Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #436  

S/C/G: 232/197/170

Hello ladies, congrats on the progress Mandy! Laurie, I have similar problem, if I'm good with food, meaning staying on plan and no cheating, I feel great. The moment I eat something That I shouldn't, it completely ruins my next couple of days. It's like loosing control over food makes me feel like I'm loosing control over my life. I've been hovering around 194 in the past couple of days, can't wait to cross to 180's, even if it's 189.9
Old 10-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #437  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Laurie...you give me too much credit....Everyone has stuff to deal with and problems as do I...I just have to keep the attitude of "I CAN" I do it to God quite a bit.

MissLoud...thank you for the supplement idea...I am researching that! My vitamins have those in it but not as much as I think is suggested.

Mandy...happy birthday and yay for figuring the scale!

Toasted....thank you and I have been researching fish oil too. Since I do not like fish I think I should look at supplements. Yesterday was a bit better still feel like I am in a fog and the pain still is lingering but the idea that there is an out of this feels nice!

In other words scale was friendly today 225.2....we will see if this holds for tomorrow's weigh in...I really hope this exercise is helping conquer the plateau!
Old 10-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everybody,

Sorry I got so behind and really don't have time to catch up right now. I took a whirlwind trip left Tuesday and returned Wednesday. Yesterday and the day before were just plain bad-- the "eat so much you want to barf" kind of bad.

Quote:
But sometimes, it's not about why we do, but what we do. Maybe if you white-knuckled a few days on plan, you'll get back in the groove and can explore the "why" from a safer distance.
Laurie I just want to say THANK YOU for saying this, and yes, it is so true. Since last Friday, I've been teetering, and I was trying to figure out what exactly was making me so stressed but it really is true that sometimes the why isn't really all that important-- it's the how.

1. Last night before I went to bed, I was already full and on the tail end of a bad day and I wanted to go grab more junk food and eat it before bed. I remembered Martini telling me to "just sit with the feeling". I sat with the feeling and I'm telling you, the desire to go eat the junk disappeared in SECONDS.

Here is my plan for today: For lunch, I'm having yogurt and fruit (one of my go to meals) and for dinner, I'm having salmon and veggies (also a go-to meal).

I texted my IRL diet buddy this morning and I'm going to be sending her my calorie count.

I'm going to go to bed early-- I noticed that one thing I did differently last week was that I was getting a lot less sleep than usual, going to bed late, and the problem of staying on track all day and then blowing it at night had reared its ugly head. Being tired is not good for me and going to bed early keeps me from late-night eating.

I'm going to heed Laurie's advice for the day and focus on the "what" and keep my head out of the "why."

Over the past 7 days, I've had some moderate days and some bad days, but I haven't had a single good day. So, today will be the good day.

Scale up FOUR but I spent more than 12 hours total in the car, and ate a lot of salty food, so I'm sure most of that is just bloat.

I'll catch up with all of your posts soon, I hope!
Old 10-10-2014, 01:27 PM   #439  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

LaurieDawn: Losing weight takes a tremendous amount of self-discipline and commitment. With the effort it takes, I think success definitely warrants a reward of some sort and I don't think it's "holier-than-thou" at all. You're working so hard, there should be some added perk to sweeten the pot. Maybe you can do non-food related rewards for staying on track... like mani-pedis or massages, or a book you've been wanting or a non-food related date night or a pair of shoes. I think a certain measure of non-food "I deserve this" is warranted when you're doing what needs to be done to succeed. Well done!

lulu78: I'm in a similar situation a decade up from you, holding steady in the mid 180s... I'd give my eye's teeth... okay maybe not my eye's teeth, but definitely a couple of wisdom teeth, to be 179.9. Let's keep plugging away, we'll make it!

ubergirl: Today is what matters and why shouldn't it be a good day! You can do it! Let us know how it all goes!!

I'm still at work but beginning to wind down. My work day tomorrow has been shifted to Sunday... happy happy joy joy for the 1 day weekend... I in the end had a piece of grilled chicken with my oatmeal. It wasn't super exciting but it wasn't pastry or fried so I'll say I won at lunch! Here's wishing you guys a great weekend... During which for once, I hopefully check in.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:38 PM   #440  

One more update, and then I'm outta here.

I RECORDED my food choices (binge) on Tuesday and Wednesday:

Tuesday: 2800
Wednesday: 2200

Ok. A lot of calories and way more than I need, but let's face it, I didn't actually eat the state of Nebraska.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:12 PM   #441  

I have worked out 4 days this week 2 circuits and 2 walks.....The endorphins post workout are my best time of feeling good...it usually wears off 30 min post workout but man oh man they make me feel like I am on top of the world! I have to say there is something about lifting and empowering....I may on lift little but I sure do feel strong when I do lift!
Old 10-10-2014, 10:47 PM   #442  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hey all!

My husband's parents, grandmother, and nephew are here for the weekend!

So... I'm going to be away from the computer, probably until Monday. Save my seat, will you?
Old 10-11-2014, 01:50 AM   #443  

Checking in 3x a day right now. Hope ya'll will bear with me.

It's bedtime and I was able to stay with my plan. I definitely still feel very much like I'm teetering, but I'm hanging in there.

Have a good weekend!
Old 10-11-2014, 03:09 AM   #444  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Ahhh weekend! Big walk around the estuary for me, think it was about 8km (sorry don't know what that is in miles. So nice to get out in the sun, by myself. My lungs held up so starting to get back to normal.

I'm starting to struggle with impatience, I want this weight off now! I think it may be because Christmas us looming fast, and the warm weather we have been having is making me think summer is around the corner. I know I should be grateful I have lost some weight, but kicking myself I didn't stick with it all the other times I started. I've also been thinking about my brother alot too, it has me thinking whats the freaking point! Just be happy live my life as I am and not be ruled by the scales - I almost wish something had shown up on my tests to give me a kick up the butt, but no I'm perfectly healthy! Obese me. My totally healthy normal sized brother is the one who has a random heart attack and dies!!

Sorry whawha me!

So uber if you find the solution to being in a funk, let me know, so we can head out of funkytown together.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:30 AM   #445  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Hey everyone! It's Saturday and I'm checking in!!! Ahhhhhh!!! AND the scale cooperated and dropped another lb. Today is supposed to be my official weigh in day but I forgot and had a yoghurt this morning before so I'll do an official weigh in tomorrow. But today post-yoghurt was 182.5 y'all which is the lightest I've been since May 1st!!! Squeeeeeeee!!!

Uber: Yay on a successfully on-plan day, yesterday. Everyone teeters. The best we can do is take it day by day and you already won yesterday so you can do it today too! Check in however it's going!

jenjenangel007: Yay on exercise being such good medicine for you! I hope you continue to feel better so you can get lifting again, Strong Woman.

MissLoud: I'm sorry for your loss. One takeaway I guess is that none of us are guaranteed forever so we need to make the most of the time we have and choose to be as happy and healthy as we can be and make the changes we need to rather than putting things off till a tomorrow we're not guaranteed. Which is why it's awesome we're on this journey now. Sure we could have all been finished and at goal now but life happens and we're not. And as the human condition dictates, we haven't given up or stopped, we're still trying and fighting. Fall down seven times, get up eight, is the true victory. Don't regret that you didn't do this journey since or you gave up in the past, rejoice that you're on top of it now and you're doing so well. And it's going to be worth it in the end.

I hope everyone has a fab weekend. I'm trying to figure out what to do for lunch that won't throw me off or lead me to park myself in the fridge since I'm I'm home all day today... although possibly I might go to the grocery store. #LifestylesOfTheBoringAndSingle
Old 10-11-2014, 12:01 PM   #446  

Scale MOVED good!!!! After over 2 weeks...uggg just glad its moving again 224.6....not loving plateaus!!
Old 10-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #447  

Toasted Hooray for hitting your lightest point yet! Good job!

Jen So fantastic that you have been working out. Good for you!

Mandy I know what you mean about getting nervous about setting specific time goals-- that makes me nervous too-- and yet, YOU DID IT! And what a relief to figure out your scale issue, too.

MissLoud I'm glad that you're healthy, but why put yourself at higher risk of developing problems? I'm sure it will take time to work through the loss of your brother-- that must be so hard! My heart goes out to you! I personally think that what you are doing is a beautiful way to honor his memory.

lulu tell me about how one little thing can just wreak havoc with the best laid plans! I am struggling to learn that even if I get off track I can still get back on... I haven't mastered it yet. It's a process.

As for me, I feel somewhat less vulnerable today. I weighed in this morning and I was at 249.4 which is just a pound up and mostly likely still has a little bloat in it. I've decided I'm going to try really hard to lose 4 more pounds. I'm pretty much sitting here at 248/249. Ugh. On the other hand, I am planning to rack up a second on plan day today. If I can make it through today and tomorrow, I think I'll be back!

Last edited by ubergirl; 10-11-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #448  

Uber.....you can do it! I know it sucks. I was at 227 228 for over 2 weeks it sucked so bad! I started exercising and making sure I stuck to a calorie cycle and I managed to go down. Hang in there....you can and will do this!!!!
Old 10-12-2014, 07:08 AM   #449  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Hey everyone, checking in twice in one weekend, am I? I'm on a set supervising the production of a script my office did and it involves a lot of sitting around idly and waiting as the same thing is done over and over again and make up is reapplied and the lights are tweaked and basically everything I hate. On the bright side, there's nothing to snack on and I'm almost too bored to be hungry so I decided to come lurk on 3fC on my phone.

über: How went yesterday? Yay on feeling a little more solid yesterday. One on-plan day at a time, the scale will drop. Go you! You've got this! You can do it!!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #450  

Toasted Glad you're checking in on your phone! Love that you are too bored to eat!

I'm still teetering a bit. Had a great day all day yesterday, went for a long walk after dinner, was completely on plan until I decided to eat two popsicles and 5 jelly candies. This extra 200 calories bumped me up from a lose worthy 1200 to a maintaining 1400. I wish I could just keep that kind of thing out of the house but I can't my parents who live with me are sweets-lovers and my mom goes to Costco and buys it by the yard. I have struggled with the nighttime eating thing before and I was able to break it. NO EATING AFTER DINNER!

My weight was up a pound, most likely due to the bad eating.

Right now, I'm just focusing on not losing it entirely in the hopes that soon my mojo will come back.
Closed Thread