3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Let's Sparkle and Shine - July 2014 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/297371-lets-sparkle-shine-july-2014-daily-check-accountability-thread.html)

lotsakids 07-08-2014 08:58 PM

I was out of town all last week without a scale in sight but I'm back (with a lot of laundry to to do...) and found this thread.

7/8 - 181 Walked outside 5 miles.

akelly728 07-08-2014 11:35 PM

Lost half a pound from last week to this week which is good considering I only worked out once and ate bad several days over the holidays. I'll take it! I ate bad last night but worked hard today to stay on plan and I jogged 1.5 miles in this Dallas heat. Walked a total of 2.2 but could only keep the jog/run up for 1.5. I treated my body poorly yesterday with junk food and little sleep (working into the wee hours right now ugh) so I am not shocked at how the body just gave out after 1.5 miles. Serves me right.

Kukkie, man I hate that sluggish feeling the next day after a binge. I hear you...get mad and take the frustrations out on the pavement or weights...or strawberries. Pop those bad boys lol. You and me and shoot, everyone here all bounce right back on track - so I know you'll get those pounds off. Probably a good chunk of water weight/sodium retention.

LGW, girl I agree!! I have never been OK with my weight, and even to this day in real life I have a hard time admitting my gains to myself. But on here, I log on and read the posts in this thread and just feel so moved to air my laundry, get a reality check, and get back my focus. Such a great place to have you guys :)

lili, sooo when I am on plan and working my tail off, the slow (or no) movements on the scale infuriate me!! I almost talk myself into jogging half a mile just so I can come back and re-weigh just to see a .2 loss, lol. But, I know I must keep my focus and give my body a rest because the muscles are gaining mass, the fat is shrinking, and I tell myself the muscles are growing faster than the fat shrinks so there won't be a net loss until I burn more fat ;)

Rennie, I need that dust, thank you! I need will power for eating on plan, working out, AND getting my massive pile of work done on time and without too many murders or beatings of my coworkers, LOL. Hope you and your family are doing well :) I think about you and this thread once a day and mentally check in, but often times I just don't find that 10 mins to sit down and have "me" time to surf and post.

All of you wonder women with kids and jobs are just my heroes. I can't find "me" time and I don't have kids. Bless you all!

lotsakids, welcome back!! Getting back to reality stinks and laundry/bills always seem to be the first in the long welcome back committee!

Sarah2468 07-09-2014 07:35 AM

I ended up down one pound after the holiday weekend, so that's good. If I hadn't lost control on that last day of festivities, it would have been better, but I'll take it I guess. I just wish I could have one full week when I wasn't disappointed in myself at some point for my choices. Maybe Rennie's willpower dust will work for this week! It sounds like we all had some issues last week. Here's to a week of good eating and great exercise.

Kukkie84 07-09-2014 08:08 AM

aKelly great to see you! And I hear you on the not having "me time". Finding it really hard to carve it out between husband, baby, home and career. I've been trying to make it a point to do a quick check in on here before I open my emails, because otherwise I'd be consumed and never online :) - totally get it.

:wave: everyone!

Down 0.3 to 195.3 - not quite the loss I wanted to see, but a loss nonetheless, so I'll take it. Hubby's schedule got shifted around for the next two weeks because of some idiot's mistake, but he made it work in our favour. So I'm now only taking the bus home with Peanut after work/daycare. He's going to drop us off in the morning. And bonus, while I was feeding Peanut breakfast this morning, hubby made me a nice big salad for lunch. Yay him and me. I have a plan for food today.

Hope you all have a great OP day.

love2b150 07-09-2014 12:03 PM

akelly, good to see you back :hug: Family's well thanks for thinking of us :) I declare you and your traveling/work and Kukkie and her work/family you two have got to be the busiest people I know :hug: I know with LGW's career you're quite busy also. It took me a while in the beginning to juggle career and family then it just got easy or I just got use to it, idk. Then I was able to be a SAHM for a good while, that was fun. :) I start a new job on Monday and I think dealing with the children being older and at home (when you're not) is more of a chore. :dizzy: I have once again had to lay down the rules on how my house should look when I get home daily. Don't know if it will stick but we shall see. As you all have mentioned it is easy to talk to you on here than it is to talk to others face to face. No judging. I love the pats on back and the dusting off I get when I fall down (off the wagon). I think the bonds we've formed are great. I know when I leave and come back I always look for the same people that supported me in the beginning in 2010 and through the years. So thank you all old and new friends for always being here for me, understanding and having my back. Donna glad to have you back :hug: when ever you need to find our weigh in thread there's a link at the end of the old thread. It you subscribe to the threads that you post in it makes them much easier to locate when you go to the quick links tab at the top, that's how I do it ;)

Sarah good job on the pound :) I need that dust and a real good :kickbutt: I can't get it together for the life of me. I am good at the beginning of the month by this time I screw up and keep screwing up, then at or near the end I can reign it back in. Just crazy on my part cause if I can do it then I can do it all the time, so why don't I????? :?:

Donna that means you maintained through out vacation, right? So you did great. You know what you're doing, and you play nice (with food) whey you are away, GO YOU :high:

Kukkie good job on the .3 better than an up for sure :) Glad you're able to ride in with Peanut and hubby and not have to take the bus. :) Gives you a little more time in the mornings right?

I'm down a pound. It has to be the walking yesterday because I ate like a pig for sure. Better luck today with opening (not opening my mouth just anything) :crossed:

patchworkpenguin 07-09-2014 12:42 PM

I've been an off and on member here at 3FC. After a horrible June with Hubby's dad going into hospice care, I was turned down for 'nursing home' insurance due to my vision problems and weight, and having to put our beloved April to sleep due to cancer. I need some help keeping going, and someone to talk with; summer is hard. Hubby started a new work schedule which means I have to change everything I do at home by a few days, too.

01 ~
02 ~ 252.2
03 ~ 252.2
04 ~ weeded 4 5gallon buckets, transplanted hosta, azalea, chopped branch
05 ~ little more weeding,
06 ~
07 ~ TOM
08 ~
09 ~ 253
10 ~ 30min ub weights
11 ~
12 ~
13 ~ vacation
14 ~ "
15 ~ "
16 ~ "
17 ~ "
18 ~ "
19 ~
20 ~
21 ~
22 ~
23 ~
24 ~
25 ~
26 ~
27 ~ 251.6
28 ~
29 ~
30 ~ yoga
31 ~ Cardio Abs

lili8184 07-09-2014 12:44 PM

+1 lb today due to TOM... considering not weighing in until next week, as the numbers sometimes depress me. Having a bowl of yummy homemade turkey chili and some fruit for lunch and drinking my water. The bloat will fall off I am sure, I just hate seeing it on the scale!!! I do read all your comments, I just wish I had time to respond/do personals- I usually post on my lunch break at work, then after work I am crazy busy super mom, lol. Have a great day everyone!

love2b150 07-09-2014 10:57 PM

:hug: Penguin good to see you :hug: I am sorry to hear you had to put April to sleep. I know how much you loved her. I remember the conversations on the thread we were on before about her. :) You have gone through quite a bit. :hug: Glad to have you join us, and you know I'm a chatter box so you're in the right place :)

lili, post when you can :hug: ... at least you know your bloat is from TOM and will be gone soon. I am bloated and have no idea why. I told my son I was gonna maybe try to not have milk and see what happens but I haven't succeeded at that yet, smh. The next thing would be gluten and I hear that is quite an expensive task. Just what I need ... to buy gluten free and the kids eat it all up ;)

Kukkie84 07-10-2014 08:26 AM

Good morning everyone :wave:

I'm in definite need of the caffeine IV today; I actually brought two travel mugs of coffee to work with me this morning :coffee2: Oh well. Despite the lack of sleep, I had a wonderful whoooshhhhhh this morning. Down 1.5 to 193.8 this morning. Back on the right track, hallelujah.

Penguin :hugs: good to see you!!! I'm sorry to hear you've been having a rough go of it. As Rennie said, you know you've come to the right place. Great to have you back.

Sarah2468 07-10-2014 08:28 AM

Rennie--wow, a new job on Monday! Good luck. Is it something you find interesting? Or just a job to pay the bills? I hope it proves to be both! And good luck training the teenagers to keep the house straightened up. I think they don't really learn that until it's THEIR house they're trying to keep straight. :)
lili--I hope the TOM extra pound leaves soon and takes a friend or two with it.
Penguin--it sure sounds like you have had quite a time recently. I hope the rest of the summer is calm and you can get back into a routine that gives you peace. I'm new since you've been gone...nice to meet you and glad you're here to give and get support.
akelly--1.5 miles jogging in the Dallas heat should count for at least double! Good job. That's sounds awful! :)

I walked last night and have a scheduled day off of exercise today but I will eat well and be as active as I can be throughout the day. I have 2 weddings to go to in the fall and I would love to look a bit better in the dress I just bought. That's my vain motivation for the summer!

patchworkpenguin 07-10-2014 10:32 AM

Thank you guys for the welcome and the hugs. I'm having a rough time, Its been a little over a month for April and I'm still randomly bursting into tears. I spent a lot of time home alone with her over the past 11 years and I still expect to see or hear her around the corner.

FYI, I can't drive due to the vision problems so my parents come take me to lunch and a little shopping if I need to once a week. {great aren't they?} My schedule keeps changing this summer so I keep changing which day, so I've managed to confuse them too. They are 'encouraging' me, on the weight loss. Later tonight I go with friends to Parena for Knit Night which is just what it sounds we go, eat and knit and talk.

Rennie, congratulations on the new job. I agree with Sarah's comments.

Sarah, whatever keeps you motivated. Especially if it is a pretty dress and a nice occasion to wear it.

Kukkie, great whoosh.

patchworkpenguin 07-10-2014 04:40 PM

I did 30min of ub weights today. first time to work out in several months so I went lighter than I thought I could just so I don't get really sore tomorrow. I hate being sore.

I wore a pair of capris today that I tried on in spring and decided were too tight, so that was encouraging.

We got a letter from Auburn U of Veterinary school that they received a donation in memory of April from our vets office, which was very sweet.

lili, post when you can

love2b150 07-10-2014 04:44 PM

Kukkie, LOL I remember your caffeine IV request. Hope the two cups helped today :) Sorry for the lack of rest/sleep. Hope you get more rest this evening/tonight. YAY on the 1.5lb Whoosh :high: Keep up the good work :)

Thanks Sarah :) I sure hope so. I am 48 and I hope that this is where I stay until I retire. Yeah I'm kind of looking at it as both. My husband works two jobs and when he's home for the most part he's asleep unless I drag him some place and then I feel bad asking but I want him to go so I tell him to come on anyway, he can rest later. :) He also hasn't been to church in quite some time, luckily he can live stream on Sunday but not on Wednesday to catch what he can but it's nothing like him being there with us.

Oh the teenagers, I have one that keeps his room completely straight. The other two boys oh my goodness. I want to scream every time I go upstairs. And their bathroom :dizzy: My daughter she tries but I think she just likes to hear me say pick that up :) she's so silly, that's my baby, she's 10. Huh my oldest is 21 and thank goodness her husband likes order because I don't know where that child got her house cleaning gene from certainly not me. I keep telling her she married the right man. :) Sarah not vain on the dress at all ... do what you have to do to ROCK THAT THANG as my daughter would say ;)

lili yep what Sarah said ... I hope TOM takes a friend or two also :)

Penguin, I know there could never be another April because she was your baby. :hug: But I remember when Diana (from our old thread) loss her beloved pup, it took a while but she and her hubby took some time to find a new companion. April kept your spirits high and if you decided to get a rescue you would definitely be helping one another, just a thought, not a replacement by any means :hug: You do have great parents, what a blessing :) and knit night sounds quite relaxing, enjoy :)

I had a good weigh in despite my overage of carbs once again. Down 1.4 back in the 150's to 158.8. I told my husband that if I keep this jogging/running up and actually succeed the scale number will get better and better, that is my hope :)

patchworkpenguin 07-10-2014 10:21 PM

Rennie, Diana was kind enough to send me a PM and a snail mail card when she learned about April, which was very sweet of her. April was a rescue, so we are committed to getting another when the time is right.

love2b150 07-10-2014 10:29 PM

Penguin Diana is the sweetest :hug: