Old 06-18-2014, 05:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 357/see ticker/235

Height: 5' 10"

Default Looking for answers HELP!

My diet is going great, steady weight loss, loads of energy, but I have just gained two pounds overnight and I am on a fluid restriction, very low calorie diet and I exercise regularity. The major change over the last couple of days is my emotional well being and it is a traumatic one at that. So because of this I am not able to eat. I called the doctor and told him that I am at 100-300 calories a day and less than 24 oz of water. He said that was ok and should not hamper my weight loss, but to play it save I had my blood drawn.

Can nerves put on weight?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Sally Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:31 PM   #2  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

All sorts of things can cause temporary weight fluctuations, but nothing will break the laws of physics. If you didn't eat 7000+ calories, you didn't gain 2 lbs.

The fluid restriction you mention is a bit concerning -- is it something your MD has put you on for a specific medical condition, like kidney or heart disease? If it's a VLC diet you're doing, I hope it's being adequately monitored and supplemented with vitamins. It's good that you contacted him with concerns and good to err on the safe side by monitoring things.

Big emotional shocks are no fun - good luck.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

your body might retain water if it feels like it isn't getting enough, or isn't getting enough calories.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 357/see ticker/235

Height: 5' 10"

Thanks. I forgot to mention that the ketone stick is showing moderate to large for the fat burning. So I felt as long as I am burning fat the numbers should go down? I thought fluid retention but I am hardly getting in fluids in me right now and the idea of eating anything just sickens me. My water levels are to be between 32-48 oz a day and I can't even get that down and I am a pretty good drinker before my world got turned upside down. I am taking my vitamins and minerals twice a day. So I agree I have to eat 7000 calories to gain two pounds so shouldn't I lose if my body burns more calories than I am currently taking in?
Making a mountain out of a mole hill I guess <sigh>

Last edited by Sally Pineapple; 06-18-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Sally Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #5  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I took a quick look at your blog, which makes me think that the fluid restriction is not for a legitimate medical condition. The program you've described there is really, really concerning and sounds extremely dangerous for your long-term health. Are you sure your doctor is a credentialed MD that can reliably monitor your health? There are a lot of shady weight loss clinics out there that can promise big quick results through crash dieting, but there can be severe consequences to your health (not to mention, you are almost guaranteed to regain the weight you starved off).

I'm really sorry for the emotional turmoil you're in the middle of and don't mean to upset you. I wouldn't say anything if I didn't think this sounded very unsafe. Please, seek a second medical opinion about restricting your water and calorie intake so severely. Take care.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote