The New and Improved Getting Out of The 180s!

You're on Page 19 of 34
Go to
  • xRiotGirl - Good for you! I've tried the 30 Day Shred and never made it past the first phase. I'm a total wimp and even the first phase I had to do it with the mods. :P

This morning the scale showed me a generous 172.8 that, considering the fact that I have not paid the loo a visit for the previous two days and that I had been eating for five, it wasn't too bad. Today I'm having a great day food-wise, and now I'm about to eat some low carb, low cal fettuccine Alfredo with chicken and spinach prior to my 5k Blacklight run tonight. I'm not planning on running but I'll be gone for several hours and I'm going to be hungry. LOL.

Wish me luck! I'll share pictures on Monday!
  • I survived the 5k. My hips, my knees, and my right ankle (the one with tendinitis) are killing me. It's like in an hour+ (yes, we walked most of it, we ran some, which is great because we weren't planning on it) I became an old lady.

There ya go. When I came back I splurged on some chocolate chip cookies. The scale still gracefully showed me a 171.8 this morning.
  • ^Omg that looks like it was so fun! I think I'm falling in love with all these quirky 5ks..they're the most fun exercise I've ever experienced. Also, I'm doing that same Blacklight Run at the end of August. Woo! You look awesome girl!
  • They are super fun! Go with friends, it's the best way to do it!

There is a party before the run, in the evening, and they just throw a whole bunch of glow powder and get you all pumped about running (it's like a night club atmosphere, with a DJ and whatnot). Then they tell you to get on the track to start, and you walk through it until you get to the start line and every so often you hear them at the start line counting down and releasing a group of people. Most of us just walked, which is great because I was concerned about being trampled if I didn't run, but no, it's pretty organized (walkers on the right, runners on the left, and at least here in Houston the majority were walkers). After the run there is another party that's already at night; that party is more fun than the pre-run party because it's dark and you have all your glow dust from the run, they throw glow in the dark goodies and more dust, they have black light, etc. The parties are totally optional. Also it was really family friendly, there were lots of people with strollers and families with older kids walking.

I will definitely do it again next year, it was a ton of fun. I am really sore and achy because as I said, I have tendinitis and I just have bad knees and hip. Being pregnant exacerbates the hip situation. So there was a lot of laying down for me today.

That and watch my country lose to Germany at the World Cup.
  • that 5K sounds like a lot of fun! The last time I went on a 5K I had one goal...beat the very pregnant lady pushing a stroller... nailed it (barely) LOL! I'd like to do another now that my weight is down with a little bit more um... lofty goal

180.2 this morning, not bad considering its Monday. I did eat salad and a couple of bunless hotdogs last night at the bonfire. Lots of fun yesterday and I "broke" my no exercise on Sunday rule. I used a boogie board to go down the river instead of sitting in a tube. Lots of kicking and using my arms. I am so stinking sore this morning though!
  • Woohoo!!! I made it out of the 180s!! 179.4 today!
  • Paulitens, love the pics! You are so cute I would hug you if I could!
    Good to see everyone is hanging in there.
    I am ok, eating to much, but maintaining at the moment.
    The one year anniversary of my son's death is coming up soon and it is very hard.
    NSV I purchased a Med. shirt! It could be a mistake and really a large but I don't care. I never thought I would have a shirt in my closet with a M on it.
  • 5 days ago I was complaining to my sister that I'd only lost 1 pound between June 19 and July 10th. And then in 5 days I've lost about 2.5 pounds, down to 180.6. Oh, the joys of working out again.... I didn't think I'd be seeing the 170's anytime soon!
  • (((Scarlet)))praying that you can remember the wonderful times and allow them to carry you through the grief. (congrats on the medium!)

179.8 today. May or may not be real. Had horrible stomach pains last night, thought it might be my gall bladder. It is better this morning but I"m wiped out.
  • Shannonsnail I'm hoping to Join you in the 170 thread in 4-5 weeks!

Paulitens Super Cute. I'm doing my own black light in October with my Fiance, Sister, and friends. Most aren't runners, but I'm glad I'm getting in shape now, so if there is running, I hopefully won't be panting panting panting!

lotsakids I hope you feel better. I'm currently in an odd situation, my doctor thinks my gall bladder may be having issues, but I'm in the middle of an insurance issue. My current one is set to expire 8/15, and then I start full time with my employer 10/1, there will be a month and a half I won't have insurance. My current insurance, I can purchase 1 month or 3 (no in betweens for some reason) but... the benefits are all weird and uncertain. It's expensive to just purchase 1 month (almost as much as I purchased for 6 months!) And I won't get the same benefits?

I'm basically waiting until October to get an ultrasound once I get it all worked out. They said something about possibly needing it removed? Sounds scary... and hoping it's a false alarm. What's going on with yours?

scarletmeshell I'm so sorry to hear about your son. Hang in there

I had a drop finally, my body is annoying. BIG drops! Which are exciting, but then slow little gains, then a BIG drop again. At least the drops our outpacing the little gains.

I'm also slightly butt hurt over something. I was going to start a thread for the Shred, and the one comment I get is someone asking me to move to theirs that they started after mine had commenced. Effort felt rather wasted. I know it was in good intentions, and I get mine was Tumbleweeds but... I felt a little butt hurt. I just closed mine I figured I'd track my progress to myself from now on...

I know, I'm a big baby. It's like when you take the time and effort to throw a party and no one comes, then a friend texts you an hour into your start time letting you know about a KILLER party across town. It's not meant to hurt and it's certainly not to be rude... but the sting. I of course didn't say anything, as the poster didn't mean to hurt my feelings, good intentions... I'm just a big baby.

I think it also comes with I post advice in threads and feel maybe I type too much? I don't know, but I'll say something like "Calorie counting is hard because it's not accurate with apps..." and then three post later, someone says the exact same thing in smaller words and everyone is like "WHAT THEY SAID!" I was just going over past comments and felt rather ignored. It's probably because I write novels a lot. I don't get ignored all the time, maybe it's just today I feel ignored in general. Down and out, no real reason, just sensitive to everything.

Also, I do realize no one here ignores me. Thanks. And, for the poster that did that in my Shred thread, no hard feelings if you read this, I'm just pouty, not angry.
  • ^If it makes you feel any better, I saw that post yesterday and thought it was kind of weird too haha. In fact, I wanted to join you on it but after seeing that comment felt like it was kind of unwelcome. Maybe I was just being oversensitive though, I don't know. Hoping that that 179 sticks around for you, and that the stomach pains go away!

lotsakids - Sounds like you had a very well-behaved barbeque, hehe And kudos to you, because speaking from personal experience get-togethers like that are the perfect recipe for overeating and going off-plan.

Shannonsnail - OMG YAY! CONGRATS! Show that new decade whos boss!

scarletmeshell - I'm very sorry for your loss. It's okay to be sad, it is supposed to be hard. But remember that we are all here to support you if you need to clear your head, get it out, or just find something to chat about. Hugs hugs hugs. And P.S. congrats on the new clothing size! It's the little things!
  • Hello, all! I just wanted to pop into this thread for a minute...I'm still hanging out in the 190s thread until our whole little group is ready for this one, but wanted to say hello! I've been following this thread for a little while and it's very motivational! 187 today for me and so glad to be moving down.

Hey, XRiotGirl and Kurisitaru! It's good to see you again!
  • welcome Frances and you should post in both groups! A lot of us have done that.

kuristaru - not sure if it is my gall bladder but I've got the female, fat, over forty thing going on and in the past have had pain in the upper right area. I haven't asked the doctor about it because quite honestly he'll just order tests I can't afford and tell me its my diet (duh) so I will just cut back on the fat a little and see if it improves. Its not bad today so we'll see. I do a low carb/high fat woe and gall bladders tend to act up!!
  • Frances, congrats! Excited to have you back, and can't wait to see you all movin' on down our way.
  • Hi Guys I'm in the 180's 5'7 and 184 is killing me! Especially since this has been my peak weight! I've started doing cardio for about a week and gained 3 pounds. Is that even normal? I'm trying to control my eating but I do cheat at times. I need all the help I can get. I'm determined to get out of this fat suit and lead a healthy lifestyle! Any tips from the 180's Gang? Well my mantra is Fight the fat! I'm starting cardio which I do on my wii and then do some yoga and then do a daily nighttime walk. Do I have to do more? Any tips? Thanks