My Weight Loss Journey with Optifast - 100+ lb goal.

You're on Page 2 of 12
Go to
  • Found you here too, nibog

Quote:
    I LOVE the vanilla powdered shake inside an 8oz black coffee with a dash of cinnamon - it is by far my favorite now. Also very good to use the chocolate powder and make a mocha coffee!

I also like using a can of diet, caffeine free orange soda and the vanilla powder - Creamsicle! Yum!
    -I copied this to a note to self

Gratz again!
  • Thank you !!!! I am feeling amazing. I am starting to think I can really do this. Getting over that last hump was huge for me
  • Drumroll.......

19.6 pounds lost total.... I am 0.4lbs away from 20lbs lost!
  • Awesome job, nibog!!!
  • Thank you!!!!
  • Fantastic progress!
    *turns a lovely shade of green*
  • Down to 22.8lbs now!

Hoping to leave the 240s this week!!! Come on 230s!!!! If I make it to 240 and under I will have dropped 25+ lbs!
  • Can't wait for tomorrow....will be my 7th weigh in, hoping to hit that 25lb mark!!

I think at week 12 I am going to go to the Modified Plan. I have 10 days off from work in July and would love to be able to do some grilling!!

I would love to have lost between 35-45 by then....fingers crossed (toes too, not going to lie!)
  • Quote: Can't wait for tomorrow....will be my 7th weigh in, hoping to hit that 25lb mark!!

I think at week 12 I am going to go to the Modified Plan. I have 10 days off from work in July and would love to be able to do some grilling!!

I would love to have lost between 35-45 by then....fingers crossed (toes too, not going to lie!)
    You've done very well so far and I bet that 25lb mark is just around the corner for you!
    Keep going and never look back unless it's to wave goodbye to those pounds you've left behind.
  • Lost 3.6lbs..... Total of 26.4lbs lost....I weigh 238.6lbs now!!!!
  • You are doing wonderful!! Congrats to your weight loss so far!!
  • Wow! You must feel fantastic! Congrats!
  • I am so impressed!
    Way to go, Nibog!

I think you have this thing figured out.
  • I'm such a Debbie Downer but I'm fascinated to know what happens AFTER you stop drinking this stuff?? Do they provide counselling etc for handling food again?
  • Not a Debbie Downer at all, it is an entirely valid question!

If you stick with the program, and don't just abandon it, you are weaned back onto food gradually. In my area, the program lasts for 22 weeks minimum...if you wish to keep going you can. Then, for a full year after the completion of your program, you still have full access to their staff and services - Doctor, nutritionist, exercise/fitness coach.
    In the program you attend weekly meetings, they have multiple meetings through out the week at various times so you can always find a group to fit your schedule.
    They have multiple weekly meetings for those in "Masters" (have completed their program) that you can come to for coaching, encouragement, support, and help.

So there is a ton of support and follow up care available...you just have to use it!

Once I am 90% + through my weight loss journey (past 100 lbs hopefully) I am going to switch to Weight Watchers to help me keep on track once I am fully on food again. This way I stay in a weekly program and am held accountable for my success.