3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Let's Sparkle and Shine - July 2014 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/297371-lets-sparkle-shine-july-2014-daily-check-accountability-thread.html)

love2b150 07-13-2014 07:08 PM

Sarah, Great NSV with the ice cream :high: I was down .4 today so I guess it counts for something :) I didn't do so well today. I started out great and then my skinny daughter came over wanting everything so we went to the store so she could get cookies to bake. In line I picked up a 1oz bag of sour cream and onion chips, a Reeces peanut butter cup pack. smh. The 5:2 only works sometimes for me. I mess up more than I do right but that's with any diet/eating plan ;)

Welcome back Jude :) You did well while away and :congrat: on being so close to the next decade :high:

I went to the gym today, burned 752 calories did 6.13 miles in 97 minutes on the treadmill. So I did something hope I didn't mess it up. :crossed:

Sarah2468 07-14-2014 07:02 AM

Jude--wow! Great job on vacation. Those 170s will be yours soon!
Rennie--I assume your daughter knows that you are trying to lose weight, right? Can you ask her to take her skinny self home to her house for cookies and such? :) But good job at the gym! Great recovery for a higher calorie day. I hope the weigh in goes okay!

My day yesterday went well, so that's 3 in a row that I'm happy with. If I don't mess today up, I should have a good weigh in tomorrow. Right now I'm hovering at 220, so maybe even out of the 20s and into the teens. Keeping fingers crossed (or better yet, fingers out of the cookie jar, so to speak!).

lotsakids 07-14-2014 07:28 AM

7/8 - 181 Walked outside 5 miles
7/9 - 181 5 miles outside
7/10 180.2 5 miles outside
7/11 179.6 5 miles outside
7/12 179.6 5 miles outside
7/14 180.2 as always Monday is not my friend :( tubing trip yesterday, I did not sit in a tube though! I used my boogie board and kicked my way down the river. So much fun. Today will be a walk inside either on the treadmill or with Leslie Sansone.

Kukkie84 07-14-2014 07:59 AM

Bahhh, not the greatest weekend on my end. Major ups and downs - all self-inflicted eating related. Though when I weighed in this morning, I'm actually the same as Friday, so I'm taking that as my "brush it off, forget about it and go get 'em". Have lunch and snacks today and I'm going to make it a point to drink my 2 L of water!

lili8184 07-14-2014 08:03 AM

Hi all, I'm back to posting now- TOM only took an additional .4 with it, but I am happy at least I did not gain since I had a bad, bad weekend! Friday- Orioles Baseball game and had chesapeake fries- then had dinner with friends Saturday, although I chose a light dinner option, it also included that God forsaken crab dip with bread, and several drinks! Then yesterday I had lunch with more friends and though I had a cobb salad (which isn't the best nor the worst choice I guess) I also had some bruschetta, so more bread! Ugh! I have been staying away from bread for quite a while, and now I totally binge- darn TOM, lol!!! Anywho, I have decided to really buckle down from now until vacation (Aug 8)- so gym daily, even if just for a brisk treadmill walk (it's been too hot to walk outside). I want to have lost 25 lbs total by then- which is 9 more pounds- I can do it! Have a great day all!

jollyjude 07-14-2014 11:11 AM

Hi everyone!
Well, back home and back on track and feeling the difference. I feel so good and so strong, and saw a new second number on the scale today - 179.6:carrot:

Lilli - I avoid bread like the plague, if I have one piece I will not stop, - especially artisan style breads.
However, I do enjoy baking bread, and do so, but limit myself to the heavenly smell as it comes out of the oven, and I have 3 grown kids that happily take it off my hands!

Rennie - Awesome job at the gym!
My daughter is a chef, and I have to be so strong when I go to her place, as there is always a push to eat something delicious. She means well, but NO THANK YOU!!

Have a good day

love2b150 07-14-2014 09:02 PM

Thanks Sarah :) LOL she knows :D but when it's convenient for Mommy to get or fix something she quickly forgets ;) One day she's saying, Mom don't eat that! The next she's saying a little bit won't hurt!, smh :) I only came down .6 to 160. So not where I wanted to be. Hope you have a great weigh in tomorrow :crossed:

Donna sounds like loads of fun tubing and the boogie board :) Just a little sodium it'll be gone quickly :)

Kukkie I think weighing the same today as Friday is great. I would rather maintain through the weekend for sure :) Hope you had a good day today and got all of your water in :)

Lili, you can do it :high: bread is my enemy also, ha really anything with flour starts a mess for sure, smh.

Thanks Jude :) oh my goodness I am grateful that I don't have any great cooks around me ;) I would be a mess for sure. :congrat: on the new number, keep up the great work :high:

CONFESSION -- I am binging more often than NOT. I don't know what to do to stop. I don't want to give up but I am at a point where honestly recording/logging my food and seeing nothing but junk isn't helping. Today was a disaster.

my son forgot to weigh in and I am up two pounds from last week

15lb Challenge

Mom
07/01 ~ 159.4
07/07 ~ 158.0 (-1.0)
07/14 ~ 160.0 (+2.0)

Son
07/01 ~ 242.6
07/07 ~ 242.2 (-0.4) his ticker won't show a change
07/14 ~ ???.? he forgot so he says ;)

Sarah2468 07-14-2014 10:51 PM

Rennie--Sorry it's so frustrating for you right now. I so know that feeling...most of us probably do. Just know that if you give up, it will only be worse. I'm happy to help in any way I can...we can check in with each other more often if you like. We can do another just for today commitment. Whatever you think would help to get you back on track. I find that getting a few good days in a row helps a lot. Also, didn't you start your new job today? Maybe you have been stressing about that some? Did it go okay?

I took my dog for a walk today and he was just not into it. He's old and it was hot and he was slow. I considered stopping after he gave up, but instead I went on the treadmill for 15 more minutes. Weight Day tomorrow, so I'm glad I pushed myself.

lotsakids 07-15-2014 09:17 AM

7/14 180.2 walked 5 miles outside
7/15 179.8 - walked outside 5 miles. (I'm at 735/1000 for 2014!)

lots to do today. A friend called me last night and she is selling her trailor in order to move with her husband to his base when he is done with training. She and her 4 kids will be staying here in the interim - anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 weeks. Got to clear out a room and get ready for littles to land here.

lili8184 07-15-2014 09:46 AM

Morning all- down 1.2 today, finally back on track after TOM, where fortunately even after my many missteps, I did not gain anything... phew! I know I had to be way under calories yesterday- but I was not feeling like I needed more, so I didn't eat anything more. I had a yogurt, some strawberries and blueberries for breakfast, hummus and half a whole wheat pita for snack, a Smart One for lunch at work, and... roasted asparagus for dinner. lol. I really wanted it and didn't feel hungry for anything else oddly enough. That was probably "dangerously low" calorie intake and I recognize that, but what to do when you just don't want to eat??? Its like night and day from my old self just a few months back!

Jude- I am the same way- any french or italian style breads... not really sandwich bread. These were yummy little toasted (and buttered- my god) rounds of french bread. Yum. I need to just stay home! lol

love2b150- you will get it back under control, we all go through that... obviously... after my weekend! lol! To break the cycle I usually start my day with fresh fruit and tons of water and keep mentally reminding myself of why I am doing this (my health, my family, myself) and off to the gym I go after work :)

LGW 07-15-2014 01:30 PM

Family was here for the weekend! I made some healthy and not-so-healthy choices.

only 0.1 gain....phew!!!

We went walking and bike riding at Santa Monica Sunday morning, I walked 5 miles at the park last night and also supplemented with 2 protein shakes yesterday which I'm sure helped my recovery!

Rennie -- try to binge out on the healthy! When I get weird cravings, I have lobster tails or go to one of my favorite restaurant and make my favorite dish healthy (i.e., sizzling chicken with broccoli instead of mashed potatoes)! I've also learned to drink plenty of my tea (I drink Herbal Life tea) or Crystal Light when I get hungry. I don't do so well with drinking plain water. Getting hungry is normal...we're just not used to it! :-)

jollyjude 07-15-2014 02:23 PM

Down 1.6 today to 178.0!!
Yesterday was not friendly to me - I fell up the stairs and hurt my pride, then I went to the dentist and got 2/3 of a root canal done, and after 2 hrs. in the chair there, was told I will have to go to an endodontist to get the rest of it done. So I get to do it all again:(
I think that may have contributed to my weight loss as my mouth is very sore at the back, and I really can't chew anything, so I didn't eat much.

LGW - Bike riding, hmmm, maybe I will dig my bike out of the garage - I really enjoy it, but have been ignoring it lately.

Lili - Yumm asparagus - I know a certain 4 year old that will sit down and eat nothing but asparagus if she has the chance. We do it in the actifry, so very low fat

Sarah2468 07-15-2014 03:18 PM

Weigh in this morning was down 3 to 220. So for 6 weeks, I'm down 7 lbs. Of course I wish it were a bit more over the 6 weeks, but I'm glad for the 7 lbs down. I already exercised this morning, so I'm happy with myself about that.

Kukkie84 07-16-2014 09:14 AM

Morning y'all :coffee2:

I am down 0.4 to 194.7. Have some family here from Germany; they're staying with my parents but I took the day off from work yesterday to hang out with them. We did a walking tour of downtown Toronto with me as a guide; so five hours of walking. I wish the scale reflected more of a loss, but I'm assuming my muscles are holding on to some extra water because I am SORE and tired. Also didn't get enough sleep last night. Sigh.

Hope everyone is doing well; haven't had a chance to catch up on reading/personals as I need to catch up on my work email first :( Talk soon! I miss chatting, I'm starting to feel like this is more of my diary logs than a conversation with you all.

lotsakids 07-16-2014 01:32 PM

7/14 180.2 walked 5 miles outside
7/15 179.8 - walked outside 5 miles.
7/16 179.4 - walked outside 5 miles