Hello ladies

• evening all sorry i been a bit random in my appearances recently slight lack of machinary to get online. anyway i'm back with vengence and today started a new training regieme. well what it is my mate thought it would be funny to bet me a pint of beer i couldn't run the plymouth half marathon next year and the london marathon in 2005. so being me and not turning down bets i agreed. wish me luck. untill today i hadn't run in 3 years and last time i could only make a few hundred yards. so today i hit the treadmill you know that funny thing in the gym that looks like a up turned belt sander and can cause you just as much pain. well i did a mile uphill. (tip run with slight gradient to stop shin splints.) and did the mile in just over 9 mins. without stopping. so maybe its not gonna take as much work as i thought. well i'm gonna be around pretty much everyday from now on so get used to me
  • alright Si!

Welcome back on a regular basis. I think I would drop over dead if i tried to run a mile uphill.
  • Si, Glad to have you back!! How are things with your new lady? That's so great that you were able to run like that!! I can jog for 1-2 minutes at a time, but that's about it for me!
  • you're going through all this pain and stress for a PINT????? THAT'S ALL?????? good heavens!!!!! you're a cheap bet!!!!

but congrats for FINALLY showing up again [we missed you!] and even MORE congrats for running uphill!!!!!! i'm impressed!!!

as for the treadmill looking like a belt sander... darlin... my knowledge of tools extends to looking at them and running in the opposite direction!!!! i'm not a girlie girl in many respects, but there are a couple of things....