Old 01-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 276/206/175

Default 45 years old life change

Here it goes.. I have lost a lot of weight 3 different times. Only to be right back to my starting point. Since 1994 I have lost 100 lbs 3 different times.. I find myself in 2014 now 45 years old starting this journey all over again. The last times I did all the wrong things to lose weight. I do mean whatever it took. This time around I am NOT looking for a fast weight loss. I would like to make real changes . Work thru why I really over eat. Learn real nutrition. Exercise I know is a must. Not a big fan. Right now I have back , leg & hip issues. So I am just trying to move more. When I lose a little weight maybe I can hold up. I am not a couch potato. I am pretty active for my size. But my size is holding me back a lot. My diet plan... I really do not have one. I am cutting out all soda.. I do have one cup of coffee in the morning. I learning to drink water. I am watching my carb intake and my calories. This time around I am not gonna weigh everyday. I have not been on the scales since last week. Going to try to wait as long as I can. I am one to get so discouraged. Also for me the scales always made me want to do anything to see a weight loss. I just would like to focus on how I feel. My goal is by 50 years old I will feel better than ever. This will be a long journey for me. SO many issues to work out. I am committed to this life change.
sweetbamagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/172/150

Height: 5'2"

its ok..Take a deep breath. Calm down..It is a long journey u are planning to undertake. It is gonna take time. U start small and gradually move forward. It is a lifestyle change and also a lifelong commitment but do not get overwhelmed by goals and targets and scales and sizes. Everything u do is for your god health and for yourself. What i mean to tell u is that u also want to enjoy the journey, make it a part of your lifestyle..instead of being overwhelmed by it. Savor each victory...even if it is walking 10 more steps than yesterday.
Good luck.
iamritu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #4  
Lazybones

S/C/G: 260/255/155

Height: 5'7

Best of luck on your journey.
Slimjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:44 AM   #5  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Here it goes.. I have lost a lot of weight 3 different times. Only to be right back to my starting point. Since 1994 I have lost 100 lbs 3 different times.. I find myself in 2014 now 45 years old starting this journey all over again.
Oh boy, do I relate to this. This is not my first rodeo either. Every 7 years or so, I vow to get healthy and lose a lot of weight, only to gain it all back and have to try again... I'm 47.

This is the first time I've just KEPT ON GOING -- I stopped my medically supervised program last spring due to financial constraints, and continued on my own. I lost a few more pounds, but also crept back up a bit over the last month of the year -- and am taking it off again. However, 2013 was the FIRST time I maintained a weight (more or less) for any length of time. My whole life, I've either been gaining or losing -- more often gaining!

So, 2013 was an eyeopening time for me. I successfully made daily exercise a habit, and found that I really love it -- especially strength training! And, I continue to cut out refined sugar and carbs, although I do overindulge on artificially sweetened things occasionally. Every day I consider what I need to do to succeed in losing the weight. Sometimes it's a good day, sometimes not, but I don't just throw in the towel as I would have in the past.

There's something to be said about perseverance. Every weight loss lesson you've learned in the past has bearing on today. Dig deep in your knowledge. You will know what to do, and just KEEP ON DOING IT!

Last edited by AwShucks; 01-12-2014 at 11:49 AM.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote