Old 12-05-2013, 01:21 AM   #16  
maintaining since 9/2013

I have been hearing so much about Quest bars that I finally went to the store on the day before Thanksgiving & bought one of each flavor there. I tried one or 2 bites of about 8 bars, and finished 2. And Thanksgiving the next day? Never mind! It took 4 days of P1 to get back to baseline. All in all, I feel more relaxed about food knowing that if I fall off the wagon, I can still find my way back. At the same time, I know I'll always be a recovering rather than cured binge eater.

jitterfish, I love this quote from Nutrition Junkie:"I've come too far to take orders from a cookie" my new mantra!

Last edited by mars735; 12-05-2013 at 02:23 AM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 315.1/Ticker/160

Height: 5' 7"

This is a hard time of year!! Being home with my family is also really hard! They like to eat everything you can see, and none of it is good for you. Last night, my dad opened a can of cookies you know, those yummy little shortbread cookies. Well, I couldn't help myself I did have one. Dang those little short bread cookies of goodness!
therecoveringfatchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 255/238.2/150

Height: 5'10

My holiday was the worst. My family consists of six of us and we were all home and made so much food! We are still eating turkey i mean who buys twelve pounds of turkey and nine pound ham when only four people eat that stuff. My sister also bought a cheesecake and i swear it was around three to four inches thick. I broke so many of my own rules and now i just feel terrible. I gained around 3 pounds and that's only because i have kept up going to the gym. In a couple of days we have Christmas what am i going to do then?
mssngheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #19  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

@mssngheart I am playing the "if - then - " game with myself for Christmas as we have one on Saturday for all of my husbands family which is 40 odd people so a lot of food!

I am thinking about likely food and making a plan like "if I chose to eat candy before the meal then no dessert", "if there is chocolate mousse I will eat two servings but then I will only drink water". Because damn I love chocolate mousse LOL. It helps to have the leniency in there but have a plan. Last night I had a work dinner and I decided no entree so I could have dessert, but that I would only eat half the dessert. And as it was it was a rich chocolate cake with fresh fruit, so I ate all the fruit and then just the icing of the cake.

But honestly I think tomorrow all my plans will go out the window, in which case its about getting back on plan as soon as possible and not back sliding. Afterall one day of over indulgence isn't going to cause me to put on 10lb, let alone all the weight I've lost.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:03 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 315.1/Ticker/160

Height: 5' 7"

I had pizza. Greasy delicious pizza. I'm confessing, but I don't feel bad. This was planned and I was not disappointed!!
therecoveringfatchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #21  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Ah, I deviated from my plan for the first time since starting nearly five months ago. I had THREE sugar cookies and a slice of pizza.

It was definitely worth it.

I was really scared that today I would wake up and suddenly be right back where I started, hungry all the time and craving but I'm not, I'm actually less hungry today. Who woulda thunk it?

So I'm pretty happy to know I've put my first off plan night behind me without having to feel guilty about it. Now, I probably won't ever go more than one night off plan but I'm not going to lie and say I'll never ever go off my plan! I mean, there's pizza. And candy and cupcakes. I think the trick is deciding exactly when and how much so that you don't take too many steps back. I think, when done right, you don't even have to take any steps back.

That's my philosophy right now, but in the past I would've flipped out after going off plan. I'm so happy to be where I am right now. ^.^
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #22  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

I (eyes left....eyes right) secretly calculated my husband's calorie intake the other day.
Groan...why? Oh why?

And now I'm weighing twice a day. (Can you say 'obsessed' ??? )
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

I ate a whole chocolate cake in one sitting. i wanted chocolate and i wanted cake. it was a small supermarket cake but I wanted every single bite of it and it was good. I also had a whole pot of hummus with crisps and Thornton's chocolate brownies. i felt so evil eating it but I've been super good since saturday.
Mission Fat to Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #24  

S/C/G: hw:290/sw:215/cw:188/gw:140

Height: 5'3

Ya know this is a big one but...oh well of course I wanna lose weight to be healthy and cute...blah blah blah. Honestly a big part of it is so I can say HA! To all those who ever doubted me and my strength or perseverance...I wont even have to say a word my freaking hot body will do all the talking...
tapifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

I haven't made any effort in the past few weeks. It feels like my motivation to lose weight has just fizzed out and I barely try to control my portions anymore. I try to eat healthier food but I eat so much of it that I may as well have the unhealthy food because it's the same amount of calories. I need to find some way to rekindle that determination I used to have but I don't know what
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote