jeans which had been too tight. After dropping 5 lbs in under a week, I'm pretty sure the scale is going to stall for a few days, so I'm trying to take a relaxed approach to it.

Last edited by ubergirl; 09-05-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:45 PM   #120  

Toasted: Italy!!!! Oh me gosh (as my 3 year old says) that is one place that I have ALWAYS wanted to go. We spent two years in South Korea. My husband is Army and I kept saying why couldn't I go somewhere so cool like Italy...LOL I will have to live through hearing about it from you!

Diane: Way to rock spinning. I also live that through you! I love love spinning I just wish we would get it around here!

Laurie: Way to rock your trainer challenge...your doing amazing! Keep at it!!!

Jessica...awesome progress!!!!! I hope the scale keeps it up for you!

Uber: I have a treadmill, weights, punching bag. I almost have too because of all my kiddos. It's nice to walk out in the garage and get it done. It would also be nice to get away to do it too....I just feel so busy most days so I am thankful I have it here too!!!
Closed Thread