3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   03 regainers regaining control, and relosing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/298774-03-regainers-regaining-control-relosing.html)

LaurieDawn 10-17-2014 09:43 AM

Uber - Sounds like you had a maintenance day. Yay! Those contribute in a positive way to our overall goals too, I think. And today will be another losing day. You are closing in our your second mini-goal. So excited to see you get there!

Diane - Six pounds gone! I find that when I have very active days, like when I go hiking or take my kids to an amusement park, I tend to lose fairly quickly, and it often stays gone. I am hoping the same for you. And it's an interesting observation that your husband enjoyed the benefits of your increased fitness level as well. Not only could you engage in the same activities he did, but he didn't have the worries.

Mandy - That is such a cool table setting. Your house is becoming more and more of a home for you and the hubby. And I should have known you already had a plan to deal with your challenges. As Diane said, soon your signature will be a library.

Jenni - You make me smile! Thanks for the great compliments. And I will return them - Girl! You are looking GOOD. I don't know what you've been doing, but keep doing it. Again, I'm really glad your flare-up has passed. That has to be the worst.

MissLoud - Will your sickness plague never end? Now your family has joined you? I'm so sorry. Sending positive vibes for health. It's spring, heading into summer there. This cold nonsense should recognize that, and stop bothering you and yours.

Jessica - Thanks for scoping out Onederland for me. I am so excited to be FINALLY joining you there.

And <drumroll> the scale showed 198.6 this morning. I was 206.4 on September 6, so this feels like it was a long time coming. But it's here! It is here. AND I did my 4.25-mile route yesterday at a 13.31 min/mi pace. My converter tells me that's 4.5 miles per hour, which is very fast for me. It's an average running pace, for goodness sake.

I hope the next ten pounds comes off MUCH faster than the last ten, but I really think that this bump on my journey was a good thing for me. It was really good psychologically for me to fight through some very serious challenges. I am hopeful that it will make the whole "maintain for life" thing an increasingly likely possibility.

jenjenangel027 10-17-2014 10:59 AM

MissLoud...I hope your house feels better! That is so not good!!!!

Diane....that is amazing with the weightloss...maybe your body needed something different? Great job!

Uber....through all these challenges I think we find peace and we find how to go on about our lives with the weight loss....you are finding your way!

Laurie....WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO chug ah lug on the ONDERLAND!!! Excited for another party!!!!! You are doing so fantastic ...embrace it!

So I have myself pondering. I am going to Disney mid November with my sister, mom, niece, and my 15 old son. I am so worried about gaining. Has anyone done the amusement park thing while eating right????

martini 10-17-2014 11:06 AM

omg Laurie!!!! Hurrah!!!!

LaurieDawn 10-17-2014 11:57 AM

I am having a hard time focusing on work, and I already know that I'll be here working this weekend, but I still came to see if anyone was cheering for me. =) And I was not disappointed. =)

Martini - Thanks for coming out of lurking to post. You know how important you have been to me on this journey, right? I have absolutely needed the support. Hope the work/growth thing is going well for you.

Jenni - You, too, have been such a great supporter. Thanks for all your positivity. And to answer your question - Amusement parks are the best for weight loss, if you're either cheap or poor, both of which I am. I bring my own food in, though occasionally I have purchased food there. The food is so incredibly expensive, though, that I have no temptation to buy the purely entertainment food, like popcorn or funnel cake. And the walking. When I used to take my kids, it was because we had saved for the occasion, so we wanted to do as many rides as possible. So, we literally ran from one ride to the next. I have always lost weight during all-day amusement park trips. Try to keep up with that 15yo son, and you'll get a lot of movement in. It's awesome. But, you know what? I am also all about giving myself permission to take days off completely, like Thanksgiving. That could also be a great solution.

jenjenangel027 10-17-2014 03:44 PM

Laurie.....thank you! And yes I bring my snacks, breakfast, and lunches. We usually eat there at dinner. And I eat off the kids menu or salads. Ive been there several times because I have family there and my best friend....but never have been concerned about healthy options. I would have never been able to afford it right now but my mom paid for the airline tickets and my sis is paying for the hotel. I am getting the military discount so they said that was enough! I have never been away from my babies for that long either....so trying to figure it all out.

And still smiling that you are in Onderland!!!!! I have a feeling that our whole group will hit this point in time and it is an awesome feeling!

OHHHHH....I got an email from the job I was waiting to hear on...I am 1 of 43 and they are narrowing it down to 15 for interviews....I really am praying I am one of those 15!!!!! I will hear by next Friday!

FeraFilia 10-17-2014 05:14 PM

YAY LAURIE!! ONEDERLAND!! SO happy for you! :D :carrot::cb::broc: (it's a dance party :lol: )

Jenni - I second Laurie's thoughts on amusement park trips. Not entirely the same, but I went to the zoo, got a funnel cake, and then went out to dinner later, saw a small bump on the scale the next day from the sodium in dinner, then like a 3 pound whoosh over the next couple days after that. You do a LOT of walking around, and it seems to take care of any not-quite-plan food that may sneak in. You'll do fine. You're allowed to relax and enjoy holidays. :)

Uber - I think you're like me. I don't really feel hungry in the morning, to the point of if I eat too soon after waking up I get a little nauseated. But on those mornings when I eat earlier than planned, I'm hungry and snacky for the rest of the day. It's like once I have that first substantial amount of food (not counting the cream in my coffee, of course), I have to really control the desire to eat. Which is why I generally don't eat until 2 or so in the afternoon, then again at 4 or 5, then big meal around 7:30 or 8pm, and then a snack around 9 or 10. All of my calories in an 8 hour window, and I'm satisfied by bed time, and not hungry until time to eat the next day. But something small can throw me off, like a meal earlier in the day. Eating "normally" i.e. 3 mid-sized meals? Yeah... that doesn't work for me. Totally get it.

I faced the music, and it wasn't too horrific.

So, in the last week, between eating out for my birthday, stressing the in-laws visiting, my husband's official installation celebration, 2 "appreciation" dinners, a ton of goodies being delivered, and TOM approaching... I was on the verge of binge eating for almost a week. And, I am up 3 pounds.

I think I can handle that... except it's 282.8. And I fought with that number for so long I almost instinctively cringed at the scale because I saw it AGAIN. Oy.

MissLoud 10-17-2014 05:17 PM

:cheer::cheer: Whoop Woop Laurie :cheer::cheer: congratulations on breaking through that 200 barrier - such a wonderful achievement! ! :carrot::carrot:

Husbands home now and moping round like hes super tired, so who had to get up to the boys this morning - this girl. Moan moan moan! I know being a mum puts me down the list but just one day I would like someone to look after me - lol. My cough is feeling a bit better, but this spring weather is being so changeable it seems to bring out all the bugs.

Jenni disneyland!! Omg so jealous. I'm hoping to take the boys there one day, it takes a whole day of flying from here so they are just to little. We might start with the gold coast parks in Australia when they are bigger and I am smaller. My girlfriends want to head to fiji in July, I have no clue where we would get the money but its a good goal to aspire to. I dream of getting in my swimming togs again :)

Right got to go split my children up, why do boys like to wrestle! !!!!!

Slashnl 10-17-2014 06:07 PM

Hi all! Another day off for me... last one of vacation days, but still the weekend is ahead! I've been getting fall/winter clothes out and putting spring/summer clothes away. I am giving away a lot of clothes that are too big, and I am able to fit in a lot of clothes that I haven't been able to wear in forever, so that makes me happy. There is still one skirt that is just not going to close for me, so I'll wait on that. Honestly, I have never worn that outfit, even though I love it. It was a gift from my husband, and I'm not sure what he was thinking, but someday, I'll wear it. There were a few that I gave away that I could probably still wear, even though they are bigger, but I looked at them and they were always my go to clothes. I just don't want to even see them anymore.

Laurie: Oh my gosh!!!! Yay for you!!!! You really busted through that 200 pound mark! Good job!!!! You must feel amazing.

MissLoud: Guess the boys aren't too sick that they still want to wrestle. Gotta love them!

Mandy: Sorry you saw that number again, but I know you! You'll get it off again!!!

Jenni: Good luck on the job! That's gotta be a little stressful to wait for the chance for an interview! Hope you get it!

Uber: Glad you liked what I wrote. I wasn't trying to preach to anyone, but it just was such a powerful thought in my head, I needed to get it out. I want to keep the image in my head as I keep going forward with workouts. There will still be those times when I wonder if it is worth it, and I think I'll remember that it is!! Oh, and wow! Being able to run 4 miles. That would be awesome!

toastedsmoke 10-17-2014 06:37 PM

Yayyyy Laurie!!!! :carrot: :carrot: Congratulations on Onederland!!!

I wasn't going to do individual posts today because it's late and I'm exhausted and have an early (for Saturday) start tomorrow. That said, I'm so excited LaurieDawn is in onederland.

So to check in quickly as it's been a couple of days. I've been doing pretty well on plan with the 5:2 WOE and keeping my non-fast day calories in check. Work has been busy and has involved a lot of road trips and reporting and stuff and that's probably my life for at least the next 10 days BUT I'm sticking with it and staying on plan. I'm feeling relatively solid with my eating now but trying not to get too cocky and complacent as that's the beginning of humpty-dumptying right off the wall for me. I'm not yet exercising but I'm getting to THAT, get your butt up stage which is good for me because it means I might do a little less talking and a lot more doing when it comes to exercise.

I've read back this thread and I'm sooo glad that more or less everyone is in an alright headspace for now. Perfection is boring anyway and one learns nothing from it. Falling off the wagon happens in weight loss like in life and what's important is the getting back up and into the wagon even if we have to crawl and be helped back in. And that's what we're doing by being here so we are at least ahead of the curve. Yay everyone on your successes whether scale related, fitness related or sticking to plan related! I'm both nervous and excited about weigh in tomorrow because I haven't really had time in the mornings this week to peek and get an idea.

Okay it's bedtime for me so I'll sign off for now. Have a great weekend, everyone!

FeraFilia 10-18-2014 12:22 PM

Down a little more today, to 282.4.

Surprised it's moving at all with TOM due any minute now.

I caved and had a super salty snack right before bed. The calories fit, but I was craving cheese/crackers/summer sausage... So I had a couple. Killed my salt craving, fit in my day, and I drank a bottle of water with it, so it should be okay. I need to do better today about getting fresh produce in, instead of carbs.

FeraFilia 10-18-2014 01:57 PM

Back again.

I just sat here and realized I'm in the same situation I was in before, when I'd lost 50+ and then subsequently gained it all back.

I worked hard to lose the first 50. I moved. Things got busy when we settled into our new place and eating right has fallen down the list of important things. I slipped up a little, and then a little more, and a week later I'm having the hardest time getting back on track. I'm also at 5 months or so in, and it's not fun and exciting anymore. It's getting into fall, my favorite season for baking and sweet treats, and I can't indulge and so it's more like a burden.

THIS is where I went full backslide last time. In the fall, with all the yummy holiday meals and the delicious seasonal treats to be made and eaten. RIGHT NOW I'm having to physically keep myself OUT of the kitchen, because I know there is a stash of pumpkin bread, brownies, and maple bacon cookies in the freezer. Not to mention that carrot cake. I can't tell if it's TOM or just burn out.

I had to help my husband with his lunch (he was given something that needed a little more finesse in the kitchen than he possesses) and I had to force myself to walk out with nothing but a cup of coffee and a bottle of water (I figured hands full of beverage meant I couldn't carry snacks), and I still just want to go up there and melt a bunch of cheese on some garlic butter Ritz crackers and eat like it doesn't matter.

I don't like it. I need to get this back on track. I want a baby in 2015 dammit and the only way that'll happen is if I get more of this weight off of me.

MissLoud 10-18-2014 04:12 PM

Oh Mandy I feel you! I'm the same, the back slide starts for me normally in november my sons birthday, then its summer Christmas parties, end of work parties, Christmas, new years camping, then my birthday in early January. 3 months of social eating and drinking - leads to me gaining and swearing to do it all again. I'm refusing this year! I have looked at the calendar and scheduled treat days, it was the only way I can think of getting through it without resentment. I've found resentment and people (my mother) telling me I shouldn't have something sets of my binge eating.

So I guess what I'm waffling about is I know exactly how you feel, and well yeah I don't have an answer except take it each day at a time and make the good ones outway the bad. Oh and get a rid of all the tempting food, take it to an old folks home or something lol

Good luck :hug:

FeraFilia 10-18-2014 05:45 PM

MissLoud - I think it's a mental conditioning thing. Uber talks about trampoline weights... and I think mine isn't so much a specific weight number on the scale, but a specific amount lost, combined with the calendar. It just so happens that I start off in the spring, and tend to hit 50 pounds gone in the fall (this is the 3rd time I've done it this way), so my brain equates fall and fall baking with the end of my weight loss attempt. I need to reprogram, but it's tough. Fall baking is something I've done every year. Baking things with nutmeg, allspice, ground clove, cinnamon, brown sugar... I love those smells, and I really love sharing them with friends and watching them be devoured. There's nothing quite like fall baking for me. It's a pretty big part of my identity, and it almost feels like I'm in mourning over the things I *can't* make this year. (Also, it's a little weird to hear about summer Christmas parties :lol: )

I've made a plan for the next few days. It's not a really great plan, but it will keep me on track with my food and movement.

I've been wanting to play the computer game my husband got me for my birthday, because it's one I've been wanting... But I could easily spend hours at it if I'm not careful. So. My plan for the next few days to break back into being on plan with food is to set a timer, and play my game for 30 minutes, then for the next 30 minutes do SOMETHING around the house. The dishes, the laundry, re-make the guest beds, dust, or just walk around up and down the stairs a few times, over the next half hour.

I will plan my food in the morning, and eat accordingly, only the scheduled foods at the scheduled times. The good news here is, the only thing that's NOT in the freezer at this point, are the white chocolate sweets in the cupboard that are easy enough to avoid, the halloween candy which is also easy to avoid (they are both hidden away in cabinets) and the spicy chex mix... which I've decided to allow myself 1/2c per day, as per the serving size of the 'bold' flavor kind you can buy (I'm assuming it's close enough).

My days will involve coffee, fruit, veggies, chex mix, a fiber bar, yogurt, cheese, and a protein + veggies at dinner (fish tonight, and I have thick cut pork chops - that will be stuffed with spinach and pepper jack cheese - and chicken thawing for the next couple nights). Ice cream for dessert if it fits. That will leave enough room, calorie wise, for a slip or two because there's a lot of candy in this house.

I will also be posting here a lot if I feel my resolve slipping. Totally going to be over-using this thread over the next few days. I need to get some control back, and trying to wing it is not working very well.

Also, I've talked to my husband about getting an elliptical before it gets super cold outside because walking in the winter is not super feasible. It gets dark too early, and around here it gets too cold when the sun sets. I can put it in the basement, with my other fitness stuff. I'm down here enough that I'm sure it will get significant use. Especially if I put the timer on and just get up and do 10-15 minutes after sitting at the computer for a half hour.

Plans. I'm good at making them. Following through with them is usually the hard part, heh.

MissLoud 10-18-2014 08:00 PM

Lol yes I guess it is a little weird with our Christmas period being in summer - the even weirder thing is being a reasonably young country we still identify with our english roots so have all the things you are describing! Steamed pudding, turkey and all the heavy stuff it just means we can go out and play backyard cricket afterwards!

Hmm labour weekend this weekend coming away to our holiday home in fiordland, so fishing and tramping is in the cards. Also bbq and dreaded chip eating ... must....stay...on...track

FeraFilia 10-18-2014 11:38 PM

Okay.

Finished my day. Climbed the stairs 20 times. Only walked 2.3 miles. Stayed on plan with food. Drank all the water I'd planned, plus a bottle.

Time for bed, hopefully will do better with the walking tomorrow.

garnetrising 10-19-2014 12:22 AM

Congratulations Laurie!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so glad to finally have you hear.

I'm so sorry for not being able to get on as much lately. This last week feels like it has drained me completely. I would t have another full day off until next Friday.... So it'll have been almost 2 weeks. But the good news is that Thursday the 23rd is my last day at Home Depot. After much debate, it just feels best. Verizon can be a huge opportunity for me! And I plan to make the most of it... Got my first check from them today and it feels great. :)

The other night, I weighed between opening at Verizon and closing at Home Depot and was pleased to see 196. Feeling so good about that.

J and I have hung out since and it was nic. He's so busy and it seems like he's not, I am. Oh well. I did feel like I'd made a fool of myself AGAIN earlier this week for several reasons. We didn't talk for a few days and I'll be honest, I started to panic a little. It felt like every time I open up to a guy they pull away which, really, just made me realize that I am definitely falling. XD

Ended up caving today and shooting him a text. It was just a single message asking if they had done the visit at HD, but I will admit there was some relief when he replied. Sure it was just a message saying no and that it had been rescheduled but still. I also realizednthat we've talked nearly every day since September 23rd ... Explains why I was feeling a little lost. Lol. It's been so great being able to hold actual intelligent conversations again.

LaurieDawn 10-19-2014 11:50 AM

Jessica - WTG! You are working two jobs, trying to find time for the potential love of your life (Did I just too much pressure on that? Let me try again), trying to find time to enjoy spending some time with someone you enjoy, and continuing to make the weight control thing work. And you have done it. Although, opening at Verizon after closing at Home Depot certainly does illustrate why juggling two jobs is insane.

Mandy! - An on-plan day! Even though it sounds like you didn't quite hit your walking goal, you rocked it. You beat down that challenging smorgasbord of calories and regained your focus. Can't wait to hear about another successful day today!

I also have obstacles that are really tough for me. I remember deciding to give up sugar for two weeks because my addiction had gotten completely out of control. (Read: I would go to the store to buy candy, and literally shake when I was in line, then could not get through the parking lot to my car fast enough to open it and shove it in, so I opened and started eating it almost as soon as I hit the door.) I remember mourning sugar. I don't remember for sure, but I think I managed to quit it at least long enough to get past the shakes and the jonesing. It's the closest thing to drug/alcohol addiction I have ever experienced, and it was the worst. Giving up fall baking sounds like the same for you. Maybe you don't really have to give it up, though? I probably would have to, but you do much better than me with sweets in the house. It sounds like you enjoy sharing with people, and that sounds like you might need to eat with people to scratch that itch. But eating with people doesn't mean consuming a ton of calories. You can get too caught up in conversation to eat more than a small portion, and you can enjoy the compliments and the experience of seeing someone else enjoy what you've created. Just a thought.

MissLoud - BBQ and chips. Actually sounds kind of delicious. Hope your mom's not involved. =) But the fishing and tramping sounds wonderful. I love being in nature, and all that activity should offset a few additional calories, at least.

Toasted - I love reading your updates about the 5:2 IF. Can't wait to see if it has had good results for you. And as we all know, even if the exercise hasn't quite come yet, the scale is much more likely to respond positively to nutrition changes anyway. But you sound like you're much closer to getting the exercise on track! And that feels awesome!

Diane - I am dealing with the clothes frustration too. I put on my well-fitting "go-to" outfit because I wanted to look good today, but it's baggy and ill-fitting now. That's great news, but also a little depressing. I just don't want to spend money on clothes right now, even thrift shop clothes. But this is a good problem to have. And you will feel SO AWESOME when you finally get the husband-purchased outfit on!

Jenni - So excited that you heard back from your interview! Does 1 of 45 mean your current ranking? It can't, because you say later that you hope you're in the final 15, and it doesn't make sense for them to share those rankings this early in the process, right? But what does it mean? I'm dying to know!

Friday was 198.6. Yesterday was 199.0. This morning was 198.4. I am so grateful that, even with the bounciness, that first number is staying a "1." I know there's a good chance I will see a "2" again before I get well and truly away from that cusp, but I would love not having to see it.

I know this is ridiculous to say when I just finally broke through the 200 barrier that has eluded me for almost 2 years, but I really want to get to 190. For some reason, this is the number that makes me feel "normal." I'm still 10 pounds into the obese category at 190 on the BMI chart, but for what it's worth, my scale tells me I have less than 30% body fat now. A body fat chart I just pulled up on the all-knowing internets tells me that an "obese" body fat percentage for women is 32%+, with average at 25-31%, and fitness level at 21-24%. Athletes are 14-20%. With another 10 pounds off, even if a pound or so is muscle, that should push me down fairly low in the "average" category. Of course, my scale is probably not all that accurate. Still, I'm going to celebrate its declaration that my body fat percentage is "average."

FeraFilia 10-19-2014 12:44 PM

Good afternoon, all!

Hi Jessica!
Been missing your regular posts! I'm glad to hear things seem to be going fairly well for you and that the new job is working out. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you stay sane until the 23rd when you can actually start getting decent rest and some room to breathe. :)

Laurie - I will be getting my fix in a little bit here... There's trunk-or-treat coming up, so along with the candy, I'll probably make apple peanut butter cookies (http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/a...butter-cookies) for the adults that are standing around to snack on, or for those that aren't so much chocolate lovers... plus, there's a turkey dinner, and I've signed up to make a dessert for that (milky way poke cake) and a couple weeks after that there's a dessert silent auction where people will bid on your dessert and all proceeds go to one of the many MANY organizations the church supports, so I'll make a festive grasshopper cake for that because it's pretty. My family is coming to visit next weekend, too, so I'll probably make an apple cobbler for dessert to share with them. And IF I start getting the shakes and need to do something holiday baking related, I'm sure all I have to do is bake it and send it over to the church, and they'll separate it and take it on visits to shut ins. I'm not without outlets, I just had to find them!

OKAY.

I did a little dance this morning after church. I was down TWO POUNDS this morning, from yesterday. So, at 280.4, I'm just 0.6 up from my previous low. I wasn't expecting that, at least not until post-TOM, but we'll see how it plays out.

I've been told that a member of the congregation is bringing dinner over for us tonight or tomorrow night, and I have no clue what's involved with that, so I might just stick to chicken and let my hubby eat it, heh.

And now, I'm off to watch a movie with a bunch of middle and high schoolers and avoid all the junk that will be out and about for them to snack on.

ubergirl 10-19-2014 01:09 PM

Ladies,

Back soon for a more substantial post, but just checking in to confess that I'm once again coming off two bad days.

I'm so frustrated with myself, but I stepped on the scale this morning-- 252-- which is no doubt mostly water from the movie popcorn I ate last night.

I am going to have to radically change what I'm doing because what I'm doing is not working-- but I am focusing on maintaining and not giving up until I get it figured out.

More soon.

jenjenangel027 10-19-2014 01:39 PM

Laurie....no it doesn't mean current ranking. They are cutting the 45 down to 15 for interviews by next Friday! I am hoping to get an interview...although I get tongue tied in interviews...but this job really goes with all of my experience!

MissLoud 10-19-2014 03:59 PM

Ooh we're at 500 - I guess we'll move soon huh!

Wow another 2.8 pound this week! I know my happiness shouldn't be based on the numbers on the scales, but today with TOM lurking in the near future it is!! Omg I'm just so pleased I'm nearly at my first goal :carrot:

I am a little nervous though, I'm heading into scary territory. I got my first positive comment yesterday and I have lost and gained this same 20 pound for the last 2 years. I think my headspace is different this time though, so excuse me if I post here a bit!

Laurie - bbq and chips in a stunning surrounding is my type of heaven! Lol I will not feel guilty about it either (helped by my mother not being there) will do some tramping up hills to offset hopefully. My aim is to not put on anything.

Toasted - interested to know how IF goes for you, its what I do and I find it awesome. I count calories on the days I don't fast (most of the time)

FeraFilia 10-19-2014 05:28 PM

Yep! 500 is the "limit" so to speak, so I went ahead and started the new one:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...-relosing.html