3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Off Topic...I Am Getting Married!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/29763-off-topic-i-am-getting-married.html)

Chibit 07-25-2003 11:46 AM

Off Topic...I Am Getting Married!!!!

I don't believe I have ever sahred my story with you ladies AND gents.

My husband walked out in the middle of the night on our 8 month old son and myself. That was January of 2002. I have been divorced almost a year and he is not the nicest person. I have full custody of our son and Dan (my ex) sees Alex maybe once a month...if that.

I joined an online Christian singles dating service and met a guy named Scott on there. He is a wonderful man of God and meets all of the "criteria" that I had set forth when looking for a mate. We met and it was only confirmed that this is totally right…he proposed and I acceptedJ

He lives in Carmel, CA, but not after tonight. He packed up and is moving down here...he begins his 11-hour trek tonight and will be with Alex and me by this time tomorrow morning!!!!

We plan on getting married in October...late part. Since I am a little hippie, we are getting married in the park....me bare foot with an old vintage style dress, with flowers in my hair;)

Just thought I would share my awesome news!!!!!

Here is a pic of the wedding dress I found
http://store4.yimg.com/I/metrofashio...l_1746_2661091

Inca's Momma 07-25-2003 11:53 AM

WOOOOHOOOO CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you. Amazing the way things work out sometimes but I am thrilled for you.

rochemist 07-25-2003 12:20 PM

Beautiful dress! Congratulations and much luck lady!

Miss Chris

jiffypop 07-25-2003 01:11 PM

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! this is a fabulous, incredible story!!!! can't wait to read about the blow-by-blow leading up to the DAY!!!! and now, for the ever-practical question [sorry, i can't help it!]: DOES HE HAVE A JOB????????

jkfla 07-25-2003 01:35 PM

congratulations!!! and i love the dress and the idea of getting married in the park. i always wanted to get married in the park too but i dont see that ever happening. LOL

i wish you guys the best!

Sandi 07-25-2003 01:37 PM

Congratulations!!! Getting married is soooo exciting!

Your dress is just beautiful!!

Sheila53 07-25-2003 02:11 PM

Congratulations! What an incredible wedding dress--you will look beautiful in it. Love the idea of getting married in the park.

Jennelle 07-25-2003 02:27 PM

Congratulations! I love your wedding dress...it has a very heirloom quality to it. Now you two just have to have a daughter to pass it down to :)

gonzostar 07-25-2003 03:58 PM

that is a wonderful dress. how fabulous for you! i want to hear a step-by-step too!!

i can't wait till it's my time. it will be a few years, we want to be a little older, a little more settled. and i'm going to get married on the beach! with a white bikini, baby! ha ha ha.

karefree2 07-25-2003 04:26 PM

Your dress is absolutely gorgeous! So glad that you and your son will be starting over with someone who will appreciate you both. I hope the 3 of you will have a wonderful life together.

dowsx4 07-25-2003 06:03 PM

Congradulations! I hope you have a beautiful wedding and i cant wait to see some pictures and hear of all you plans!

Raelynn 07-25-2003 06:54 PM

I'm so happy for you Chibi! When will I meet an awesome guy? lol

Chibit 07-26-2003 01:45 AM

Thanks for all the well wishes:)

Ok...no..he does not have a job...YET! He does have an interview lined up already though for Monday morning with a very large call center.

His trade is actually in linguistics. He was in the Air Force for 9 years as a translator. He worked in the intelligence field...deciphering communications and what have you. In Carmel he was working for a center that provides translators as a service. He speaks Russian, Chinese and Latin...some Spanish, but not enough to translate.

After the military he worked in a call center...was a manager actually, so I think he has a pretty awesome chance at this job! If not, then he is a number cruncher like me...he will find a job with no problem

Oh RaeBee....you're gonna find him sweetie...I just KNOW you will! You are too special of a lady NOT to!!!!

Raelynn 07-26-2003 02:10 AM

Thanks Shrimpie. :goodvibes:

SuchAPrettyFace 07-26-2003 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gonzostar
and i'm going to get married on the beach! with a white bikini, baby! ha ha ha.
Just like Pamela Anderson!

Congrats, Chibit!!