Old 03-04-2014, 10:39 PM   #1  
just do it :)

S/C/G: ticker!

Height: 5'6

Default Flabby Arms

Hey everyone! I haven't been around much lately, but I really feel like I need to plug back in because I have been stalled out for two months. My weight loss was kind of opposite of the typical over the holidays cause I was killing it! I participated in a challenge and dropped 25lbs. Then I distanced myself from the internet in general, went back to some less than ideal habits, and completely stalled out for the past two months. Really thought for sure I'd be in onederland by now!

ANYWAYS - I've lost quite a bit of weight already and never really stuck to a fitness routine. I'm still quite young so I know my skin has a good chance of bouncing back, but my arms are HORRENDOUS. Seriously they're so flabby and huge and I'm really worried that it might be too late for me to tighten them up having already lost almost 100lbs? I was going to post this in the fitness forum but I figured some of you here might have been in the same boat as me. Any help is greatly appreciated!
lanabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:56 PM   #2  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

I think there's still hope for you. I started TRX training, which uses your own body weight, with the specific hope to do something about my arms. And, it worked. Fairly quickly, I noticed changes. I didn't measure, but shirts that had previously been too tight in the arms were getting looser.

Now, I lift free weights and things are getting even better. My arms were huge. And, now, they're just big. I can really see definition in my shoulders, and when I flex, I have "guns" -- but I still have a lot of skin that hangs down underneath when I hold my arms outstretched {imagine "It was this big."} I hate to see myself lift weights in the mirror, because the arms look their worst. But, it's just so much better, now, than it was! Still a work in process, but I'd be comfortable in a sundress or tank top, now. Although they're still flabby, I don't let it get to me, because I know how strong I am, and it's getting better all the time.

You're young, time is on your side, and from photos I've seen, eventually, with some strength training, you may never know they were ever flabby.

Last edited by AwShucks; 03-07-2014 at 10:59 PM.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:33 PM   #3  
just do it :)

S/C/G: ticker!

Height: 5'6

Omg thank you so much for replying, I was starting to worry that the thread had so many views but no replies cause nobody wanted to be the bearer of bad news haha.

Is TRX training something you have to pay for or can some kind of program be found online? I'm dying to get started ASAP!
lanabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:25 PM   #4  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

I would love to have arm tightening surgery !
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:53 PM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabug View Post
Omg thank you so much for replying, I was starting to worry that the thread had so many views but no replies cause nobody wanted to be the bearer of bad news haha.!
aw, sorry you were disappointed and worried Maybe alot of us don't like to admit to the flappy arms!! I have them..my arms have always, always been big. I have to get down to a certain leanness before I can feel I can wear a tee shirt. And I can look okay in a tee shirt with my arms at certain poses unless I raise my arms and there is that horrible fat hanging down.

I do think you have youth on your side and that is great And building some muscle just always helps. Best wishes!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote