Old 04-25-2014, 05:55 PM   #1  
22LBS Lost! I CAN DO THIS

Location: Columbia Basin Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center

S/C/G: 257/ticktickticker!/141

Height: 5'3"

Wink One fresh adult ready to loose that 100lbs!

I'm not much of a poster, but I figured I might as well start now!

I've been overweight/obese all my life, with no reason to fix it. Until I hit my eighteenth birthday and took a good, hard look in the mirror. My friend-with-benifits, who doubled as my best guy friend, was always telling me how amazing I looked regardless, but I always saw these girls in our school, or walking down the street, or on TV who looked so much more attractive to me. I started wondering how anyone could be attracted to this tub of lard I called my body. My depression(which I had been struggling with since I was young) got even worse, and I found myself doing things I had never before thought of myself doing.

Then the call I had waited for a full year to have, finally came. I would be leaving for the fabled Job Corps Civillian Conservation Center to persue a career in Business Technologies on September 10th, 2013. I had the blessing to spend my last week in civilization doing the one thing I love most. Reenacting the middle ages with my friends and family. I even got to bring along that friend-with-benifits! My eighteenth birthday wasn't the BEST birthday (lots of fighting, my friend had to leave early due to his allergies), but I got to sing with some of the coolest bards I know, dress up in funny clothes, meet and greet with people in my family's merchanting booth, and relax next to the fire.

Then I came to Job Corps and totally forgot about losing weight! Somehow though, *glares at stairs EVERYWHERE*, I managed to lose 15lbs without realizing it! So, I did some research. My original, no-knowledge goal was to just get that 2 off of those 00's. If I got to 180, I would be ecstatic! But now that I've managed to find what my healthy weight is for my short 5'3", that's my new goal!!!

So! I've managed to lose about 20lbs, and I only have 97lbs to go! From 257 to 140, HERE I COME!!!!!!!

I'm gonna use this thread as a motivation poster. >.< And if anyone else would like to, feel free!!! We can all motivate each other!!!!!
CrimsonTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Hello! You can do it! You're off to a great start!

BTW, and this is completely off topic, I love the Pikachu hat you've got on in your pic. My daughter has that one and it is so adorable.
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/290.8/199

Height: 5'7

Yay for being healthy! For me thats even more important than losing weight! Being healthy is just a sexy (or sexier!) than being skinny!!!
mb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:53 PM   #4  

I've always thought that too. I always said, Well, the doctors are all baffled that I'm so healthy though I'm disgustingly overweight, what's the point in losing all this fluffiness? Especially when I can still get dem lovins? Lol. But as I grew up, and grew more into wanting to look at least a little more attractive, if only in my eyes, I realized that yeah, I am as healthy as a horse for some unexplainable reason. But I'm not happy. And getting joy out of telling people "Oh, the only unhealthy thing about me is my weight" is kind of weird. I'd rather say "I've got nothing unhealthy about me! And I managed to loose almost 200 pounds!!!" Ya know?

I have, unfortunatly, had a drawback in my weight loss lately. My loving 14 year old cat Sabbat passed away a few weeks ago. He got into a fight with an animal of unknown type. My amazing dogs came to his rescue, but were too late. I've had him since he was a kitten and he has been there through a lot of turmoil, so losing him while I'm just starting my new life after also losing my grandmother just a month before has been pretty hard. I actually stopped eating for a full week, only being able to stomach oatmeal and the occasional apple. Everything else made me want to puke just smelling it. I've since regained my appetite.... With a vengence...... So it's been pretty hard getting back into my usual eating habits I had aquired after starting this weight loss. I'm hoping though, that I will be able to be completely well... "Fine". A.K.A: Back to my usual self.

Last edited by CrimsonTears; 05-06-2014 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Wanted to put just a little more info into my post instead of double posting.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:24 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

Don't give up! I am sorry about your kitty. I lost my favorite kitty awhile back, and it was really tough. I had a special bond with her. But I know your grandmother would also want the best for you, and that includes being totally healthy and happy. You can do it.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #6  

Absolutely. That's what I keep telling myself. It's like every day I hear her saying "C'mon sugar, you don't want to be like me."
Old 05-08-2014, 07:40 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:53 PM   #8  

Thank you! It's been slow going, but I'm getting there! I think I lost all that water-weight my nutrition teacher always talked about in high school... Now for the REAL fat.

I downloaded a workout trainer that seems to be pretty cool, and I also downloaded the MyFitnessPal app. Both have been very helpful! Now, to just get my silly, fitness hating butt to the gym on center to get to exercising!!!!