3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Old 08-10-2014, 02:45 PM   #376
Melissa

S/C/G: 250/229/175

Height: 5'6

Hi and welcome TwoWoofers!
BamaGalRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:13 PM   #377

Height: 5'5"

220.0. Yes. 0.2 away from hitting my goal for my trainer boy challenge. I really want that number by tomorrow. But I can't control what the scale does, so I am working at being patient.

Welcome Twowoofers! I don't know how to subscribe to the thread, but I know there's a way. It's one of the active threads in the 100-pound club, though, so it's not too tricky to find. =)

Jen - Can't wait to see your tape measure results! It's definitely more meaningful than scale progress.

Bamagirl - I totally know about the munchies. I have heard it called "head hunger." I dealt with it yesterday and a couple of days ago. My strategy yesterday was to decide what I was going to do for the rest of the day, write an accountability post, and hit the gym. Really hard. And it worked. =) Three days ago, I bought sugarless gum and mindlessly chewed it. That worked too. I have also watched videos of super-morbidly obese people. Not because I feel superior, but because I know that, at the rate I gain and my OCD tendencies with food, that could easily be me. That often works. But my strategies don't always work, and that's okay too. The first time I lost a significant amount of weight, I had days that I just completely lost control and consumed an outrageous number of calories. It slows down weight loss, but it doesn't kill it. The days following those binges are really hard too, and the binges have derailed multiple weight loss attempts. But, at least for me, binges are going to part of my life, but that doesn't mean that I can't forestall them for weeks or even months, and it doesn't mean that I can't or won't lose weight. Good luck with the munchies. They're so challenging!

Jessica - Look at us flirting with almost precisely the same numbers. Argh! Especially poignant because 220 is a big number for both of us. Patience is good advice. Easier said than done, though. ;-)
Old 08-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #378
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

You know you're ravenous, Bama and that can go a long way to ensuring that you don't let yourself shovel food into your face. I don't know what triggered it for you but I realized that last week's hunger for me was triggered by an unusually (for me) short cycle.

Congrats on reaching your first mini-goal, Jen!

Hi, two-woofers! I believe that when you post to a thread, it auto-subscribes you but I'm not 100% sure.

Oh, Laurie, we both 220.0 lbs today!!! We have the patience and persistence to press through all of this. We are so rocking things!
Old 08-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #379
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

I am just into the 230's. Some how 240 was a big number for me psychologically. It is really weird but some numbers challenge me more than others. I spent the better part of the morning preparing food for the week. I find that is a great help to me. If something healthy and delicious is already prepared I am much less likely to veer off course. Hello to all. I look forward to hearing about your journeys.

Dee aka active adventurer
Healthy nutrition, exercise and stress reduction are my #1 priorities

activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:57 PM   #380
Jessica, Becoming Me

Welcome, welcome, Dee! It's really not that weird, actually. Both Laurie and I have experienced difficulty breaking through the 220 lb mark in the past so we can relate to certain decades being a bit tougher psychologically than others.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #381

220.2. Up 0.2 from yesterday. UGH!

Welcome Dee! Yes, as Jessica says, she and I are both fighting the 220 stickiness. I'm so thrilled for you that you broke through it! I'm not sure if I'm reading your weight tracker correctly, but if you've lost either 60 or 230 pounds -- what a tremendous accomplishment!

Jessica - Patience and persistence. You said the perfect words. I am trying to make them my watchwords. Working out can have detrimental effects on the scale for me, though not always, so I deliberately chose to just take a long walk (4.25 miles) instead of hitting the gym hard and inducing soreness. I just desperately wanted to see 219.something. Instead, the scale bounced back up to 220.2 It helped that I put on my size 18 suit pants this morning that I had stopped wearing because they'd become so tight, and realized I need to wear a belt with them now. But I desperately want to clear this hurdle. Instead of changing things up, though, I am going to do my regular work-out today, regular way of eating, and trust that if the scale sticks to 22_ for a while, I will be rewarded with a whoosh at some point.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:29 PM   #382
Diane

S/C/G: 294/268.4/180

Height: 5'6"

Helllllooooooo! I made it into this group!!!! I recognize a few names here! I had a big loss week, and I'm down to 238. Very happy with that! For now, anyway!
Old 08-11-2014, 01:46 PM   #383
Melissa

Hi and congrats, Slashnl
Old 08-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #384

Diane! So excited to see you here! I am (hopefully) going to the next thread soon, but I know 240 is super sticky for you, so it's doubly exciting to see you break through. Look at us becoming smaller and stronger!
Old 08-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #385
Melissa

*grumble*

So... I have a 3 pound gain today. I suspect it's because I'm not drinking enough. I can feel that I might be slightly dehydrated-- I've seriously been slacking on my water (I don't drink anything else though). So... I reckon that might have SOMETHING to do with my gain? I'm OVER the 230s! LOL I've hit 230 3 times now and never go down past it!! I'm being meticulous with my calories (1100-1200/day). I'm starting yoga tonight and am gonna FORCE myself to get my rump on the elliptical. I'm ready to see that scale # MOVE!!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:22 PM   #386
Jessica, Becoming Me

Diane!!! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!

Bama, a good rule of thumb for that is half your weight in ounces of water a day. If you're doing a lot of exercising or you have a very physical job, you'll probably need to take in more than that, too. Keep hacking at it and your rubber floor of 230 will break eventually.

Laurie, you're in good company again today. My first step onto the scale was 220.2 lbs. (My second was 218.8 lbs and my third and fourth were 219.0 lbs.) I'm forgoing recording any part of the 219.x lbs today because I know that my weight tends to bump back up on Tuesdays. I figure it's particularly likely given that I have an 8 hour shift at work tonight.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #387

Bama - Yeah. Sometimes the scale makes no sense. But you're doing the measuring, right? It's nice to see progress in some way.

Jessica - 220.2 too, eh? Although it sounds like your weight is actually lower, given that the average took you well into 219 territory. I am very grateful that my scale consistently gives me the same number no matter how many times I step on it, though I have to admit that I step on it at least twice, especially if the number is especially good. =)
Old 08-11-2014, 07:00 PM   #388
Jessica, Becoming Me

Yeah. It would be nice if my scale didn't fluctuate quite so easily, but sometimes it's not so bad. It's like the scale's giving me a little preview of what's to come if I just keep going. And if I think of it like that, well, why not keep pushing.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #389
Melissa

I'm supposed to start yoga with a friend tonight-- so hopefully the increased water intake and adding in exercise will help me make it through!
Old 08-11-2014, 11:09 PM   #390
Melissa

So it did it!! I had my first yoga class tonight. Wow. I used to coach competitive level gymnastics and despite being chubby I was really a very strong person. Not anymore. Woooo. That kicked my butt! LOL and yet I can't wait for next week!!