Old and busted: the 190s. New hotness: Getting out of the 190s.

You're on Page 29 of 34
Go to
  • Guys, I totally agree with you. THE 180s!!! Seriously, as an adult, my LOWEST WEIGHT has been 173. I was there for a few weeks before gaining steadily again to my highest weight of 265 (within 2 years! Marriage, job change, the works). When I was 175 - 185, I felt 'normal' - do you know what I mean? Just like everyone else. I felt positively skinny at 175. To me, getting to the 180s and 185 in particular is like a dream. Hey, right now, I'm only about 15 pounds from my 'skinniest' weight! And I'm going to bust on past it to my 165 goal.

We can do this! to bust through to the 180s this month!!
  • I'm so glad you guys can relate!!! I'm also curious how old you two are. No need to answer, I'm just curious I'm 27!

Typing this from the gym. Ugh I hate hate hate strength training...
  • 191.6 this morning! Only a .4 drop from last week, but I was SO happy to see the 191s. And considering the weight training this month, I was happy to see a loss at all. Woohoo!

Heading to the DC are this weekend. I picked up some trail mix, plus I have an apple and cucumber to snack on this evening while traveling. Hopefully I can stay mostly in control while having fun
  • Noname - don't mind at all. I'm 38! CONGRATS on a great weigh-in! It's always hard when you're away from your plan for a while, so that's really good! I think you have a great plan for being out of town this weekend. That's always so hard, so having a plan in place is half the battle! Have a great time!

I hear you on the strength training, but for me it's Spin. I *know* it's good for me, but...and this morning, we MAXED OUT the tension on our bikes. That's right - all the way up. Crazy! I hate it, but it has totally leaned out my legs. That's how I can fit into some of my 10s when I'm still at this higher weight!

Okay, guys, I have some news. Last week I gained 1.4 pounds, to put me at 192. Stress from the big party and prep, unhealthy snacking, etc. No big deal, got right back on track Tuesday this week. I weighed in today, at...

Now, I'm not 'counting' it yet or changing my ticker. If I'm still in the 180s next Friday, I will. I'm still in shock!!
  • Hey Ladies!!!

Frances123 you beat me to the punch. I too had a "miracle weigh-in". I saw 189 today! Totally unexpected!!--at the most, I was hoping to just still be 190 today. So my first peek at the next decade ! I deserve it too--especially after yesterday's willpower struggle....
    So last night, I was up way late and got so hungry--like a hungry I have not had in recent memory--so I am like what the ****??!! Why am I so hungry?? So my mind wanders to the cheesecake in the fridge , and I start to rationalize that this was definitely "real" hungry, not a moment when I am just eating to be eating or eating to fulfill a craving--plus my workout was so intense today maybe my body needs the cheesecake . Then I remembered that I had darn near maxed out my calories for the day and I surely did not have near enough for cheesecake. So I argued with myself for what felt like an hour!!!--Angry tummy and all! I was not going to step in that kitchen until I resolved to eat something that was not "junk food".
    I eventually got so angry at myself, I stomped my behind to the fridge and grabbed the first thing that would fly in the face of the fat girl in my head--LETTUCE! I stood there looking at the lettuce for about a minute, as I tried to figure out what I was going to do with it, when suddenly I angrily unraveled the lettuce a bit and pulled out a large portion of the center and commenced to chomp on it! Like I was punishing my fat girl! Angry chomping! With what I am sure was an ugly face!
    I ate feeling triumphant?? Cause' Gosh, the non leafy portions of lettuce have kind of an interesting taste...Anywho, as the fat girl in my head laughed and said "You will not get full off of that grass you are eating!" "At least put some salad dressing on it!" Within a minute or two I found out that she was wrong, because my tummy stop grumbling and I could think straight again!

So I smiled last night as I proved fat girl wrong--and smiled this morning, she lost once again! I beat her at a really weak moment when I truly thought she would win. And you know what?? I am planning a commemorative week of this moment by incorporating all types of lettuces in my meals, in new and interesting ways! Sorry broccoli...lettuce will be playing king for a bit .

nonameslob With the anonymity of the internet I will answer that honestly, because I have hated getting older since like 13. But I just turned 28 on June 24th.
  • MarliQQ - WOOOOOOO, we did it!! Congrats! Are you waiting until your official weigh-in on Tuesday to count it?

Ha! I know that food struggle. I'm glad you chose the lettuce! I have not done quite as well, but not bad: I made homemade fruit sauce for ice cream this week, so I've had a heaping tablespoon of vanilla ice cream + 1 - 2 tablespoons of the sauce every night. Just a little treat, but I'm so glad it's gone now. Back to being super strict so I'll still really be in the 180s on my official weigh-in this Thurs/Fri!

Noname- hope you had a good weekend away!

And I *did* change my ticker...couldn't help it!
  • Frances123 Yes I am waiting until tomorrow before actually "tickerizing" it . I saw your ticker too!!! Bet that felt good! So excited to finally be seeing 180's on the scale!!! Oh! and about your ice cream---a tbsp!! It kills me to have to do 1/4 cup sometimes! Never would I subject myself to a tbsp--even with yummy sauce on top ! You have a lot ofin that body!
  • Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow! I weighed in at 188 even this morning - down .6 pounds from Friday - looks like I will be officially joining the 180s thread this Friday! Fingers crossed! I hope you both will be there with me! Or hey, I can hang out here for a while until we're all ready to cross over!

So, a little splurge for me...I love many Modcloth dresses, but they're kind of pricey. I found a really cute one on clearance for $50 and bought it yesterday. UK size 12 = US size 8/10. I'm a 12 now, hoping that I'll be a solid 8/10 when I hit my goal of 160 - 165...super excited!
  • both of you on reaching the 180s!!!!

I'm a little farther behind than I'd like, but I believe I am still on track to get there by the end of the month. I went overboard this weekend, but it was worth it. I had such a great time with some old and new friends. We did an awful lot of drinking (way too much, whew, it was like college all over again) and because I was away all weekend, all my meals were eaten out, and since I was drinking I wasn't making smart decisions LOL But I did skip some meals. I was super bloated and uncomfortable because of all of it, but I'm feeling much more back to normal today.

Going to the beach this weekend! I usually don't eat much at the beach, too hot So I'm not worried about that. We'll be camping so I can plan most of the meals ahead. I did get my brand new bathing suit in the mail yesterday and was stoked by how well it fit! I ordered the bottoms a size "smaller" than what I thought would fit (I planned to wear the top with some bottoms I already had, until I lost more weight and could fit the new bottoms) but they actually fit perfectly. I was happy about that

Frances - oh yay for Modcloth!!! Do share a picture. I saw a gorgeous dress from there the other day I was DROOLING over, but trying to hold off. Great idea to order one as a "goal" dress

Marli - good for you for sticking it to your hunger!
  • I think it's totally fine to splurge! It might not even show up on the scale for you! Just might take a few days to even out, that's all.

Congrats for the beach/new suit! I'm going to the beach too, in 2 weeks. I haven't been to the beach - in a swimsuit - for 20 years. Seriously. If I went, I always wore a t-shirt and shorts. I'm super excited about the swimsuit.

I'm not quite sure how to post pictures..but here goes...if it doesn't work, go to Modcloth.com and look up 'piece of the sky dress'. .http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses...x1oaAorn8P8HAQ
  • Hey Ladies!

I have good news and bad news. The bad first--TOM is here! Boooooo! Hisssss!! Yuup! So I have no idea what this week will look like, and I am bummed that again I underestimated how fast TOM would get here...On the flip side, the good news is that today I reached a new low....drum roll please: ....187!!!!
    So yeah, I am super excited but then bummed about TOM...

Frances123 I am pretty sure that I am firmly in 180's just based on my previous patterns. 187 is a pretty awesome bounce point and cushion, chances are mighty slim that I will be seeing 190 again . I will hold off from posting in 180's thread until you are ready though!

nonameslob College was awesome for me, so if you compared your weekend to college, you gained awesome pounds !!! Don't feel bad!
    Oh! and because I know you will need company while you lose those awesome pounds. In the spirit of #awesomecollege I will pledge my support here until you graduate! No man left behind! So yeah I'll just post here and in the 180's thread, because I know this thread would be crickets. I keep tabs on the Onederland thread and I don't recall any of them being near the low end of the thread. So once you leave, this thread will more than likely be dead for a while...
  • Frances that dress is adorable! You must be so excited! What an awesome way to motivate yourself

Marli you are too sweet. I was thinking the same thing - I really don't think there is anyone close to getting out of the 200s either. Oh well, I guess I will just have to speed things up a bit YAY for 187! So exciting! I hope TOM is kind to you so that you don't have to see this dreaded decade ever again lol

Can't wait to graduate from this thread :P

I might need to have a word with whoever runs the 3FC blog. There's a picture of really yummy looking carbs on the front page right now...ugh craving!!!
  • MarliQQ - Hooray! 187!

I think we all agree to keep hanging out in here until we're all ready to move to the 180s forum! I may dip my toe in there too. I noticed that many in there are in the 170s and waiting until they're all ready to move forward to the next group.

I'm at 187 today too and super excited...but I have TOM coming up next week too. Hopefully the scale won't bounce too much.

Hooray for us!!
  • Aw you guys are too sweet, and honestly it's motivated me anymore! I have to get out of here ASAP so that we can all move on officially! :P

Had a kinda crummy workout last night. I was running short on time so I only did a 10 minute warmup before moving to my strength routine (I usually do 20 min. of cardio first). Then I cut my strength routine short because some guy was on the machine I needed and I didn't want to wait. Oh, well. I am going to go back tonight to do extra cardio and use the machine I didn't get to last night.

I've seriously cut back on my cardio this month to focus on strength. It's been going great, but I think next month I will definitely be upping the cardio again. I kind of miss it - it's where I get all my reading done!
  • Hey Ladies.

Holding steady at 187. With TOM here, I am being extra good. I don't want to give him any excuse to make me gain more than I should. I will say this though, TOM strangely has not been accompanied by an increased appetite, which is usually the case the week before and of TOM. I mean I know I had the "lettuce event" but it was an isolated moment, and my TOM appetite is an everyday thing. The only thing I can think of is that maybe since I ate so much more during my rest week, that my body is more "satisfied"? :shrugs:
    Either way I'll still pat myself on the back...

nonameslob I think the saying goes: The only bad workout is the one you didn't do . Do what works for you, no matter how long it takes, because scale loss is fun, but I like it most when the inches come off in those "good" places. You know--the places that didn't look quite right before, but now you find yourself googling in the mirror, and yelling "GET IT GIRL!!", or maybe that last part is just me, but you know what I mean .

Frances123 Well, it will be a race to lose a little more before "bloat season", that way you won't get so discouraged. Or hopefully you'll have a more well-mannered TOM like I am having, because he is certainly being much nicer to me this time around .