180lbs and in need of boosting weightloss rate!

• Hello everyone!

I'm in need of some advice! i'll give you a brief introduction and weight history.

I'm 23 years old and I have been overweight most of my life. In 2011 before my 21st birthday I made a serious choice to lose weight and try and get fit. Bear in mind that prior to this I had tried all kinds of fad diets and joined gyms but never went.

I decided to go on the cambridge diet which included soups, shakes and one healthy protein and vegetable meal a day. I also worked out at the gym everyday. Over 3 months I lost about 15 kg, dropping from 95kg to 80kg. I had just graduated from uni and started work and keeping a healthy diet and gym routine got worse and worse.

I yo-yo'd between 80 and 85kg for the next 2 years and in Nov 2013 I decided that I was going to get back on my healthy living and work out routine. Maintaining a healthy diet (nothing radical like cambridge) and work out 5 days a week.

I have been doing this for about 3 months now and I'm finding it extremely hard to see a difference on the scale. So far I have only lost about 2 and a half kilos and my goal being to lose 20kg overall this seems to be going at a very slow pace. I've been on 2 5-day juice fasts in the last 2 months, I have salads for lunch and high protein meals for dinner with no carbs except for on my cheat day. My work out routine consists on 1 weight training day and 4 days of cardio. I sprained my ankle quite badly just as I was getting into running so I haven't done that for a while now but going to get back to this next week.

I've also been reading alot on the cardio vs weight training and a lot of people seem to recommend increasing weight training and doing cardio to support the work out routine. Although I have lost about 2 inches off my waist, I want to lose more and have a toned curvy body!

So after all this! Have any of you had similar experiences and what would you recommend I do to get back on the right track?!