Old 02-23-2014, 12:58 PM   #1  
JazziBelle

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Red face Can I join in somewhere?

Hi, I'm Jennifer Belle (user name JzBelle)
I'm [gulp] 55 years old (in my head I'm somewhere in my 30's with a dash of 17 or 65 depending on what I'm doing)
I've been dieting all my life. Tried everything except surgery.

I haven't done any type of diet the last few years--because [Yes I know its an excuse] of health issues..... One 'issue' is I had emergency gall bladder surgery 2 years ago and it has really messed up my eating. My gut doesn't like high fiber OR high fat. I've been eating a lot of starchy white foods since they seem easiest to digest.

The second big health issue was major case of Shingles last year. Hit me in March and it was September/October before the pain stopped. I spent a lot of time lying down not moving.

No exercise + white starchy foods = my highest weight ever of 285 lbs on a 5'4" frame. I'm miserable being so fat. I hate dressing for work. Never look in mirrors.

And I'm a TEACHER--so my too tight shirt or bulgy belly are totally on display to my student audience every day. UGH I can hardly think about it. They may even get glimpses of my stomach when I 'm reaching high up to write on the board!!!

In the past I've had some great help with people on diet forums. I'm hoping I can make some friends here to lean on a little.

I have to make a change! The last few day's Ive just been trying to eat healthier and less starchy. Baby steps to starting a more structured diet, maybe March 1st....

Anyway--that's my hello.
JzBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:23 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:13 PM   #3  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Oh Hon, you can join in anyplace you like ! This is a supportive forum. You'll have place to whine, laugh at yourself, and BRAG! woohoo! Get ready for some hard work ahead...

There are threads for your age group, your size, and your weight loss strategy. There's a thread for you over at the 280s and 270s, and there are some nice folks that post there--I also "see" them over on the calorie counter forum. There are contests and challenges; once you get going you might find those motivating. There are places where you can track your progress from month-to-month or holiday-to-holiday. You can even start your own thread.

Just jump in and get going! You'll be seeing your feet in no time!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

hellllew & welcome aboard the board

Why wait til March 1st? You can do something today! Have one less of something, or walk a bit more, eat some extra veggies, anything to get you feeling 'in the zone' before March 1st....
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:59 AM   #5  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome! This is a great forum. It has really helped me. I look forward to seeing your posts!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #6  

Welcome!!

Why wait till March 1st?! There is no time like the present!!!

Maybe make 1 or 2 small changes today (cut out soda? cut back on salt? add an extra veggie to your dinner?) and by the time March 1st comes next week, you'll already be on the journey! Anytime I tried to do a "start date" in the future, I binged really bad thinking it was always my last supper and I'd never eat again...

Wishing you lots of luck! Can't wait to read your updates!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:00 PM   #7  
JazziBelle

S/C/G: see ticker

Hi, thanks for the welcome!
I am starting now--I've been trying to decrease portions. More veggies, less carbs. And I parked my car at the far end of the remote lot this morning so I have to walk further!
But on March 1 I'm probably going to start Wonderslim. or a version of Ideal Protein using the Wonderslim products. I need to order some supplies, shop for lean and green meals and maybe throw out some things that I don't want to have around to tempt me to fail!
Hoping to see everyone around, and getting smaller!
JzBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

If you want to feel like a part of a community I recommend picking a thread and sticking to it on a regular basis you get to feel like you start to get to know the people. I personally hang out in the 300 club. I have a thread I post in regularily. I'm sure there are threads like that all over the place I know that for me though on a daily basis I am super busy and pretty much don't want to let-anyone-down so I've picked a "home" within this awesome website and that's works for me. I update with the same group of awesome people, we all offer each other support and it feels homey. I occasionally venture out to other parts of the forums but I make sure I check in regularly in that one place it makes me feel accountable. Hope you find a "homey" section for yourself.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Welcome and start today! Baby steps, change one thing. One good choice leads to another good choice. You can do this!!
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #10  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Welcome to the forum, Like Slient I post in the Feb. 300+ Chat Thread but Im sure you'll find a thread that feels homey to you in no time.

Last edited by Terra1984; 02-24-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:15 PM   #11  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Hi Jennifer Belle, welcome to 3FC!

I am close to your age, and have been overweight almost all my life too. Sounds like you have had your health challenges lately.

Jump in anywhere that seems to feel comfortable. The people here are very welcoming, and we all know what you are going through.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #12  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Jennifer, and welcome! You are in the right place. All of us are in the same boat, we have a weight problem and we are working very hard each day trying to get control of it.
I also like you are 5'4". I am 52 years old on my Dr. license ~ but 21 at heart.
And I also have had health issues, gall bladder out, a nasty case of shingles, and several surgeries because Crohns disease has ravaged my digestion system. I am on a low residue diet, mostly soft foods. Oh and the kicker- high doses of prednisone.
I have been working out at the local gym and watching my calories. I have placed mini goals along the way, so I don't feel so overwhelmed by all the weight I need to lose. My first mini goal is to get back under 200 Lbs. Than 10 Lbs. at a time.
Keep posting and keep us updated on your progress. We will celebrate with you each pound lost!
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote