I am overweight! aka No longer obese

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Guess who's in the overweight BMI category!

I've always thought these categories were a tad artificial... So, colour me very surprised at how happy I've found myself to be "overweight"! LOL It's a little unexpected but I feel totally warrants celebration!

Stats: 117.8 lbs lost as of today, 38.2 left to go!
    BMI: 29.7

It's been almost a week, and it still feels a bit surreal, even more than onederland did!

I just wanted to share this great news!
  • Congrats!!!!
  • Congratulations!!!! Fantastic achievement.

I would be thankful for any wisdom you might have for those of us who are struggling.
  • That's awesome! Congrats!

It's my goal to be overweight (191 or less) by my birthday (Oct 20). Sounds funny, but I'm kicking obese to the curb!
  • Congratulations! I can't wait to hit both Onderland and the Overweight thresholds myself. You're doing awesome!
  • Congratulations! That is awesome progress. I can't wait to get to that point
  • That's so exciting! I'm looking forward to Onederland, first and then overweight sounds like a dream come true! Congrats!
  • Congratulations on getting to "overweight"!! (File that under "things you'll read on weight loss site that sound insulting but are actually complimentary")
  • Rockstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrat's.....
  • Wow! That's so cool! You are an inspiration!
  • I just wish there was a LIKE button on here!! Congrats! I am 2 pounds away from that anouncement!
  • Donna, another new and beautiful picture! Looks good.

Beloved Spirit, congratulations. I am in awe of those of you who have lost so much weight! That's a wonderful accomplishment!
  • Congrats! That is great.
  • Wow you have come such a long way!
    I felt the same, that it doesn't actually mean much if the BMI chart defines me as "overweight" rather than "obese," and yet I found myself SUPER excited to reach that point...Congratulations!!
  • Thank you very much, everyone!! Your encouragement is awesome!

Quote: Congratulations!!!! Fantastic achievement.

I would be thankful for any wisdom you might have for those of us who are struggling.
    CeeJay, if there's one thing I could say it's to keep trying. Don't ever give up. Whether it's going at it day to day, deciding to get back on as soon as you fall off the wagon so to speak, or facing a plateau... Keep at it and you WILL see changes! Also, it took me a really long time but I realized there were only two options I felt happy with: losing weight or maintaining my weight loss. I never gave a single thought to maintenance in the past, which is probably how I gained all of this weight. I had never made maintaining my weight a priority. Now, I have 2 states: I'm either losing weight or I'm maintaining it. I actively strive for either, so my weight isn't something that just kind of happens or creeps up on me. I'm not super vigilant about it, but enough to keep an eye on it and make it a priority in my life. This is even the case if I've fallen off the wagon. I let myself gain a couple of pounds (if that), then I reign it in. I hope that helps! Best of luck with your goals.. you can do it!!

Quote: That's awesome! Congrats!

It's my goal to be overweight (191 or less) by my birthday (Oct 20). Sounds funny, but I'm kicking obese to the curb!
    Yay!

Quote: Congratulations! I can't wait to hit both Onderland and the Overweight thresholds myself. You're doing awesome!
    Thanks! Good luck!

Quote: Congratulations! That is awesome progress. I can't wait to get to that point
    Thanks! Best of luck!

Quote: That's so exciting! I'm looking forward to Onederland, first and then overweight sounds like a dream come true! Congrats!
    Thanks! I'll be honest.. it's pretty darn awesome. Good luck! You can do it!!

Quote: Wow! That's so cool! You are an inspiration!
    Wow, thank you so much! It's the first time I've been called an inspiration... I feel touched.

Quote: I just wish there was a LIKE button on here!! Congrats! I am 2 pounds away from that anouncement!
    Thanks! GOOD LUCK!!!!