glad I am back

• Hi I am just restarting this and realized things have just got too out of hand lately with my eating. I had lost 70 lbs then gained it back and then some when I quit smoking. I am trying this and vowing not to start smoking again, and thinking of joining a gym. It is tough as I am going through a divorce and money is tight. still eggs are my friend!! so here I am hoping for support becaused it is so hard restarting what you have done already. I am hoping for support because I need to stick to it this time.
  • Welcome back! Good for you for re-starting, but I must admit that having lost weight and gained it all back plus some myself, it is hard to start all over again. All the best to you!
  • thanks I am doing laundry and watching extreem weight loss today and may joing the gym tonight, but not sure
  • It is tough to make the decision to come back after a regain.

I lost 50, gained 80... and am now back down 30 to where I started the last time.

Kudos to you for owning up to it, instead of living in denial (like I did for a long time) and recommitting to the weight loss. Welcome back, and good luck!
  • thanks guys I a, commited to do this, and lose a size before my birthday at the end of next month!
  • Welcome back to 3FC! If you find yourself looking for somewhere to check in regularly, we do have a regainer's thread that is very active and full of some incredibly awesome ladies to help share your journey.
  • Welcome back...if you can, join the gym...I did this year at the YMCA and it's been the best decision I've made in my weight loss journey!
  • thanks sweetcakes and garnetrising, day 2 is going good so far, consumed 500 calories so far. looking to add some proteing for dinner, cherries are really cheap in calories and I bought some today yes been thinking of a gym, cash is low now though
  • There are a lot of strength training exercises you can do without having to go to a gym. Personally, I am a die-hard plank fan. There are several variations that you can do which will work a variety of muscles. In the event that you'd like to add in weights and you still don't have the budget for a gym - something I can relate to, btw - you can usually pick up free weights from somewhere like Wal-mart for about $1 per pound. (So a 10 lb weight for about $10.) If you have access to free swimming, it's also something I'd highly recommend, especially for easing yourself back into workouts. You don't have to do a lot to reap benefits from it and you have the option of making it a fun family affair if that applies.
  • U can find workouts on you tube as well...that's where I found my Tai chi workout...I love it...it's only 8 minutes and its free