3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Getting out of 220's and 230's! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/293731-getting-out-220s-230s.html)

cleanslate 05-02-2014 12:54 PM

Hello everyone,
I only have a couple minutes on here, so I did not read all the posts.
Maybe my 2 cents will help others so here goes:

For those who really want to exercise but just don't have the time or just don't feel like it.
Try taking a walk, even if it is only from the far end of the parking lot to the grocery store. I find that a walk can boost my energy, my motivation, my mood.
Maybe doing that for a week will help enough to get you doing what you want to do.
What about when you don't feel you have the energy or time, tell yourself you will just do 15 minutes of exercise. Is something better than nothing? I am sure it is. I am sure any movement is better than none at all. You know even cleaning your home is exercise, not cardiovascular but you are still using some muscles and something is better than nothing.
As others have said it is not a sprint, it is a marathon....in for the long haul, so just do what you can each day.
Celebrate the small steps and stay positive!

cleanslate 05-02-2014 12:58 PM

I just realized I forgot to change my weight loss ticker at the bottom, it's changed now.
I did not reach my April goal to lose 16 lbs but I did go down and that to me is a success. It is better than where I was last year. It may take me a long time to reach my goal, or maybe I will find that that is not the right weight for me, but I will keep working towards becoming a healthy weight, no matter how long it takes.

wvuchick 05-02-2014 01:36 PM

I officially hate my scale. I ordered a new one and of course it is taking forever to get here. I can't wait to get it. I might burn my old one. I stepped on it 5 times and got a different reading each time. So I'll just keep the loss to 1 lb.

Good luck Ruby and constellationmama on leaving us soon! ;) Hopefully the rest of us won't be far behind you.

Good luck on your long weekend loozer, just get back at it when you get back.

wanna - I hear ya about the water gain, I need to cut down on sodium, but it just makes everything taste so good. :(

clean slate - that's the right attitude to have. Just keep the faith and one day you will get there.

Have a great weekend!

constellationmomma 05-02-2014 05:13 PM

I am a little down on myself, because I had a mother's day goal and it seems like it would be a miracle if it happened. BUT! I did take a really long fast walk today running errands (almost literallly) and only treated myself with coffee. I'm proud of this little victory today, considering I walked right past a Sabrett's Hot Dog stand.. yum.

MissSMcC 05-02-2014 08:32 PM

Hey everyone, I finally got out of the 240s so am moving in here, hope there's room for me haha :) my name is sheryl I am 28 and from Scotland. Looking forward to chatting and moving down the 230s and 220s! Just think, when we leave this thread we will b in the 2teens! That seems so incredible to me! Have a great weekend!

RubyRed93 05-03-2014 10:23 AM

Welcome MissSMcC!

This morning I was 219.2. I don't think it will stick since I fasted yesterday until 6 PM. So I'm going to wait a few days before leaving.

wannaskipandlaugh 05-03-2014 10:29 AM

Welcome Sheryl MissSMcC! :) Congratulations for working your way here and I hope your stay is Short and the Road to the 2 teens is an easy and fast trip! (I know what you mean about being in that weight change.. I am getting close and this time last year ( I weighed 279) I believed I would get there.. but getting this close blows my mind!)

Constellation .. you are SOOOOO Close.. I hope that the scale treats you today and you are in the 2 teens
RUBY! Congrats to you!!! 219+ Hooray! Please open that door for the rest of us to come on in! Look how close you are to Onderland now! WooHoo!

Me.. Boy this week of induction is really working!!!! down to 223.4.. WOW.. I never lose during my Non Woosh week (2 weeks from now).. I am soooooo thrilled!

Happy Weekend all!

wvuchick 05-03-2014 10:52 AM

I take back my hatred of my scale. I was three lbs. lighter this morning. I couldn't believe it!

Welcome Misssmcc - congrats on your loss so far and welcome to the group!

Ruby- awesome job on getting to the two teens. Hope it sticks!

Have a great day! :D

wannaskipandlaugh 05-04-2014 10:30 AM

Well :woohoo: WVUCHICK! Loss of 3 LBS WOW!!! good for you!

Me too.. I am doing so well this week (Atkins induction again) and I am down 1.6 lbs from yesterday... so far 4 lbs this week after all this time. I think I have figured out the cause of my weight loss slow down tho.. ALMONDS ggrrrrr as I only eat 100 cals (or 2 carbs) of them, but they are the only thing I eat every day that I stopped eating this week.. WILD.. BUT I am down to 221.8 OH YAY! getting VERRRRYYYY close to the 2 teens now WEEEEEE DE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Squeal! :D

wvuchick 05-04-2014 01:21 PM

Hate to lose you wanna but I hope you get there very soon. :D

RubyRed93 05-05-2014 02:23 PM

UGH it didn't stick. I was 220.4 this morning. I think it only went down because I fasted on Friday. And then my mom had to buy over $300 worth of cookies for a party at her job. And she had set some aside to bring home and so for the past 3 days my world has been filled with cookies of all kinds.

But I'm back at the gym today and eating healthy. And hopefully I'll get back there soon.

Sakurai 05-05-2014 04:09 PM

Goals Time! :carrot:
Motivation: I need to start fitting into my business-casual "clinic clothes" again, or else I have to go to the thrift store for a new week-worth of slacks and blouses in the 20/22s to fit my robust rump. Do. Not. Want.
This is long! Some of this is just motivational stuff to remind myself, but by saying it out loud and making it public, I set the bar firmly and I'm far less likely to back down. Also, it's ambitious. But if it isn't ambitious, I don't feel the pressure to go all-out and get lazy. Goals are highlighted.

Minibosses:

June 1 -- 214 -- Back in the clinic, so I want to be in better physical condition. I get to wear scrubs in the ER so I don't have to get new clothes ;) but it's halfway to my next more important goal.
May Gameplan to get to 214: Calorie restriction @ 1200, 3-5/wk gym, biking on weekends. Study out. I'll need to make a good daily schedule or it won't happen. Scale back on Saturdays and don't let it drag on ;)
May EXP: It'll feel good to see my upperclassmen graduate in 2 weeks when I've dropped 5 lbs!

July 1 -- 204 -- I start actual Family Medicine outpatient clinic (which I <3 - FM is the best!!) and need to wear my clinic clothes again. I can fit many of them at 204.
June Gameplan to get to 204: Calorie restriction @ 1200, 3-5/wk gym, biking on weekends. My shifts will be sporadic, so it'll still be really important to stick to a schedule in order to actually get workouts in.
June EXP: When I start to fit in some of my clinic clothes again! Also, as I have to tighten the scrubs drawstrings more, and my white coat fits more loosely.

August 1 -- 194 -- I start my Family Medicine Acting Internship. This is the stereotypical hospital inpatient wards with rounding and pagers and 70-80 hour work weeks with some night shifts (like you'd see on Scrubs or other medical dramas). I need to be in good shape.
July Gameplan to get there: Go to the gym after clinic ALMOST EVERY DAY! Buy fresh fruits and veggies at the market nearby the clinic. Don't give in when tired - it gives you energy!
July EXP: All along the way, I'll be feeling my clothes fit better and better! Especially my fav pink shirt. They fit MUCH better at 194!

Mega Endboss #1:

September 1 -- 186 -- This is when I start my residency applications, which is a big landmark. So Sept 1 will be the last day of my life that I'll be obese, at 186.
August Gameplan to get there: Calorie restriction @ 1200. Can't go to the gym or go biking, but I'll be busy walking everywhere in the hospital. Around 188-192 is a huge hurdle for my metabolism for some reason, so I'm only aiming for 8 lbs that month. I can do this!
August EXP: My clothes will start to be loose and super comfy along the way this month, including my fav purple shirt. This is where Lina complimented you so highly, where you were at the end of Core 2, where you were at Macchu Picchu and when reading Speaker, when you were on the cover of OAFP, and when visiting your newborn nephew and needed the waist in your comfy black pants waistband taken in. These are awesome things to remember!

Sakurai 05-05-2014 04:21 PM

I figured some things out, hope it might help others too!

1) After each meal, if I brush my teeth with something like Colgate (which is intense and leaves a strong minty-ness behind) nothing tastes normal for quite a while afterwards. So this will help deter me from snacking! And the freshness feels good. ^__^

2) I recently realized that because I have GERD and allergies, I always feel like I want to swallow. Swallowing something feels good, as it satisfies that "swallow" signaling. I think my entire life that my mind has associated that satisfaction with the pleasure of eating tasty food, because both happen together - which has trained me to feel like eating when I feel that pressure in my throat.

I figured this out because my allergies are piqued, my throat feels like I need to clear it all the time, and I simultaneously feel that sense of false-hunger more than usual.

Am I the only one who feels this? Maybe by actually treating my allergies this year, I might feel it less!

justaloozer 05-06-2014 08:51 AM

After a weekend away and not being in control of my food I went up 2.4lbs. It could have been a lot worse so I am grateful thats all it was. I am back home now and I will be eating clean.

Welcome to the newbies and YAY for weight loss!

wvuchick 05-06-2014 09:25 AM

I feel like a kid in a candy store. I got my new scale today and I can't wait to get home and open that bad boy up. :dance:

Rough night of little sleep, so I woke up hungry but I'll be chugging the water until my window opens and I get home.

Ruby - Hoping for a whoosh that sticks very soon.

Sakurai - My family has severe esophagus and GERD issues AND I have horrible allergies. I don't know what it would feel like if my sinuses and throat didn't feel all mucked up. My stomach has convinced my brain that I need to eat when my allergies are acting up, so I know how you feel there too. I love your goals and plans to get there. I may need to do that myself.

loozer - 2.4 lbs isn't bad at all. Keep up the good work!

Have a great day to everyone!