Old 04-02-2014, 06:51 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 256/211/136

Height: 5'2"

Oh Hey Everybody!!!! Back from a wild weekend! First of all, you may or may not know, I am a teacher. On Friday, we were called to the cafe right after school and it was announced that a beloved Assistant Principal was very ill and being placed in hospice. Very sad news.... on Saturday, we received notification that she had passed away. Really shocking. Ok, so I never take off from school...literally, I am never absent....and Monday was going to be my first absence since the school year began. Now I am faced with going out of town and not being there to help my students grasp the idea the our AP had passed away. Next, my son, who is trying to get a teaching job, but in the area of Phys Ed, comes home announcing that he has an interview on Monday morning at 8 AM....again, why am I not going to be there to help him mentally prepare for possible interview questions, iron his shirt, steam his suit....I never go out of town like this..... Well, I did not want to let the people down that I was travelling with, so I just went. Way out of my comfort zone. I normally would have been eating my way through this stress, but I hung in there....I thought of all of you! You would have been proud....we stopped in at an Olive Garden....I ate plain chicken, and salad no dressing....everyone else in the group had plates of pasta, dessert, drinks....I was so strong! Ok, so we are at the wedding and I allowed myself a piece of cake....and mashed potatoes from the potato bar....but everything else, I was pretty good! So, long story, longer..... I weighed in at 211! A loss of 45 pounds! Now I am going to continue in another post so I don't lose all of this nonsense!

Last edited by jodoto; 04-02-2014 at 07:06 PM.
jodoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #92  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

jodoto - we are running neck and neck! LOL! That's exactly what I weighed in at this morning! lol! I'm very glad to hear you stayed on plan even among all the chaos! And I'm very sorry to hear about the AP passing. You seem to handle stress very well. You should be very proud of yourself
Olivia7906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #93  

OK, so we are travelling back from the wedding on Monday morning....and I am just praying for my son and this interview....the longer the interview went, the more anxious I got....was this a good sign? He finally called....and HE GOT THE JOB!!!!! Yay for employed children! So that night we took him out for a quick celebration...more eating, more will power! Last night...another celebration and another willpower exercise! This morning, I weighed in at 211! I held it together! Ok, so now I am going to tell you what the significance of me losing 45 pounds is....stay tuned!

Last edited by jodoto; 04-02-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:01 PM   #94  

Ok, so here we are...last post I promise....I teach ten year olds....and my lightest kid weighs 45 pounds. So about 15 pounds ago, I started this thing on my board where I would write down how much I lost each day... The 45 pound kid is named Roxy, and we began this challenge of I lost Roxy so that each day, when I would lose a pound, I would move a letter over, timing it so that I would spell out I LOST ROXY on the day that I had lost the same amount of weight that Roxy weighs.... Today was that day! The kids loved this! I wore a "dress" that I used to wear as a tunic/shirt... I brought a picture in of me wearing the "shirt"...and when my class saw the picture of me in the shirt....45 pounds ago, they couldn't believe it! It was a fun diversion to the sadness that is hanging around our school right now! Ok. ladies, I have certainly talked your heads off.... I will see you lighter! Jodoto!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #95  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Jodoto, that is amazing! I smiled so hard at "I lost Roxy". That is just so awesome. Very sorry to hear about the passing of your assistant principal though.

I ate way too much today, including m&ms. Yikes. And I just got prescribed steroids, plus the weight training...oh boy. I think I might just skip weigh-in this week. Off to the gym I go to work off that candy.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

^You have a good idea there. I really should have skipped my weigh in today, because I only just started getting back to normal yesterday -- not enough time for a great weigh in result. But instead I'm just going to work my butt off until Friday, next weigh in.

@Jodoto I love that you got your kids involved in that! I bet they were so excited I'm very sorry for your loss, and I envy your strength during all the stress -- very inspirational!

I made it through today by the skin on my teeth. If it weren't for my workout, I'd have gone over calories, again, by a couple hundred. That is thanks to ice cream...something I could have just gone without. Anyway, I started and finished the day strong. I'm thinking of a little night to cap it off so I can go into tomorrow feeling recharged and ready to go. Wish me luck..haha!
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:12 AM   #97  
Black Barbie

nonameslob & xRiotGirl - you two are so close to leaving this group and entering the almighty Onederland! I can't wait to be under 210 so I can have that feeling! lol
Old 04-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #98  
Call me NNS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRiotGirl View Post
^You have a good idea there. I really should have skipped my weigh in today, because I only just started getting back to normal yesterday -- not enough time for a great weigh in result. But instead I'm just going to work my butt off until Friday, next weigh in.
Yeah, it was probably a good idea except I stepped on the scale this morning anyway haha! I never write my numbers down unless it's an official weigh-in day or a loss. I'm up a bit, but I think I am on track for a loss by tomorrow's official weigh (today is a fasting day - my weight is up and down a lot because of fasting). Attempting to fast today after my first dose of steroids - thought I would be ravenous but so far so good.

I hope today is going better for everyone! Seems like we all had our little binges, and I know at least for me I'm feeling much more optimistic now.

Olivia - it does feel good, but in the grand scheme of things you are very close, too! You'll be there before you know it!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:28 PM   #99  
Black Barbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
Yeah, it was probably a good idea except I stepped on the scale this morning anyway haha! I never write my numbers down unless it's an official weigh-in day or a loss. I'm up a bit, but I think I am on track for a loss by tomorrow's official weigh (today is a fasting day - my weight is up and down a lot because of fasting). Attempting to fast today after my first dose of steroids - thought I would be ravenous but so far so good.
nonameslob - I've decided to incorporate a fasting day on Sundays. This Sunday will be my first week doing it so we'll see how it goes. How often do you do it?
Old 04-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #100  
Call me NNS!

My "plan" is 5:2 (5 days normal, healthy eating up to 2000 calories, two days "fasting" which isn't really a fast - I eat up to 500 calories, usually just coffee and dinner). Are you planning to do a full fast or will you be eating at all? I usually do Mon/Thurs because it's easier for me to not eat when I'm at work.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #101  

Hi Gang.... I was at 211 this morning, but that is just fine with me. Spring Break starts tomorrow....can't wait! We are headed to the beach.... I plan on taking my good eating habits with me! Olivia, great to have ou back...Riot and Noname pave the way for Olivia and I to join you in Onederland! See ya lighter! Jodoto
Old 04-03-2014, 09:09 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

You guys will be meeting us in no time. Just wanted to check in to say that I had a very solid day today and I'm feeling much more centered now. Ready to keep it rolling on down to 199 now!
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:04 AM   #103  
Black Barbie

Yes, start paving the way for jodoto and I! We'll be right behind you!

This morning I weighed in at 210.00! Aaaaahhhh, the 2'singles are in smelling distance! I feel like once I get below 210, I can see the yellow tape at the finish line...the last stretch lol.

TOM is expected any day now and has my stomach bloated already. Might get some weight gain over the next few days but hoping I won't.

Happy Friday all! Spring break time!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:09 AM   #104  
Black Barbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
My "plan" is 5:2 (5 days normal, healthy eating up to 2000 calories, two days "fasting" which isn't really a fast - I eat up to 500 calories, usually just coffee and dinner). Are you planning to do a full fast or will you be eating at all? I usually do Mon/Thurs because it's easier for me to not eat when I'm at work.
noname - it depends on how much I eat on Saturday LOL! My girls and I have a naughty menu planned for tomorrow. They don't like to eat out much anymore so I bring the restaurant to my kitchen lol. My plan is warm water with lemon for the entire day Sunday.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #105  
Call me NNS!

Sounds like a good plan, Olivia! I've never even tried a 100% fast. That will definitely make Saturday more enjoyable for you. ENJOY!

I somehow managed to do my fast yesterday even with a work event surrounded by food and wine. I left early, and took a sandwich home with me that I can't wait to eat today. (Ok, so maybe I nibbled a little of the ham...)

And even with starting weight training and going on steroids this week, the scale keeps going down and it looks like I'm neck-and-neck with Olivia! jodoto and Olivia you're right behind us!