Old and busted: the 190s. New hotness: Getting out of the 190s.

You're on Page 5 of 34
Go to
  • Welcome kabaker!

TooWicky - less than hubby? nice! I asked Mr. Lllilith what I had to weigh before he would carry me down the hall. LMAO. I just got a look, so we'll see. :P

I have had a hard few days too. We got a big snowstorm here in the Pacific Northwest, and I made bread. Oh glorious wonderful bread. How I have missed you!! Anyway, it hasn't been good for me and I was 191 yesterday. I didn't go very overboard and stayed within calories but I know that the best diet isn't bread for breakfast and bread for lunch - with BUTTER. sigh. Buy, boy was it good.

I finished the squat challenge and compared side by side butt pics. OMG there is a noticeable difference - so much so that I've committed to 100 per day from now on. I started a 30-day plank challenge yesterday - it starts with 30 seconds and works up to 3 minutes by the end. So far so good - I didn't have much trouble doing 30 seconds.

I really, really want to be 185 by my birthday (Feb 22). I'm not sure if I'll get there but it will really make me smile if I do. :-)

Yet another reason to get in shape - behind daughters wedding and hawaii trip: I talked hubby into going to Motley Crue this summer. Oh wow, there are going to be so many inappropriately dressed 40+ women there haha. I plan to be one of them.
  • Hello, ladies! I just left the 200s last week and I am 196 and SO ready to leave the 190s!! LIKE... RIGHT NOW! So excited!!!

• Paulitens!

CrazyCatWoman, I am totally ignorant of wintertime pursuits - I would never have known skis were weighted to the user. Have you made plans to purchase new skis? We get all sorts of new stuff when we lose weight

Llilith, congratulations on your new butt The thought of side by side derriere pics crack me up, but the camera doesn't lie so it's very useful to have them! Sometimes I wonder what the authorities would think if I went missing and they scoured my phone and computer for clues. I can picture my butt selfies thumb-tacked on the bulletin board at a task force meeting, connected by string to the endless, morose front and side view photos, baha! I personally would love a new butt in 30 days. This is making squats sound more appealing.

My wish for today is that I recapture the weight loss enthusiasm and drive I had when I was 10 lbs heavier. I feel at risk of diet burnout at the moment. For health reasons, I would like to reach my goal weight, which is an additional loss of roughly 15 lbs.

• Welcome, Paulitens Exciting to get into a new thread, isn't it?

Llilith, good job with the squats! 100 a day, wow! I'm glad you're seeing results from it And the homemade bread with butter sounds wonderful, perfect for stormy, snowy days. I haven't made bread in months, used to make it all the time. I've come to terms with the fact that my favorite food group (grains/starches) is the one that I need to avoid, but I still do love my bread and whatnot when I do let myself have it.

Looks like I'll be leaving this thread soon. This morning I weighed in at 190. Met my goal of 190 by Valentine's Day and I earned myself another bunny for my signature And this is what I weighed when I got married! I will keep posting in here though until my scale says I'm in the 180s.
  • I am still hanging around the 190s. My husband just got back from being out to sea for a month and was craving a local pizza place. I know how bad the food can be on his ship so I couldn't deny him his wish. Needless to say I didn't have the healthiest dinner last night. Oh well, today is a new day and I can try and be extra good!
  • TooWicky, your post made me giggle. butt selfies LOL

Down to 191.4, we'll see if it sticks this time...
  • Welcome kabaker and paulitens!!

Well done TooWicky for getting to the 180s! And weighing less than hubby! My hubby is pretty tall but he's still lower than me...I wanted to know, does it take great resolve to ignore lower mid-week weigh-ins in favor of your official day? haha to the police bulletin board full of butt selfies!

Congrats on the new butt profile Llilith! I'm building up by 5 a day, did 100 this morning and I'm feeling some aches right now, plus my ribs are hurting so bad! It hurts when I sneeze and laugh, I did pilates with a swiss ball yesterday again and it seemed fine but I must have woken up some new muscles that didn't like it! Oh but that home made bread, sounds divine and the smell wafting through your kitchen..mmmm!

HuggerBunny, well done on getting to 190 and for your extra bunny!

And kabaker, I think welcoming hubby back from a month at sea is a pizza-worthy occasion if ever I heard one!

Woo lotaskids, we're neck and neck!
  • Welcome Paulitens!

TooWicky - lmao at the butt selfiess on the task force bulletin board. You crack me up!! About reclaiming the diet enthusiasm: You so got this! Think of how far you have come! I just noticed your ticker note - about being no longer obese - that is AMAZING. Do you really have to lose this next 15 pounds or are you really at a healthy weight for your body now? If so, don't worry so much - give yourself permission to relax for a bit maybe and see how you go? I am hoping to learn some things from you about how maintenance is - I wonder what that will be like. I have quite a ways to go before that.

HuggerBunny - Congrats on meeting your Vday goal! So cool to see your same wedding weight, and yay for another bunny in your sig. I love when I get to add to mine! I'll see you soon in the next thread. :-)

kabaker - Oh pizza how I love thee. Seriously, I am a pizza freak. I have just adjusted my habits and make room in my calorie plan for it now. Today is a new day, like you said. You got this! Besides, now that hubby is back - think of all the calories you can burn. (yes, I mean that LOL) I know this is TMI, but I try to 'drive' more now - I figure I might as well burn more calories if I can. Hubby doesn't seem to mind LOL.

lotsakids - 191.4! Go YOU. 80 pounds gone, you rock. That's 320 sticks of butter - wowza!

Jenny - do you do all of your squats at once? I can't do more than 50 at a time. Some days 25. I figure they all count, as long as I get them done.

I am 188.6 today, that's one pound down from last week - so the bread didn't win. YAY. I think my 185 by bday goal is possible. I would love to weight less at 46 than I did at 25! I'm gonna do it.
  • Pizza.... I eat pizza but I make the crust with cauliflower. Yummy yumminess. I eat low carb and gluten free so I HAD to find something I could make my pizza with

On another note, I have sliced radishes cooking in the oven - they taste a lot like potatoes! Who knew??
  • I've never heard of such a thing - cauliflower crust? Do you have a link for the recipe? I always order my pizza with cheese and veggies now. It's amazing how many calories pepperoni and sausage add. Plus if I order veggie pizza, the kids leave it alone and I actually get some LOL.

I love radishes - never thought of trying them hot.

Isn't it weird the stuff we eat now that we never thought we'd try before?
  • Radishes taste nothing like radishes once they are cooked. I sliced some tonight with butter and salt, total yum. They do turn a bit pink, but if that bothers you then peel them first.

There is a cauliflower pizza crust in the low carb recipes-
    I've also subbed zuchinni for the cauliflower. They take whatever flavor you put with them so they are really good as pizza crust.

http://slimpalate.com/cauliflower-to...e-gluten-free/
    has a tortilla you can make

you can google cauliflower pizza crust and several pop up. I tend to freestyle mine.

here's one
    http://yourlighterside.com/2009/05/r...pizza-dough-2/

and another

http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/c...-crust-recipe/

hope its okay to post these!!
  • Lotsakids, that's really interesting about the radishes! Do you just toss them with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roast until tender? I'll have to try that!

Also, I do pizza one of two ways. The first way is definitely cheating. Two or three times a week, I have a low carb tortilla. You can make pretty darned good pizza by toasting the tortilla on both sides in the oven, then spread pizza sauce on top (I just mix a small can of tomato sauce with some herbs and spices, no sugar added that way), sprinkle with a bit of cheese, then whatever toppings. Stick back in the oven for a few minutes, then slice it up. If you pre-toast the tortilla, it's nice and crisp rather than floppy. Yum!

The other thing I do is make pizza chicken. It's rather like chicken parmesan, but with pizza toppings added. I preheat the oven to 350, grease a pan, sprinkle both sides of thinly cut chicken filets (you can buy them thinly cut) with dried Italian herbs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, place a tiny cube of butter on each one (we're talking like half a teaspoon of butter for each piece of chicken), then bake in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes or until cooked through. Then top each filet with pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings, and bake for about 5 more minutes.

Why is pizza so good?! The other day I told my husband that I could probably have pizza every day and never get tired of it, because there are so many variations and different types of crust.
  • lilith- Oh you bet I burned some of those calories later on! You crack me up!
  • Hi everyone,

jennybutler357, shew, yes, it can be a real drag adhering to my official weigh-in day as my official tracking when I have been lower during the week, lol. On the other hand, there have been weeks when I've been higher and my official weigh-in day has been the lowest day, so I guess the two balance each other out ;P I have been tracking my weight loss officially since July - I can't even count the number of times when I've been discouraged by a bounce up in lbs, but then I look at my weight tracking list, and I can see steady progress. It keeps me motivated for sure. Sometimes I change my ticker up or down during the week when the mood strikes, but I don't always change it day to day.

Llilith, the goal weight I chose for myself is not a Normal BMI for my height. Rather, it's right in the middle of the Overweight BMI range for my height. So I have almost 15 more lbs to go to my goal. I felt great and looked fine when I was at that weight before. I was last at 175 lbs at about age 31/32. I consider it a realistic weight for me to maintain in life while mitigating health risks from obesity. I might change my mind when I get to goal weight, though, assuming I do eventually get there.

HuggerBunny, okay that was really helpful the advice about toasting the tortilla. I am a remedial cook to put it diplomatically, lol. I have been wanting to make a lower calorie homemade pizza for myself, but I can't seem to find a lower calorie way. I saw low carb tortillas at my grocery store yesterday. They were double the cost of regular tortillas, but they did have the lowest calories. On another thread, I saw where they used, erm, you know the popcorn seasoning shakers? They used a cheese shaker for the cheese "flavoring" for homemade pizza and then piled it high with veggies in order to eliminate the cheese calories. I wonder if that would be a disaster or if it would be tasty. I am going to give it a try.

lotsakids, I am going to give the cauliflower pizza crust a try as well. Thank you for mentioning this!

kabaker, happy to hear your husband is home after a month, and also happy to hear that you treated him and yourself to a special pizza dinner!!

I had a surprisingly good mid-week weigh in this morning (189.4) It is encouraging to see a number in the 180s again. I am still waiting on this being a permanent thing, though, since I am bouncing over and under 190 as of late.
  • Hello Everyone!
    I am missed a lot from cauliflower pizza crust to butt selfies!

lotsakids- Donna how do you cook the radishes?

ToWicky I bought a new scale. Sadly it was weighing the same as my old one but was more consitant. But today 194.6!!!!!!!

Everyone is doing great!