Old 02-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 270/256.0/170

Height: 5'5"

257.6 today... just 5 more pounds till I hit 25% of my August goal!!!
LilMissBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:33 PM   #227  
FIGHTER

S/C/G: 296/TICKER/178

Height: 5'5''

Welcome Mandy!

I'm sure your stay in this thread will be short, good luck to you!
CharityMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #228  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

Yay lilmissbee you're doing great! I've been trying to think of a good August goal for myself. We're going to San Diego for a week to celebrate my brother in law's marriage and I plan on being a total beach bum. So perhaps "comfortable in a swimsuit" should be my august goal! Gotta firm my my thighs then!

Welcome mandylamy! I hope you enjoy your time here!

We'll, back up to 255 today. Grr! I did pretty terribly this weekend, ate too much crap and didn't drink enough water. I feel so dehydrated!
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:13 PM   #229  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Horray to Feb being almost over! Woo!

I bought a new scale over the weekend, a little present to myself I guess. It's the Fitbit Aria scale. Set it all up and got on it this morning. Super disappointing. +2lb difference from my old scale to the new. I got off and on both like 10 times this morning to make sure. ARGH! (I refuse to change my ticker!)

I had a NSV anyway this weekend though - Shopping at Target, I tried on a mens XXL hoodie and it was WAY WAY too big. A 2XL something has never been THAT big on me before. I bought the hoodie in an XL. Hopefully that means it wont be too much longer until the XXL's ladies things fit me properly! Woo!

Sunday was a bit of a cheat day - Had a beer and some biscones and bacon jam (TO DIE FOR!) but stuck to the blackened chicken salad instead of the sandwich I would normally have. Also has some ramen for lunch. (hello sodium!)

Kailpea - When I got to work on Saturday I volunteered to be the "Fetch B!tch" with the specific intent on beating you in steps LOL! Just about 17,000 by the end of the shift It just about killed me to catch up to you!

Welcome Mandy! - Hope you have a short but enjoyable stay in this decade

lilmissbee - Woo! you're rocking it girl! Keep it up!

CharityMarie - Awesome that you have your list of goals set up! Such a good idea. I change my mind so often about those things... I'm calling my scale a reward for the ~ 10 lbs I've lost since the start of the year

Last edited by Silverfire; 02-24-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #230  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyLamy View Post
Silverfire My sister inlaw told me the other day that she thinks our scale is off and I was like LALALALA I can't hear you. haha.

LOL well if it off the OTHER WAY it would be totally awesome!!!

and wooo to another fellow canuck! Are you guys freezing your balls off over there still too?

Last edited by Silverfire; 02-24-2014 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:25 PM   #231  
FIGHTER

January was great to me, I dropped 27 pounds! So far in February? 8 pounds. I know it's still awesome but I was hoping for 15 this month and now it looks like I won't clear 10. Probably setting my goals too high, going to try being happy with 2 pounds a week from now on, slow and steady wins the race, right?!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #232  
New New Yorker!

S/C/G: 265/See ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone, sorry I don't have time for a real update (in which I ramble on and on endlessly about nothing in particular, LOL)

But today, I saw 257...again GRR...it's my fault though, but like I can't eat bad ONE day w/o getting set back a whole friggin' week?! I guess not. This week, I am determined to see 254 if it KILLS ME, you hear me if it KILLS ME (j/k, not really, but you get the drift). I'm in the gym 4 times this week, with 2 jogging days, I'M READY!

On the NSV side, I took out the 'ol tape measure just because (even though I plan to measure once a month and that will be next week) and I have lost inches EVERYWHERE! 1" in my waist, almost 3 inches in my thighs and almost 3 inches in my gut (which I measure seperately!) and 1.5" in my hips. THAT was enough motivation for me to keep going, scale be d@mned!

Think healthy thoughts ladies! Ciao

Last edited by SucreSucre; 02-24-2014 at 05:26 PM.
SucreSucre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:33 PM   #233  
Katherine

Holy F****** crap you guys! Talk about weight fluctuation! So I weighed myself this morning and for 255. . . and then I decided to weigh myself again tonight and got 245.2. Its a brand new scale, and I checked it against my old one and it was correct! WTH? I know your weight fluctuates throughout the day. . .but 10 lbs? That's insane! Makes me think that maybe the 240's are in my reach!

CongratsSucre! I wish I had measured myself before I started trying to lose weight so I would have something other than the scale to base my progress on.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:42 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 381/262/199

Height: 5'2"

I'm yo-yoing in this decade. Each time I break away I go back up.

I need a good butt kicking!
RoxieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:02 AM   #235  

2 freaking FIFTY SEVEN(.08) I got off and on a couple times to make sure. However. Scale be dammed,
I AM WEARING THE SIZE 18 JEANS AND I CAN BREATHE So scale, neener neener neener!! (we'll see if I can still breathe after lunch )

My car is in the shop this week, so I have a rental. And of course it has to be like the coldest week EVER (-30 felt like -40 this morning) and I MISS MY COMMAND START!!!! Running out to start the car at 6 am was a pretty brutal way to start the day. I have been spoiled by my command start and I am OK with that.

Anyway, I was happy to be right on plan yesterday. Measured every. single. thing. Busted my butt at the gym. Made it through W4D1 of C25K. My ankle is pretty tender today though, so today will be pretty relaxed.

RoxieK Oh man, I'm sure all of us here can relate! I know I have been in this decade for what seems like an eternity! You'll bounce outta here before you know it I have noticed a trend (best part about graphing your weight changes!) Mine seems to go like this

down, down, up, Up, down, up, down (long break!!!!) Up, Up, down, down, up, down up down!

kailpea Woo! You are SOO gunna be outta here long before me! Take some measurements now!!!!

SucreSucre Wowzers!!! You're doing awesome! that is a pretty dang fantastic NSV!!! Screw the scale!!!

CharityMarie DUDE!!! 8lbs is FANTASTIC!!!! You should be totally proud. The first bit always comes off the fastest, be proud! 2lbs a week is just the right amount to shoot for. And you'll notice that its not going come of steady... see graph above! Be patient and stick with it. It'll come off!
Old 02-25-2014, 11:42 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 270/256.0/170

Height: 5'5"

Grr. I bumped back up and have been teetering between 260 and 259 for days. I haven't cheated or done anything differently and I'm on my period, so I know it's not real... I'm due for a whoosh.

Keeping on keeping on. Going to my sister-in-law's house this evening to make a healthy dinner and work out with her.

I want to see 256... Screw you, Aunt Flo.

BUT NSV, I'm wearing a pair of jeans today that I haven't felt comfortable in for quite a while, and they fit just right... and my knee high black boots are loose enough to stuff my flared jean legs into.... Just a month ago I could barely stuff my LEGS into them.

So I refuse to get discouraged.
LilMissBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #237  
Katherine

My scale is on the fritz! I don't know what to believe anymore. This morning I woke up and weighed myself, on my new scale 247. My old scale? 255. Last night they said the same thing, but apparently not today. New scale has new batteries, but I noticed that if I step on it and then step off and step back on, it will register almost a pound different. So annoying! Anyone have this problem. It's just so bizarre to me that yesterday the two scales were saying the same thing, and now one is completely different.

Anyway, It's going to be a busy week for me. I have two exams to study for plus still studying for the important test I have to take at the end of my semester to get into the nursing program I am applying for. I'm a little spent for time. Hopefully I can keep my work out schedule, but I am already behind with that. I should be at the gym right now in fact, but I'm not. I'm home taking a break from studying. Hoping to get to the gym after work tonight, but work has been killer this week already. So not sure If I will have the motivation, but hoping I can convince myself that going to the gym will help let off some steam.

Sliverfire Great job with the steps! I've fallen so far behind. Hopefully I can make up some ground!
Old 02-25-2014, 01:06 PM   #238  
FIGHTER

I always wait to see if a number sticks and finally after a bad cheat day and no losses the past few days a solid 260 flashed on my scale. So close to the 250's I can scream.

Not getting much gym in this week, I've been working doubles from 16 to 18 hours at a time. Nursing is the worst field to be in when you're short handed so badly sometimes... no choice but to stay, people need you! Unfortunatley that means my gym needs arent being met and my sleep pattern is totally wacked.

This coming week should slow work stuff down and I'm super motivated to solidly place my big old butt in the 250s!
Old 02-25-2014, 01:36 PM   #239  
New New Yorker!

S/C/G: 265/See ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailpea View Post
Holy F****** crap you guys! Talk about weight fluctuation! So I weighed myself this morning and for 255. . . and then I decided to weigh myself again tonight and got 245.2. Its a brand new scale, and I checked it against my old one and it was correct! WTH? I know your weight fluctuates throughout the day. . .but 10 lbs? That's insane! Makes me think that maybe the 240's are in my reach!

CongratsSucre! I wish I had measured myself before I started trying to lose weight so I would have something other than the scale to base my progress on.
Kailpea weight flucuations really baffle and confuse me! I can weigh 7 lbs heavier by the end of the day! I'm like, come on, there isn't that much water in the world! And thanks, the scale is a cruel mistress, but the hips don't lie LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxieK View Post
I'm yo-yoing in this decade. Each time I break away I go back up.

I need a good butt kicking!
I feel you RoxieK these yo-yoing? It's the worst!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
2 freaking FIFTY SEVEN(.08) I got off and on a couple times to make sure. However. Scale be dammed,
I AM WEARING THE SIZE 18 JEANS AND I CAN BREATHE So scale, neener neener neener!! (we'll see if I can still breathe after lunch )

My car is in the shop this week, so I have a rental. And of course it has to be like the coldest week EVER (-30 felt like -40 this morning) and I MISS MY COMMAND START!!!! Running out to start the car at 6 am was a pretty brutal way to start the day. I have been spoiled by my command start and I am OK with that.

Anyway, I was happy to be right on plan yesterday. Measured every. single. thing. Busted my butt at the gym. Made it through W4D1 of C25K. My ankle is pretty tender today though, so today will be pretty relaxed.

SucreSucre Wowzers!!! You're doing awesome! that is a pretty dang fantastic NSV!!! Screw the scale!!!
!
That's the spirit! Scale me damned Silverfire! Those 18 jeans are all the proof you need!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissBee View Post
Grr. I bumped back up and have been teetering between 260 and 259 for days. I haven't cheated or done anything differently and I'm on my period, so I know it's not real... I'm due for a whoosh.

Keeping on keeping on. Going to my sister-in-law's house this evening to make a healthy dinner and work out with her.

I want to see 256... Screw you, Aunt Flo.

BUT NSV, I'm wearing a pair of jeans today that I haven't felt comfortable in for quite a while, and they fit just right... and my knee high black boots are loose enough to stuff my flared jean legs into.... Just a month ago I could barely stuff my LEGS into them.

So I refuse to get discouraged.
WTG LilMissBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharityMarie View Post
I always wait to see if a number sticks and finally after a bad cheat day and no losses the past few days a solid 260 flashed on my scale. So close to the 250's I can scream.

Not getting much gym in this week, I've been working doubles from 16 to 18 hours at a time. Nursing is the worst field to be in when you're short handed so badly sometimes... no choice but to stay, people need you! Unfortunatley that means my gym needs arent being met and my sleep pattern is totally wacked.

This coming week should slow work stuff down and I'm super motivated to solidly place my big old butt in the 250s!
You'll make it CharityMarie!!!

I am noticing a trend in the thread ladies; the scale says one thing, but our NSV's say something different hmm...scale conspiracy? Maybe! I weighed in at 259 this morning and almost had a cow, but then I said "oh well" and packed my healthy lunch and gym clothes and morning smoothie and went about my way. This scale will NOT stop my from my goals!

Good luck ladies, think healthy thoughts!

Last edited by SucreSucre; 02-25-2014 at 08:57 PM.
SucreSucre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:14 PM   #240  
FIGHTER

259 !!!

Adios 260's !