Old 02-24-2014, 02:13 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 263/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Llilith, you are looking great!! You don't look squeezed in at all!! Happy belated Birthday!! Keeping up with exercise is a great victory, hopefully the scale will reward you for that!!

Sorry about your bad week Scarletmeshell but glad to hear you're feeling better! The weight loss will come when everything is in place and you're feeling strong again!

Well done TooWicky!! I also weighed in at 189 today!! It's been a lonnnggg time coming but finally I'm there!! I can't quite believe I am there, it doesn't feel real, and I'm nearly at 75lbs lost, which I can't believe either. Hope you're having fun on your swimsuit mission!!

CrazyCatWoman, you are like a weight-losing machine!! I doubly admire you for doing it all somewhere snowy, cold and (correct me if I'm wrong) dark for most of the winter. When did you start? Hope you have fun when your friend visits!!
jennybutler357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:08 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Lillith!!! whoohooo! You look wonderful!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:52 PM   #108  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletmeshell View Post
Thank you for the hug TooWicky! I felt it! I am feeling much better today.
Sadly my wiegh in was 200.4! damn! I am behind in my goals.

Paulitens I kn ow what you mean. I met my Valentines goal challenge and got a bit obsessed with goal and timline. I need to keep reminding myself that any loss is good.
Yes! I try to remind myself of that often.

Regardless, today was my official weight in and I was 190.8! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'll miss you guys next week (not) when I move down to the 180s thread. LOL. You know what I mean, right?

I'm so super excited!!

Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:33 AM   #109  

Paulitens Congrats! Good for you! I am 196.4 today that is down 4bls from yesterday. I guess it was water weight but it has helped motivate me.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:49 AM   #110  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

scarletmeshell - I'm sending you hugs - loss is so hard, and it creeps up when you least expect it. I'm glad you are getting back on track. Sometimes I think my mom is looking down on me getting healthier and she is glowing with pride. {{hugs}}
4 pounds down? YAY go you!!

Paulitens - those ounces add up! LOL, we will miss you too when you move to the next thread. I actually posted in there last week so maybe I'll join you soon if I am back to my 187 low in a few days. WooHOO for your 190.8!!!

TooWicky - YAY - lowest weight in ever! Your new profile pic is stunning. You are seriously a hottie - do you have to fight the guys off with a stick now?

Thanks all for the birthday wishes and the kind words about the pic! I was actually disappointed when I saw it - the tummy! But then I thought, you know what, I've worked really hard and I FELT beautiful in that outfit, so I posted it anyway. LOL.

So, my body is done punishing me for my terrible weekend eating. Yesterday, I had the worst cramps from about 10am - 8pm. I mean writhing in the bed cramps. I took a laxative, used a heating bag, took a xanax even. Finally at about 8pm the pain ended. and I pooped this morning lmao!! Thank goodness. TMI, I know. But wow I have never felt like that, except when my gallbladder died. The only thing I can think is that my body just said screw this, can't handle this much food now. Sooooo glad to feel better today.

I'm wondering, does anyone else tend to sabotage themselves after a good woosh? It seems like every time I get a woosh and see a new low, I go a little binge and I'm not as careful. It's weird, cause if I stayed totally on track I would be seeing even MORE progress. I don't know why I do that to myself.
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:16 AM   #111  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Aw man lol Llilith, sorry you had a 3000 calorie heating pad bellyache! I believe in "life happens" and want freedom to enjoy my special days. It sounds like you had an awesome weekend . You rocked that outfit; you look fantastic. Also, um no lmao I don't have to fight off the fellas. But I was thinking of how different interactions are now that I am closer to a normal weight. I have the same outgoing and chatty personality as I did before. I run the same errands and go to the same places. I live in a smaller town where I see the same employees over and over. Men treat me very differently now. My presence is actually acknowledged. There are many unsolicited salutations, chit chat, and offers of help now where before there were few. All ages of males are much more polite and friendly. It makes me disappointed inside because I'm the same person I was before . Are y'all experiencing something similar?

Paulitens way to go!!! So close to the 180s!

Female friends can be so weird about weight! My co worker was going on and on about how I looked "perfect" and shouldn't lose another pound. It annoyed me so I steered the conversation toward her own weight (she is trimmer than I am and a few years older than me.) Cornered, she had to reveal that we were the same height yet she weighs 35 lbs LESS than me. Somehow I am "too thin"... mm hmm *side eye* She sort of stammered out something about our builds being different, but she knew she was making no sense -.- My figure is looking more provocative the more weight I lose which is making a couple of my age group peers increasingly uncomfortable. Deal with it
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:39 AM   #112  

Llilith thank you so much! I love what you said about your mom! I know my son would be really proud of me and be calling me "little mama". He would also be proud I am taking a few college classes and am finally ready to go back to work and start my new job next week. Yes there are times when I have had a woosh I do over eat. Not sure why, it really makes no sense.

It is interesting how others precieve us and react to us. I have some friends that seem to not notice I have lost 50lbs. Then there are others that fear I am getting to skinny. Come on! I have another 50 to loose. I just work really hard to not let either bother me. This all is very personal to me and that is what really matters.

196.0 today. Monday was 200. something!
Old 02-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

In the past, comments about my weight loss always sent me back to the safety of food. I think I'm beyond that now, but I have to watch it. The mind/food connection is hard to break and it speaks to the self sabotage that is brought up on the forum from time to time. I dealt with a lot (2 huge boxes) of bigger clothes yesterday and the niggling thought was that I should hold on to them for when I get bigger. I'm not going to do that, they are going to the goodwill. I can't have those "backup" outfits waiting for me. I also can't get scared of the attention that the weight loss brings.

Some people are waiting for you to fall, mostly because they don't like themselves.
Some want to do what you are doing, they really do want advice and others are just happy for you. I for one can't get inside everyone's head so I have to stay in mine I have enough clutter in my own mind to worry about anybody elses.

Today I saw 189.8 on the scale, jumped off and then got back on to 191.8 I believe the second one, but I was happy to see that 18* waiting for me
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #114  
On my way to -70

Quote:
Paulitens Congrats! Good for you! I am 196.4 today that is down 4bls from yesterday. I guess it was water weight but it has helped motivate me.
Yay! I weight myself about 5 times on Monday morning and stick with the weight that showed up more consistently on the scale. I also check my weight every day just because I'm a nutjob but I really kind of ignore it because I know it fluctuates a lot from day to day; that is probably what happened to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llilith View Post

Paulitens - those ounces add up! LOL, we will miss you too when you move to the next thread. I actually posted in there last week so maybe I'll join you soon if I am back to my 187 low in a few days. WooHOO for your 190.8!!!
Yes, they do add up! Gotta keep it up! As my husband and I always say (and we even make the gesture with our hands): "It's something!"

Bahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooWicky View Post

Paulitens way to go!!! So close to the 180s!

Female friends can be so weird about weight! My co worker was going on and on about how I looked "perfect" and shouldn't lose another pound. It annoyed me so I steered the conversation toward her own weight (she is trimmer than I am and a few years older than me.) Cornered, she had to reveal that we were the same height yet she weighs 35 lbs LESS than me. Somehow I am "too thin"... mm hmm *side eye* She sort of stammered out something about our builds being different, but she knew she was making no sense -.- My figure is looking more provocative the more weight I lose which is making a couple of my age group peers increasingly uncomfortable. Deal with it
Thank you, TooWicky! I'm looking forward to the 180s! Actually one of the gazillion times I weighted myself on Monday morning the scale showed 186.8, and I was like "heck yeah!" but I knew it was not "real" so I weighted myself other times and it showed 190.8 consistently.

As for your female friends... ugh. What's with women, dude!? My best friend told me "why are you dieting so hard? You're gonna get pregnant and get fat again." Just like that. It bugged me to no end. She's taller than me, slim and athletic, she doesn't struggle with weight, and is absolutely confident about her body (I'm not any of that, and I'm working on my body image). I pretty much told her "haha, I only gained 6lbs with my last pregnancy so shove it, haha!" But I was truly meaning it. I know it's her personality; she's a go getter, a straight shooter. But I'm not that way, and I'm more sensitive than her so her lack of support bothered me. And it went on; she continued questioning why I couldn't eat avocados (my favorite), if they are "healthy fat" and that I need to eat fat to lose fat and blah blah. I love her, she's my soul sister, but she can be quite abrasive and for a more sensitive person like me who is working as hard as I am, her remarks bothered me. For a second. LOL. And then other classmates (skinny classmates, mind you), were like "you're still on that diet?" uh, yeah... I'm still on "that" diet. It's my lifestyle, and you better be on my side when I'm skinny because you won't be the hottest Argentinian in the classroom. LOL. Those are things I think and never say, of course. Hahaha! I was taught not to be rude but it doesn't mean I don't think about it.

Anyway... Thank you for sharing your little experience, because I wanted to vent about my experiences with women around me being unsupportive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsakids View Post
Today I saw 189.8 on the scale, jumped off and then got back on to 191.8 I believe the second one, but I was happy to see that 18* waiting for me

Yay!!! I will see you in the 180s thread next week, right?
Old 02-26-2014, 04:33 PM   #115  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

TooWicky - I totally get what you are saying. I'm not invisible now. It's really very sad, when I think about how it was when I was much heavier. It's like people don't want to acknowledge you cause they will be fat by association or something. It is disappointing and I feel like saying something now when people acknowledge me - but that wouldn't accomplish anything and they wouldn't get it.

My friend still isn't calling - well she did once when she wanted to have a ***** fest on the phone but it's not regular daily calls like it was before. I've decided that just **** her! If she was a real friend she would be happy for me and realize that my progress isn't a magnifying glass on her.

scarletmeshell - my kids called me that the other day. They are grown and my youngest made a big deal about the fact that she could get her hands all the way around me now. Still {{hugging}} you - and I am inspired by the fact that you are doing so much to improve your health and life in the midst of such grief. You are a strong woman!

lotsakids - get rid of those clothes! YAY! I just cleaned out my closet again and my daughters friend is here going thru them. She is thrilled with the new stuff and I'm glad to have the finality of getting rid of the too big stuff. :-)
Good point about staying in your own head! I'm gonna try to remember that, I think it will serve me well. Yay for your peek at the 180s. It will probably be there waiting for you again in the morning!

paulitens - love the "it's something" graphic - that's too cute. You'd have laughed cause I was looking at it and actually did it at my desk and said "it's something!" LOL
I don't know what the heck is with some women either. It's probably why I don't have many friends - I always get annoyed eventually. Maybe my expectations are too high. lmao at you being the hottest Argentinian in the classroom. You go girl - show em!

I was 190 today, which is better than I expected. I'm ready for another woosh, but I know it's not gonna just come. I've got to work for it and resist carbs. 180s thread next week - challenge accepted.
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:50 PM   #116  

You all just simply wonderful!
TooWicky there were many times I liked being invisible. It hard to get used to the fact that I am not. Have to be honest though, I still put up my cloaking device when I walk to the dumpster to take out the trash in my sweats. No one can see that!
Llilith Thank you so much for the hugs! I love that you said **** her! love it love it! Sometimes that is what you have to do. I had a dear friend that simply went away when my son died. I was so hurt by this but now I say **** her! ha!
Paulitins You are doing great! I am so happy to hear I am not the only scale jumper in the mornings! It is a disgrace I tell you! Fat flopping totally naked! I am a morning person and thankfully my daughter hasn't had to be subjected to that!
lotsakids Donna! congrats on getting rid of the clothes. Good for you!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:22 PM   #117  
On my way to -70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llilith View Post

paulitens - love the "it's something" graphic - that's too cute. You'd have laughed cause I was looking at it and actually did it at my desk and said "it's something!" LOL
I don't know what the heck is with some women either. It's probably why I don't have many friends - I always get annoyed eventually. Maybe my expectations are too high. lmao at you being the hottest Argentinian in the classroom. You go girl - show em!

I was 190 today, which is better than I expected. I'm ready for another woosh, but I know it's not gonna just come. I've got to work for it and resist carbs. 180s thread next week - challenge accepted.
The "it's something" is effective. LOL. I know it's a silly Internet meme but it stuck with me, and it helps me appreciate the little things.

I have a lot of female friends and one of them (she's awesome and beautiful) is bigger than me and we always joke about the boobage or our weight; I don't want our friendship to change because I'm losing weight. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable around me because I'm working to be out of the "chubby" girls' club. I'll just try to continue being my goofy me regardless of my weight; I think many people feel comfortable around me because I'm goofy and don't take myself too seriously.

I'll see you at 180s thread next week!

Quote:
Paulitins You are doing great! I am so happy to hear I am not the only scale jumper in the mornings! It is a disgrace I tell you! Fat flopping totally naked! I am a morning person and thankfully my daughter hasn't had to be subjected to that!
Hahaha! Geez... first thing I do when I get up is pee (TMI?) and check my weight. Mondays are especially exciting and sometimes I don't sleep well with the anticipation of my official weight in. I get too excited!

My husband got a gastric sleeving in August and he's been losing weight at the same pace as I have. That makes me feel great. I'm so excited because I never stuck with a diet for this long! I'm just surprised at my own little prowess, really.

Thank you for chatting with me!
Old 02-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Saw that 189 on the scale this morning and then of course hopped off and tried again. It landed on 190.6 which I'll take. Hopefully it will stick! The 190's have been around now for 2 months of up 2, down 2, up 1 down 2. It has been slooooooowwwww. Thinking I might make it to the 180's next week - we'll see!
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:48 PM   #119  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I am bouncing around with my daily weigh-ins from 189.2 to 190. I'm not staying within calorie limits (1500/day,) but I'm not going hideously over them. I think I'm eating at maintenance level. Still trying to get motivated again properly. I'm still slackin'. No one follow my example, lol.

Despite this, life is good! Inspired by you guys going through your closets, I went through mine last night. I haven't gotten rid of anything since before I started dieting, but I made a leap of faith. I had four big bags for donation. I also had three bags for a neighborhood consignment store - I dropped off a little while ago today. I was kind of surprised the consignment store took everything, but they just switched to accepting transitional and spring clothes, and she said they really could use Plus sizes! I kept a couple of pairs of 16 pants (I'm now in 14s) but I didn't keep any tops that were too large (I'm in Misses L/XL.)

How is everyone's skin faring with considerable weight loss? I am almost 50 and do not have the elasticity of younger people. A few months ago I noticed a hint of jowls on my jawline, but as I have lost weight since then, they have improved a whole lot! At some point when I lost enough weight in my face, I developed more prominent laugh lines from my nose to the sides of my mouth. Those are likely here to stay imo. I have some loose skin showing in my upper neck area which annoys me. My bat wings are smaller, but look just as bad as they ever did this last year. I am not doing arm exercises, yet, but I need to. I have a "situation" with my lower abdomen with loose skin... over time the problem area has gotten smaller and even tightened up a bit (it's not hanging over, more like 'out' now,) but it doesn't look great. I think it will still be there even when I get to my goal weight. I am not interested in plastic surgery; I will be living with whatever hand I'm dealt. I feel lucky to have gotten this much cooperation from my skin as far as trying to retract a little. If I sound unhappy, please know that I'm super relieved I have gotten as much skin tightening as I have. I sure wish I had tried to lose this weight 10 years ago, though!
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:26 PM   #120  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

198 pounds and happy to under 200. Would like to get under 190 in the next month.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote