Old 09-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #121  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Seems like most of us are doing well or are at least on the right track!

I finally broke away from 195lbs and am not at 192.5 so I am definitely ready to get into the 180's by the end of September, maybe even by next weekend! I tend to lose 1-3lbs a week though so it's a total crapshoot whenever I try to plan ahead. :P

I am also looking forward to dropping a size in pants. My size 14 skinnies have been a little loosy goosy but I have been awfully broke these past couple of weeks so I've just been dealing with it.

Oh well eh? Tomorrow is PAYDAY though so maybe a new pair of pants are in my future? :P
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:25 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 278.8/194.3/145

Height: 5'7"

Congrats, Frances, on the loss and on moving into a new group!!

Walrus, congrats on your loss as well!!

I just won my 6-month DietBet with a weight of 195.4, which means I've lost 83.3 pounds in 6 months! I hope to lose half that in the next 6, as things have really slowed down. I wrote a blog post with lots of pictures, if you feel like checking it out: http://dreamingsmall1.blogspot.com/2.../6-months.html
DreamingSmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:14 AM   #123  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Frances congratulations!!! I don't think I'll be joining you soon in the 170s, but you never know. :P My goal is 179 by Halloween...so very happy for you!

walrus - Have fun shopping

DreamingSmall - wow, congrats on winning the diet bet! That is an amazing loss over 6 months! Your progress is amazing. Thanks for sharing the blog. I'll bet the money you won from the bet will be nice to put towards a new wardrobe.

I'm giggling a little bit today, as my boyfriend expressed frustrations with not being about to get under 200 pounds. I obsessed over it for MONTHS and he picked on me for it, but now he understands! I'm sitting at my low weight today of 186.8, which is really nice to see on my maintenance break! I haven't seen the 190s at all for a few weeks, but I do still enjoy posting here. Most of the folks who post in the 180s thread are actually in the 170s
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:35 PM   #124  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

thewalrus0 I too have to do a bunch more shopping. I am embracing it . I no longer feel out of place when I go to "skinny girl" stores, you know the ones that definitely do not participate in vanity sizing--and size 12 is like their max size .

DreamingSmall Love your blog! That is amazing progress in 6 months hun!

nonameslob Was amused by the story about your bf . I totally relate to how you felt about his griping. Anywho, I swear you don't give yourself enough credit for the progress you have made! You are not too far from the 170's, you will beat the 180's just like you beat the 190's .
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:41 PM   #125  
Lifestyle Changes

Hello all, TOM is here so the scale is on hold until next Saturday but I definitely fit into a size 10 pants at Old Navy!

Now, maybe they do a little vanity sizing but the fact is I wear their pants pretty exclusively so to be dropping sizes is still dropping sizes, but I don't know that I could go into any store and fit a size 10.

I also have the issue of being quite tall at 5'8 and most stores stop at regular length pants which tend to be just a little too short and look funny on me.

Anyways I got down to a lovely 192.5 and then started TOM so...just gonna focus on school, work, sleep and exercise this week.

Hope all is well with everyone else.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:17 PM   #126  

Walrus, it's so funny that, where you live, 5'8" is "quite tall". I noticed when I went to college (in California) that Utahns are a tall lot, and it seemed even more true when I was living on the East Coast. I'm 5'7" and was on the front row of my high school graduation pictures. Shortest girl in my whole family. Did you find pants that worked? I haven't had to shop yet, as I've got clothes in my closest down to a size 10 (not saying they're still in style, but they work), but back in the day, Express had lots of longer pants that I really loved.

MarliQ, that's great that you don't feel out of place in "skinny" stores! On some days, I feel thin(ish), but on most days, I still think I'm 279 pounds. Such a mindf*ck, this whole body image thing.

NoName, please keep hanging out here! And that's pretty funny about your boyfriend. So quick to mock, so quick to suffer.

I'm doing pretty well. I started Body Revolution on Sunday, so the next 3 months should (I hope!) show some nice changes in my body. I have a son with special needs who cannot walk (YET!), so I need as much functional strength as possible. I love Jillian workouts for that, combining all the bending, lifting, cardio stuff into one move, as that's what my life is like. (In fact, it's why, despite being so heavy, I was never truly "suffering"--I could always do all the tasks that needed getting done. But it's much easier now!)
Old 09-23-2014, 09:22 AM   #127  
Call me NNS!

Marli oh I am jealous! I'm not quite into the skinny girl stores yet :P Soon enough... I don't think I would know what to do with myself! I've never, as an adult, been able to shop at those stores! I think I will need you ladies for fashion advice when I get to that point LOL

walrus Hey doesn't matter if you're not a size 10 in other places, at least you know you're doing down in size! I've always thought Old Navy runs big but other people tell me it runs small so who knows! Do they have the length you need at Old Navy?

DreamingSmall
I'm 5'5, and everywhere I've lived (East Coast, mountains...), I've felt average. Well, I am average! I guess it's all how we perceive ourselves. I can't imagine the average height in an area varies too much throughout the country? Except maybe in LA where there's tons of models LOL

Went on a long, hard backpacking trip this weekend. I had to take off yesterday because I could hardly move. Still struggling with the stairs! Looking at my email this morning, I'm kind of regretting it... I also could NOT stop eating yesterday when I was home. I was so so so hungry. The scale showed it this morning, but I'm choosing not to write it down because I know it's bloat lol

This is week two of my diet break, anyway. I've gotta write down a plan for meals this week so that I don't get out of control. Boyfriend's birthday is Friday so we will definitely be having a splurge meal. He wants pumpkin pie instead of a cake and I will either buy some nice steaks or make chicken parmesan.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:36 PM   #128  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

nonameslob Ha! I will definitely be right there for you with the fashion part. I am re-learning to dress my body, because my shape has somewhat switched up on me. I was never an hour glass, which I think is pretty much a shape that once you have you stick with, but instead somewhere between an apple and what a celery stick??? My strange body shape has thinned out and is as boyish as I figured it would be. I am already back to padded bras, because it is a sight to see when I lay on my back .

Last edited by MarliQQ; 09-23-2014 at 12:38 PM.
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:40 PM   #129  
Lifestyle Changes

@ dreamingsmall - Haha, yes here in Alaska it's pretty tall. Almost every girl I know is 5'5 or under.

@Nonameslob - They have a perfect length for me at Old Navy. I do suspect they run big probably compared to stores that cater to younger, fitter folks, like American Eagle and such. (Do I sound old? I'm 23!! :P ) I do look forward to shopping at stores like that more often though. The thing is, I'm not only overweight but broke! Old Navy is cheap and effective, although maybe not stocked with many fashion choices.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #130  
Call me NNS!

walrus You are a baby!!! (I'm just 27 myself, always hard to tell how old someone is on here!) I feel you though, AE and similar stores seem to be for teenagers :P Although I do have a sweater from there that I bought in college, I'm excited that it fits this year!
Old 09-27-2014, 02:03 PM   #131  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Ready to be back! After having my son and now starting school, I'm ready to lose this baby weight. (:

197.4 lbs (9/27/14)
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:50 PM   #132  
Lifestyle Changes

Hi all, I'm fitting into size 10 'relaxed' fit type pants so that's cool.

I have broken up with clothes sizes though. I officially don't care. Large, extra large, small, size 10, size 14...they absolutely only matter per store and has nothing to do with the amount of fabric you have wrapped around your body!

Today I am 192lbs which is really great for me. I need to back away from the scale though. Before when I was losing about 4lbs a week then weighing everyday was pretty exciting. Now I just feel like I am staring at the same numbers all the time, even though my overall weight is going down!

So I'm committing to weighing at MOST twice a week, once on Thursday and once on Saturday. I dunno I just like those days. :P

I am looking forward to the 180's, I really really am. I think this year is going to be hard because I'm losing the last of the weight but also with every 10lbs lost I am looking at numbers just one year ago I would've sold an arm to see on the scale.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:50 PM   #133  

Walrus, CONGRATS on the size 10!! Incredible! I hear you on the 180s and also on the difficulty these smaller numbers present. It's such a mental thing, this weight loss journey. (I weight daily, unapologetically. It keeps me on track.)

Ciao, welcome back! How old is your son? I've got twin 2.5 year olds and a 6-month baby, all boys.

MarliQ, I never really knew how to dress myself in the first place! But it is surprising sometimes what does and doesn't flatter.

NoNameSlob, how's your break going?

I'm doing ok. I had secretly hoped to be out of the "obese" category on the BMI (191 pounds) by the end of September. That's not going to happen. Oh well...time will pass anyway, whether I'm obese or not.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:02 AM   #134  
Call me NNS!

Welcome back Ciao!

Walrus Wow, size 10...almost 180s...over 100 pounds lost? I'm just in awe every time I look at your stats. Really, really awesome. I hope weighing twice a week helps keep your head on straight!

DreamingSmall Twins and a baby! Must be a busy household I can relate on the obese category. My goal is to get out by Halloween (179 for me), but I think it's going to take a little longer than that. However, it was originally my year-end goal, so in reality I'm doing well! You'll get there soon!

Maintenance break went well, but I was so happy to be back to my plan yesterday. This is going to need to be a very strict month to hit my goals, and I'm really really motivated to get back to losing. I haven't really lost anything in the last 2-3 months between a plateau and my maintenance break (which will hopefully kickstart losing again). Of course, I already forgot that we are going out to dinner for my bf's birthday with his parents tonight, but hopefully I can still find time to go to the gym!
Old 10-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Up Down Up Down. I am on a see-saw. My ticker lies. I am 196, but I was up to 197, so there IS improvement.

Dreamiing Small, I love your pictures. You have done a great job!

By the way, I'm old enough to be a grandmother to all of you. LOL But I feel young!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 10-02-2014 at 08:47 AM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote