Old 01-14-2014, 09:42 PM   #16  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

...canned fish. I can't believe it took me so long to find. It does it all. Weight loss. Maintenance (just eat more). Protein. Omega 3s. Vitamins. Minerals. Iron. Low calorie. And fits all budgets. From a dollar can of sardines and kippers up to my favorites...$11/can of jumbo lump crab or smoked sturgeon.

Perfectly portioned. Keeps for years. Cooked. Nutritional information right on the side of the can (rarely disappoints).

And best of all, yummy.

Steel oats for breakfast (they are a close second Slimjem) with a can of kippers and 3-5 cans of fish mixed with a salad for lunch and I am good to go.

Today, was kippers for breakfast, smoked salmon, jumbo lump crab and baby prawns for lunch.

Tomorrow, will be kippers for breakfast and (most probably) smoked sprats, clams and cockles for lunch.

Last edited by IanG; 01-14-2014 at 09:50 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:59 AM   #17  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattience View Post

Wine: I like a glass of wine (a cupful) in the late afternoon. It serves to tide me over til dinner an hour or so later and it doesn't fuel an appetite or binge and its naughty but a lot safer than lollies, cake, ice-cream etc.
Oh that's brilliant. I use it for the after-the-baby-is-in-bed-and-I-want-to-eat-a-tub-of-ice-cream time.

I can't believe I forgot the FitBit! Yes! That's awesome.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:24 AM   #18  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

My fitbit. Cause I couldn't find it. I really needed the MFP exercise calories today too. It makes me want to take the stairs.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Leslie Sansone, keeps me moving when the snow is on the ground!
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:11 PM   #20  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Can't live without/couldn't have done it without:

coming to 3FC every day, maybe not posting but reading for sure!

steel cut oats! I went from having a McDonald's coffee & muffin every morning for breakfast at work, to making a big pot of oatmeal on Sunday night and putting it into 5 small mason jars with walnuts & cranberries and taking 1 to work every day

my HULA HOOP!!!!! I didn't find it til I was at goal, but it's helped me maintain and to be happy and foolish
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:44 PM   #21  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I really like cheese sticks. Cheese was the one thing I absolutely could not part with, and the 80 calorie servings help with portion control immensely.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:30 AM   #22  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 256/125

Height: 5"3

These are awesome tips here guys! I am a newbie to this site and threads like this are super helpful. I am using my fitness pal for my tracker this time instead of spending a tonne of money on weight watchers or some other plan. I am going to have to make use of my iphone for apps for exercise, what an awesome idea
sweetpeony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:09 AM   #23  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I couldn't do/have done without the following tools:

- my calorie counting app (I use one called Tap n Track),
- my food scale (I travel a lot and still never go anywhere without it).
- 3FC (I always do better when I log in regularly and read all you motivated folks).
- my Fitbit (makes me get up and walk around more).
- my HRM (those calorie burn estimates motivate me to work harder or longer like nothing else).

Food wise, I couldn't do without veggies. Whether stirfried or raw in salads, they help me bulk up my meals for limited calories like nothing else. My little half cup of basmati rice can be 2 cups of food with some stirfried cabbage, carrot, zucchini and peppers. Or a large lettuce, carrot, cabbage, celery, radish salad can add some tasty volume to a small meal with low-cal dressing. Added bonus, they keep you regular which can be an issue when you're dieting/cutting back on food quantities.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:19 AM   #24  

I couldn't do without...

- Honestly...biggest thing is my family.
They have challenged me, encouraged me, pushed me, loved me, accepted me, and understood me more than anyone else in the world. When I was eating and gaining weight I would yell and fight with them...wanting to be left alone to be miserable and eat...but they never gave up on me...even to today. There's no WAY I'd be where I am today (active, healthy, alive, and going strong) without them. Definitely "something" I could never live without.

2. My food scale. When I'm hungry, tired, grumpy, or even happy there's NO WAY I'd be able to accurately judge how much I should really eat. Weight it, eat it...satisfied and still on goal.

3. My dog and my fitness/workout buddy...haha! When I don't wanna run or I'm tired or I'm just not feeling it...they are there to kick my butt and tell me it's not a choice...and not only are we going to work out...we are going to *kill it*!!! Yup LOL

Last edited by RideRunRepeat; 01-26-2014 at 09:20 AM.
RideRunRepeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #25  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

IanG I LOVE KIPPERS! I am with you on a good canned fish. lol.

These are all great points! Mine are right in line.
1. Support from my friends and family. I am a chatty Cathy and bing around people that are cool enough to listen and even seem INTERESTED is so great.

2. Weight Watchers and 3fc: It has all the things I need. Accountability, technology, freedom, and support.

3. My Polar HRM. It cost a pretty penny, but it's beautiful and I use it everytime I workout.

Last edited by smashlers; 01-26-2014 at 10:59 AM.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #26  
Plodding Along

S/C/G: 182/-/126

Height: 5'3"

I couldn't live without:

-my bf, who kicks me up the arse when I want to eat badly
-3FC, which helps because it's inspiring to read other peoples success stories and see how far you've all come. It basically keeps me going.

Food wise, couldn't live without toast and crisps. Healthy food wise, can't do without All-Bran and hummus.
FrancesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:49 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Vegetables. Let's hear it for (virtually) calorie-free fibre!
WahineByTheSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:21 PM   #28  
Food and Wine Lover

S/C/G: Goal Weight: 125

Height: 5'3"

My weight loss tracker I created on Excel. I enter all my info there, calories eaten, bmr and exercise calories burned, then I have a calculation to track the projected weight loss. It's mostly accurate and makes me accountable.

I just installed the my fitness partner app, want to see why people love it so much
Chardonnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:43 PM   #29  
FIGHTER

S/C/G: 296/TICKER/178

Height: 5'5''

if anyone wants to add me on myfitness my username is charitymarie413
CharityMarie is offline   Reply With Quote