Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 06:14 PM   #301  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Uber - That's what I did. I spent 2 weeks just getting used to the smaller portions and healthier foods again. Once I was sure I wasn't starving to death (apparently feeling satiated vs over-full = starving to death to me), I'm now adding in a little exercise. 30 minutes a few times a week to start.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:07 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeraFilia View Post
Uber - That's what I did. I spent 2 weeks just getting used to the smaller portions and healthier foods again. Once I was sure I wasn't starving to death (apparently feeling satiated vs over-full = starving to death to me), I'm now adding in a little exercise. 30 minutes a few times a week to start.
Excellent. I'm also planning to add exercise soon. In the long run, exercise helps manage my nerves which helps me manage overeating.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #303  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

FeraFilia: Nice work on the exercise! That's great!

Uber: Glad it is going well for you! You're starting with the most important part, so that's great getting your eating in check. I struggle with that the most! If I didn't make myself record my calories, I'd be even worse.

Went back to the gym today, first time this week. It felt great to be back there. Back on track!
Old 05-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #304  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
FeraFilia: Nice work on the exercise! That's great!

Went back to the gym today, first time this week. It felt great to be back there. Back on track!
Excellent! That's a great feeling!

I'm pretty pumped as I'm off to a swift start-- I've already dropped 4 lbs of course I know a lot of it is water, but it's such a great feeling. I had the initial shock of changing scales and realizing my start weight was 5 pounds heavier than I thought. So now I'm one pound above where I thought I was when I started. The one great thing about restarting is how quick the weight comes off at first! The trick for me is going to be to stick with it. Since the regain, I've had a problem of sailing along for the first two weeks and then getting derailed. I want to be back where I was in 2010-2011 by June 2015. That gives me a whole year to get it back off. I think I can do it!!!!!
Old 05-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #305  
~*Mandy*~

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I did it! 10 pounds gone as of this morning's weigh in!

Uber - That first week I finally got started losing again, my water-drop was over 6 pounds. It's a fantastic jump start to keep you motivated and keep moving!

You should look into a small rewards system. I'm an avid reader so after a discussion with the hubby, I get to buy a new book for one of the various series that I read every time I hit a 10 pound loss. Just a little something extra to work for.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:49 PM   #306  

Quote:
SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I did it! 10 pounds gone as of this morning's weigh in!
Ten pounds! That is so super!!!!! Congratulations! I LOVE the idea of getting a new book too. I'm also a big reader.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:36 PM   #307  
Diane

Good news from Uber and Fera! Glad you are doing so well!!

I'm weighing on Monday, so we'll see if I have good news to report, too!
Old 05-31-2014, 05:16 PM   #308  
~*Mandy*~

Got my FitBit!

Now I just need to *use* it so it's not a waste of money. I love the flower thing. The more you move, the more it grows.

Good luck on your weigh in Diane!
Old 05-31-2014, 08:56 PM   #309  

Quote:
Got my FitBit!

Now I just need to *use* it so it's not a waste of money. I love the flower thing. The more you move, the more it grows.

Can't wait to hear how the fitbit works out for you.

I'm happy that I'm right on track to finish up day 5 of my restart.

Today actually was much easier-- yesterday I was starving. Seeing great downward motion on the scale, but my "official" weigh in won't be until Tues.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #310  
Wanna Be

S/C/G: 272/265/155

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

Back again - things have been very busy here - but glad you all are still here and doing so well. Welcome to the new folks!

Got a new bike this month and have started exercising again. Trying to pay attention more to how I feel when I eat certain foods - remembering the foods that make me feel good afterwards - like salads and vegetables.

Between ups and downs, lost 2 3/4 lbs in May. Need to do well in June, going on vacation in July! Anyone else motivated by trying to fit better into an airplane seat?
Old 06-01-2014, 03:47 PM   #311  
~*Mandy*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousFifty View Post
Between ups and downs, lost 2 3/4 lbs in May. Need to do well in June, going on vacation in July! Anyone else motivated by trying to fit better into an airplane seat?
ME!

Well, not so much an airplane seat, but *definitely* a roller coaster seat/harness.

And a loss (any loss) is better than a gain, so be happy about that!
Old 06-02-2014, 01:29 AM   #312  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousFifty View Post
Anyone else motivated by trying to fit better into an airplane seat?
Oh my gosh, me! Back in 2011 I was maintaining at about 190, but I regained up to 260-- but each time I've crept up over that, I force myself back down because above 260 I'm just not comfortable in airplanes. Now at 180-190, I fit with tons of room to spare. There is NOTHING worse than worrying about fitting on an airplane!

I'm super-pissed right now as I went out for dinner, not even because I really wanted to. Wasn't sure what to order, so I picked the turkey burger-- asked for no fries. I had plenty of calories left to play with because I had was very much on target-- so I get home and look up the turkey burger. 950 calories!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean seriously? What kind of turkey burger has 950 calories in it. Learned that lesson! Very bad restaurant choice-- even the "delightful" choices are incredibly calorie laden.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:53 AM   #313  
Diane

Hi all! Had a good weigh in this morning. I lost 2.6 last week. I'm close to being where I was back in 2010, when I started the regain. Only 3 more pounds. Still a ways to go overall yet, but I'd like to hit that mini-goal!

Uber: Oh I know what you mean. It is so hard unless you can really take the time before you go out to eat somewhere to look it all up. What a pain. It is just amazing how high the calories can be in certain foods.

Fab50: Good to see you! Glad you had a loss for May, that is always a good thing.

FeraFilia: How's the fitbit? I have a friend here at work who has one. She loves it!

Have a good week everyone!
Old 06-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #314  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Hi all! Had a good weigh in this morning. I lost 2.6 last week. I'm close to being where I was back in 2010, when I started the regain. Only 3 more pounds. Still a ways to go overall yet, but I'd like to hit that mini-goal!

Uber: Oh I know what you mean. It is so hard unless you can really take the time before you go out to eat somewhere to look it all up. What a pain. It is just amazing how high the calories can be in certain foods.

Fab50: Good to see you! Glad you had a loss for May, that is always a good thing.

FeraFilia: How's the fitbit? I have a friend here at work who has one. She loves it!

Have a good week everyone!

Diane: congratulations on the good weigh in. So great that you are back to your 2010 weight! I was thinking the other day that we always complain that weight gain is so fast and loss so slow, but really, you can lose 100lb in a year even if that 100lb took 20 years to gain. If you think of it that way, it's not so bad.

Official weigh in for me is tomorrow morning. Have a good day everyone!
Old 06-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #315  
~*Mandy*~

Uber - it's not the turkey burger that had all the calories. It was the butter coated grilled bun, the mayo, the cheese, the breadcrumbs and eggs for filler in the burger, etc. All that stuff they have to throw in there to make turkey burgers palatable (I'm not a fan of ground turkey). Don't worry about it, too much. Going off plan once in a while isn't going to derail the long term. Might mess up the trend a bit with water retention from the sodium in restaurant food (currently has my fingers swollen from Mexican food last night), but in the grand scheme, even going over by 1000 on one day, if you're restricting your calories to lose 2 pounds a week, all that would do is have you maintain your weight, and just for that day. Most people are of the belief that weight loss will work with a rolling 7 day average of calories. So if you still have a deficit for the last 7 days, you'll still lose weight (even if the sodium bloat doesn't allow you to see it!) Stress not chickie, get back to it today and you'll be fine.

Diane - I'm loving my Fitbit! According to the website, I've walked over 7 miles since I put it on for the first time on Saturday! Looking forward to trying to keep up the average of 3+ miles a day!

Last edited by FeraFilia; 06-02-2014 at 01:34 PM. Reason: i spel gud.
Closed Thread