Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 03:07 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 231.2/210.7/187

Height: 5ft8

Smile

hi all

the weather is warming up nicely here, hoping to get a walk in later. scale being very stubborn and not moving.

still very positive about this program.

can you combine programs? do a LCHF and 16:8?
Old 08-07-2014, 09:26 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Morning y'all

Slight gain, up 0.2 to 194.2. Going to focus on getting in my water today.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #48  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Checking in...2nd time since Monday; that's progress for me! Have not been on any plan (food or exercise) this week. Eating relatively light during the day but too many carbs at night. Have been away from a scale so no weigh ins.

Kukkie, water is my focus today too. I'm backed up for some reason so going to try and flush everything out!

papercut, good job on the walking! Glad you're safe from the earthquake!

Lindifer, welcome!!! Congrats on starting and good luck on your journey! Water weight is always the best at first - gets those numbers down quickly so it really helps to motivate you to keep going.

jen, good plan. I replaced my scale when it started going crazy too. The new one was much better and consistently reliable!

patchwork, that's got to be tough for sure having the first walk without her. Congrats on the HIIT. I tried it once and about died! So amazing that people can do that consistently. I'm always amazed

Chelainabear, yeah that's definitely 1 way to get weened off sodas. My body wasn't going to be that friendly to me - it acquired the taste of diet soda pretty quickly when it saw regular wasn't coming back lol.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone just want to say great job and keep it up!!!! We got this!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:44 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 276/260.6/145

Height: 5'5"

I finally had a loss again! It felt like that scale hadn't budged in the right direction all week, but I'm down to 261.

Started a new anti-depression med and I have been feeling really off, so I hope that clears up and I can get back on track.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:37 AM   #51  

hi al

My scale finally listened to all my beging lol starting weight 231.44lb todays weight 224.84 I am so excited. The wind is blowing so hard now will get "resistence" training in with my walk today

How is everyone doing?

We are having a "drive in" party @ the farm for all the kids in the area so am super stoked about that. Good to see everyone again, will just have to be very strong
Old 08-08-2014, 08:15 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Morning Happy Friday

I am down 0.9 to 193.3. We are having another dance rehearsal at work this afternoon, so yay for my cardio workout. Will have to be really good this weekend.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:44 AM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukkie84 View Post
Morning Happy Friday

I am down 0.9 to 193.3. We are having another dance rehearsal at work this afternoon, so yay for my cardio workout. Will have to be really good this weekend.
That is awesome well done, you must be so happy
Old 08-08-2014, 12:31 PM   #54  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

I've been on a "staycation" at a local winery since Wed -- leaving on Sun! Much needed. I've been doing about 30 min walking and 30 min pool exercises every morning to keep my weight under control. We'll see at the weigh in on Monday! I'm only asking to still be in the 230's and I can work with that! :-)
Old 08-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #55  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

My weird knee is acting up since I did the yoga workouts earlier in the week, but it seems to be better today so I'm planning on another Eoin tomorrow. My legs were sore yesterday also.

But I seem to have somehow managed to lose 5lbs. Yay Me! My Hubby is strictly a "meat and potatoes" guy but he will occasionally put up with a veggie meal. Today I fixed half cauliflower half mashed potatoes. I suspected he wouldn't like it but he said it was OK. It reminded him of spaghetti squash and 'could we have that soon?". I was surprised. There was a lot of garlic and butter involved however.

Kelly, I do a low-impact version of the HIIT DVD. I'm actually a big klutz so just focusing on one exercise at a time makes my workout easier.

JenJen, hope the new scale is more obedient than the last.

LGW, your staycation sounds wonderful
Old 08-09-2014, 07:39 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/170

This turned into a crazy busy week that I hadn't anticipated to be so busy. My exercise was low but my food intake was decent, until yesterday. Hubby suggested we go out to eat, which was great, but while I voted for a place I could get something like fish and salad, he talked me into (it wasn't hard) our favorite pizza place. I had 2 slices (I could have eaten twice that easily) and salad. I hope that it won't ruin my opportunity to see a loss on Tues.

Next week shouldn't be so busy, so hopefully I will be back on track with exercise and checking in here. I need BOTH of those elements to help me get out of the 220s for good!
Old 08-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #57  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Wow, look at all the losses this week! Way to go ladies!! Very inspiring and lots of hard work being done!

Chelainabear, good luck with the new meds. You can conquer them I hate feeling off, whether it's due to a new med, or due to work/family/life...I just want to wake up happy and raring to go! But we all hit the peaks and valleys unfortunately! Stay here; we will cheer you on!

papercut, a drive in party sounds really fun! I will check the weather channel to see if any crazy gail force winds are being reported over there in your neck of the woods haha congrats!

Kukkie, congrats girl!! I know you enjoy those losses. Yay for cardio! I need to get my butt back in the gym.

LGW, nice! I cracked up at the image of a staycation at a winery. Envisioning you sitting there in the wine cellar and just drinking the wine for 4 days straight. With the way work is going, that sounds like a dream vacation right now!!!

patchwork, wow great loss!! Glad the hubby is coming around to partially healthy food groups, lol. That is pretty impressive for him asking for spaghetti squash. I love that stuff!

Sarah, yes I need to follow your plan too. Crazy month at work pretty much derailed me and my plans and motivations. I was exhausted by the time I left the office at 7:30pm every night, so I set my alarm for 6am and only 1 day was I able to pull myself out of bed and workout. So...need to find a way to calm down the work stress and add in the cardio. When I do cardio, I am less likely to eat bad foods, so need to get this formula worked out!

As for me, not the best week - no cardio and made awful choices in the evenings. However, still lost 1 pound for the week. Not going to ask questions; just thanking my lucky stars it wasn't a 5 pound gain like I thought! Going to take the loss and run with it this week!!
Old 08-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #58  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

akelly - your vision is correct LOL
It's a resort/spa at a winery! I've been tasting wines and drinking mimosas by the pool! BUT...I've been at the pool EVERY morning at 7AM when it opens to walk laps and I've walked the last 3 mornings. I did walking laps in the pool for 1 hour this morning -- continuous with no breaks. I can't really swim, so I just walk the length of the pool. :-)
Old 08-09-2014, 04:07 PM   #59  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I did 40-min of yoga today. Lets hope my weird knee takes it in stride. Ha Ha.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:19 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/170

Akelly--congrats on losing that pound, especially in light of thinking you'd gain. Cardio is the trick for me...if I exercise, I eat so much better. Let's aim for a week of good cardio and good food. But I feel your pain about exercising at 6AM. I'm a morning person, but not for exercise that early. I hope you have some time later in the day.

LGW--a resort/spa at a winery! That's brilliant. And good for you for fitting in exercise. Walking laps for an hour!! That's great. It should burn off a glass or two of wine.

Penguin--I hope the knee is happy. Good job with the yoga. I love yoga, but never seem to make the time for it.

After eating pizza for dinner on Friday, I was smart at lunch on Saturday. I told hubby before we ate that he could have both left over pieces. I knew if I heated them up first, I wouldn't have been so generous after smelling it cook! I had a salad instead. If I don't do anything stupid between now and Tues morning, I think I'll show a loss. I hope!
Closed Thread