Old 04-02-2014, 02:11 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 264.8 / 220.8 / 140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi Everyone!

I said I would not come into this group until I had been under 240 for a few days, I am just under 235

Since this group covers the 220 and 230`s I will probably be here for awhile.
I had a hard time finding this group again, I had seen it before when I posted in the 240`s. I still haven`t figured out how to follow a thread.
I did find one of my posts earlier from a few days ago...I think it was because someone replied to it today.
If there is a place to learn how to find stuff or follow threads please point me in that direction...thank you.

I am happy to be here and hopefully can get to know all of you a little bit.
I did not notice if there was a different thread for when we are under 220, is thereÉ
also any computer savvie people out there who can tell me what I did to my keyboardÉ It is giving me this funny E when I try to put a question mark, and it is making my apostrophe`s funny.
It seems like when I turn off my computer and restart it my keyboard is fixed, but there must be a key sequence or something that causes this.

Thanks all! I am off to bed, have a good night and hopefully I can find this in the morning

Last edited by cleanslate; 04-02-2014 at 02:13 AM. Reason: grammar
cleanslate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:53 AM   #47  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Welcome to you Cleanslate....

This thread has been very quiet lately... We had had a mass exodus of people moving into the 2 teens to Onderland (next thread) and the rest of us have been MIA. When people post in threads it moves the threads to the top of the page and as people post in others... this one would move down. Because we are not as busy - this thread has visited the 2nd page (look at the right corner of the Main 100 section and you will see Page 1 of 100000000 or so If you don't see this thread go to page 2. BUT I AM HOPING that people will be posting more..

NOW that you are here... I hope you do move thru the 2 decades faster than you think! You can do it!

I am finally back in the 220's HOORAY and plan on not going back to the 230's My eye is on the next cloud9 to get to 100 lb loss! I see it... Yep it is right there in front of me! oh 229.4 today!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:55 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 245/signature/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome clean slate. I'm completely clueless when it comes to keyboards and stuff like that but wanted to congratulate you on dropping to 235. What plan are you following?
Donna34747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:58 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 245/signature/135

Wannaskipandlaugh. You're so close!!! I can't imagine the excitement you must be feeling to be so close to such a big goal. Do you have something special planned to celebrate the milestone?
Donna34747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 236/233/180

Height: 5"2

I finally broke through 228. I was stuck there for about a week. This morning I was 226.8. Hopefully I can stay at 226 and not gain. If I do stay then I'm going to take progress pics. I take pics everytime I lose 10 pounds so I can track my weight loss.
RubyRed93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #51  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

cleanslate - here is how you follow a thread. At the top right corner of the thread, you will see a link called "Thread Tools" (it's next to "Search This Thread"). Click the down arrow on "Thread Tools" and you'll see a link that says "subcribe to this thread". Click that. It will take you to a new page and you will see a button that says "Add Subscription". Click that and you will be subscribed to the thread! Now to access all your subscribed threads, click the "User CP" (the first link in the purple toolbar) and you'll see all your subscribed threads! Hope this helps!
Olivia7906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:36 AM   #52  
Sue finding inner song

RubyRed... I hope I follow your example soon.. I am back up to 230.4.. shoot.. why can I not stick with the 220's ggeeezzzzz
Old 04-04-2014, 10:45 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in so long I had to search for the new 230's-220's thread. I'm sticking with it, but the losses are so s-l-o-w it's maddening. On the bright side, the snow is almost gone here - walked (for exercise) outside yesterday for the first time since last fall. Had to dodge some snow, ice and mud puddles, but it was lovely!
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #54  
Sue finding inner song

Hello again Faded!

Well... I am back in the 220's 229.8 this morning and then after my walk 228.8.. ooooooooooooooo I sure do hope that my woosh week is starting! I need it (mentally!!!!!)

Have a great day all!
Old 04-05-2014, 10:42 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 236/233/180

Height: 5"2

What causes a woosh?
RubyRed93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #56  
Sue finding inner song

Ruby... in my case... its 1 week a month (I don't get TOM anymore) where my body just ditches water/Fat in a big amount 5-6 lbs in a week. The rest of the month I lose (If I am good and perfect HA!) about 1/2 to maybe a 1 lb a week. I don't know what causes the wooshing except it is probably hormones and the thyroid regulation.. that is all I can think of. I don't eat or drink anything different.. it just happens (I have a chart and see the up down up down up and then big time down then up down.. its kind of neat to see set out that way and gives my brain an answer. Tho I still get frustrated!) That is my explanation.. but I am sure that there are different reasons for wooshes for others!
Old 04-06-2014, 10:25 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

I hope I'm not jinxing myself, but this morning I am closer to 230 than 240. Not moving the ticker just yet though :-)
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:32 AM   #58  
Sue finding inner song

Hooray... Finally a WHOLE lb+ into the 220's (228.8) now to go forward and do the DownDownDown dance!

Happy Monday all!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:39 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 264.8 / 220.8 / 140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi Everyone, thanks for the welcome.
Olivia, thank you for telling me how to follow a thread
Donna,
As for what I am doing, well I am trying to eat low carbs, moderate protein, and fats. I used to eat a LOT of sugar and carbs, and really no veggies, because of that I decided for right now to not have any fruits, dairy, nuts, grains. I think I have some sensitivities to grains and dairy, but maybe it was just a combination of too much sugar + carbs. I think I am insulin resistant because of the way I used to eat, so I am hoping to turn that around by my new eating plan.
I am eating lean proteins 4 x a day, I found this formula: body weight in lbs. X .4 = grams of protein for a sedentary person. So I try to get that amount each day.
I am eating alkaline forming veggies at lunch and supper. For example: salad with spring mix lettuces, romaine lettuce, spinach, cucumber, celery, kale, swish chard, cabbage, asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, garlic, onions, leeks. Sometimes I grill the veggies, make a soup, or just add to my salad. I try to have salad veggies of 2 cups, plus from the cabbage to the end of the list 2 cups of those kinds of veggies at lunch and again at supper. Maybe once a week or so I have an avocado, red peppers, or something like that, but no starchy veggies.
I take these supplements: multi-vitamin, chromium, kelp, calcium/magnesium, potassium, omega 3's.
I am trying to read as much as I can and learn more so that I can make sure I am getting all the nutrients I need.
I have no idea how to calculate the calories/carbs in the veggies I eat, I am assuming that I am getting at least 1200 calories a day, but I really don't know.
I use coconut oil and grapeseed oil, Herbamare, sea salt, onion powder, garlic powder, unsalted blends like Mrs. Dash herb and garlic, and I use some apple cider vinegar on my salad.
I use protein drinks, with stevia.

This is probably all too much information.
If anyone has any advice or suggestions I am willing to listen.
cleanslate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:15 PM   #60  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

cleanslate - I use this website (United States Department of Agriculture - USDA) when I want to know all the nutritional information in whole foods. If the USDA doesn't know, then who does lol. You should definitely be able to find calorie counts for all the veggies and fruits you eat. You can adjust the quantities too and get a count for whatever amount. Hope this helps.

http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list
Olivia7906 is offline   Reply With Quote