Old 08-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Ugggg it lost my post!!!!

Laurie ...I have no doubt your awesome I know the first month is always a big month but that is amazing girl! When I was down to 135 I was 8 percent body fat which I have been told I have more muscle mass than the average woman....so I really want to get back into lifting I loved it so much it is just hard to incorporate with all these kids...but I am going to try!

Jessica...I know you will get there because you are awesome too!

Dee...you are an inspiration...really!!!!

Bama...just hang in there perseverance pays off...and just weigh and check portions that helps me a lot!

Chubby...I so relate we came back from korea in January and I am at my all time heaviest...never thought I would get past 220 but I did Now is my time, my time to shine, and my time to throw the yo yo to the bottom of the ocean
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #407  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Baconating, you'll succeed as long as you maintain that positive attitude.

Bama, you can get a ticker at one of several free websites, too, if you'd like. Have fun at the registration drive, by the way.

Papercut, congrats on your loss!

Dee, you are an inspiration. Keep up the awesome job!

Chubby, welcome! If all goes well, I'll be on my way to the next thread, but you can do it!

Jen, aw, sorry the interwebs ate your post. Thanks for the vote of confidence. You're just as awesome as we are. Keep your head in the game and you can do anything. Don't forget that even with all those kids, you've got to make sure that you take time for yourself every once and a while.

Laurie... Every. Day. It's crazy weird how our bodies are in such unison right now. My scale also gave me the wonderful 219.4 lb read. Like you, I'm praying that it sticks. I think it will though, I hope it will. Time for us to do a happy dance over breaking through the stickiness of the 220 lb rubber floor.
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:56 PM   #408  

S/C/G: 240/238.2/120

Height: 5'3"

Bama I have been feeling snacky all day. It's just a good thing there's nothing too bad in the house for me to get my chubby little hands on! I weigh in tomorrow and have only a small calorie deficit today so I don't know what to expect. Good luck to you!
Baconating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:37 AM   #409  
Melissa

S/C/G: 250/229/175

Ok. The scale and I are NOT FRIENDS. My weight is still fluctuating between 230 - 235. I'm monitoring my calories, no snacking, lots of water, the stupid scale refuses to budge. I AM seeing a change on the tap measure (I do it daily just because it's the only change I'm seeing!), but the actual weight is refusing to budge!!

Am I fooling myself that I'm being so careful with my food? I mean, I'm eyeballing it, but your fist is about a cup, right? A desk of cards is 4oz of protein... An ounce is the tip of your thumb...

I KNOW the tape measure is realistically more important than the pounds, but seeing the freaking scale refuse to really budge is just driving me up the wall. I'm 3.5 weeks in and the scale seriously hasn't moved since the first week and a half (which was a nice whoosh of 15 pounds!).

This is the point when I usually say, "Screw it". I'm an emotional eater afterall. But, I'm NOT gonna do that, but MAN I'm irritated!
BamaGalRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #410  

Height: 5'5"

220.0. Of course.

Jessica - I did the happy dance yesterday. And I'm not taking it back! But, of course, I got a bounce back this morning. Hope you stayed below 220. I am planning on blowing past 219 soon, so it would be nice if you stayed a little ahead of me. (I'm just talking big here. I know that I can't do anything about that stupid number except stick to plan, and that has not been successful for the last week.)

BamaGal - The scale issues make more sense now that you said that you had a 15-pound whoosh in the first week and a half. I don't know why this is, but I have seen a lot of people who lose in whooshes. As for the food, you may want to try actually measuring it. Eyeballing it is very imprecise. But that could also depend on whether you are creating a small or large calorie deficit. If you are creating a large one, then estimating would probably be okay. If you are relying on only a small deficit, however, especially if you are eating back calories, I think you absolutely need to measure, especially with higher-cal foods.

Baconating - Way to go on not keeping snacks in the house. That's my kryptonite. If it's there, and I'm snacky, I will eat it.

Jen - Lifting is the best. I love knowing that I'm working hard at maintaining muscle. I used to do body weight exercises with my young kids. They're not very good at push-ups, generally, but they love doing them. Body-weight squats, lunges, push-ups (I can only do 2 at a time, but I supplement those with push-ups on my knees), planks. Maybe it's worth a shot?

Dee - How incredibly amazing are you? I am feeling a bit of diet fatigue now. You are my new inspiration for keeping on keeping on.

Chubby - I tend to gain weight very quickly as well. Glad you're here!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:16 PM   #411  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Laurie - Awwww. With the numbers I saw, I was really hoping you'd get to keep it, too. I got a sneak peek of 216.8 lbs (thinking/hoping this might be where I'll be for my next official weigh-in). But I did see as high as 220.6 lbs if that's of any comfort. My average came in at 218.6 lbs, though. I'm not recording it as official, but I am hesitantly allowing myself to be pleased.

Bama - Hang in there. Even though the scale hasn't moved in about two weeks, you still have an average weekly loss of over 4 lbs from your first whoosh of 15 lbs in 1.5 weeks. It is going to take some time for your body to re-adjust. It can be irritating, but stick with it. In terms of measuring, I always round down the calories I burn and round up the calories I consume so that if my estimations are off, they are off in my favor. Like Laurie said, if you've got a big deficit this is less of an issue, but it's still a good practice to stick with.
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:30 PM   #412  
Melissa

Well, I'm going from probably around 2500 cal/day to no more than 1200. I assume that's a big deficit. Yesterday, I admit, I ended up consuming about 1600 for the day and with exercise it rounded out to about 1350 net, but that's been my first day of over 1200 in 3.5 weeks, so I'm not gonna beat myself up over it. It wasn't a huge, binge-y overage-- just 150 cals and I knew I was eating more because I was running around a day.

I just have to remind myself. I AM steadily seeing the tape measure show a positive change so I gotta focus on that and the weight WILL come off. The laws of thermodynamics say it will!
Old 08-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #413  

Jessica...yes sometimes I do forget about me...my hubby is only here on the weekends due to the Army so it is really hard...so I try and make my nights me time everyone is in bed or rooms by 830!!!

Bama...how old is your scale??? I only ask because it may have gone coocoo! Hang in there girl!

Laurie you are going to see that loss soon! I mess around a lot lifting the kids LOL I have bands and I also love using my body as the weights as well. I have a weight bench and weights in the garage...just need to muster the energy LOL

238.5 still this is what happens every week then by sat morning usually see a loss so hopeful!
Old 08-14-2014, 08:59 PM   #414  
Melissa

Jenjen, it's new, sadly. It's a cheap rotary type one. I should've splurged and gotten the digital one. Even 0.2 down is better than nothing!

That being said, other than yoga the other night, I obviously haven't done crap in forever. I just did a 15 min "run"(I might not work out a lot, but when I do, I go all in LOL) on the elliptical and I'm disgustingly sweaty (but proud of myself!).

Laurie, that 219 will be back in no time!

Baconating, snacks of any kind are AWFUL for me because I'm a total grazer.

Chubby, I gain way faster than I lose. That's for darn sure!!

Last edited by BamaGalRN; 08-14-2014 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 08-14-2014, 09:56 PM   #415  

I got my soggy I feel official!!!
Old 08-14-2014, 10:12 PM   #416  
Melissa

Jenjen! I'm JEALOUS! Can't wait til I get mine!
Old 08-14-2014, 10:22 PM   #417  

I know I feel like I waited forever lol
Old 08-14-2014, 10:51 PM   #418  
Melissa

I just played a bunch of games on the Games thread. 1) Because I was bored 2) To get my post count up. LOL

Siggy! Siggy! Siggy!

(I think I'm a month or so behind you, though!)
Old 08-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #419  
Melissa

Alright. This is SOOOOO frustrating... The frealing scale just won't move. Like I said, I have. HUUUUGE calorie deficit-- going from *at least* 2500 calories a day to 1200. No snacking. No caloric drinks. And my scale is STILL hovering around 230-235 depending on the time of day I weigh.

Even seeing inches come off this is driving me up the freaking wall! My BFF is dieting too and I saw on her MFP account she had. 3.9 pound whoosh and she's eating almost twice as many calories as me. Rawr.

THIS is why dieting drives me batty. I swear, I AM that person who is just fat no matter what I eat or do.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:07 PM   #420  

Height: 5'5"

220.6. My body loves that 220 number!

BamaGal - The deficit that is important is the amount of calories your body burns just by going about its day - the Basal Metabolic Rate. There are lots of sites that have these calculators, but I am linking to one. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator The difference between your BMR and your intake is your deficit. At 1200, you do have a substantial deficit, and I can say that with confidence despite not knowing your BMR. My only other suggestion is to take a day and actually track all your food, including weighing and measuring it. It is really, really easy to underestimate calorie intake. But if you're losing inches, and you recently had a huge whoosh, you are almost certainly making progress, so it sounds like your plan is working. And, if you can, buy a digital scale. =)

Jenni - Woot! A signature! Bands are great, and it sounds like you have the equipment and know what you're doing. Love strength training!

Jessica - Don't expect to you around much on this thread any more. So excited for your continued progress.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote