Flying thru the 260s and 250 with fun! NEW!!!!

You're on Page 9 of 33
Go to
  • Down another 2 this week! I'm now at 257 Total loss so far is 58. So close to 60!
  • I weighed in at 256 today, happy to join you all here!!
  • Congrats Kate79! Almost 58 lbs down is amazing!

I'm down to 257.4 today. Still steadily going down since my weight spike last week. I need to kick my working out into gear. I just got a fit bit, and over the last two days or so I have averaged around 5000 steps a day, which is more that I would have guessed since I have a desk job. I guess getting up and down to get things off the printer that is about 10 feet away has added up. So since that's my average without exercise (and pretty much laying in in bed watching television when I'm not at work) I want to bring that number up a bit. Riestrella's Pyramid Challenge at the 20-something forum starts monday and my first Exercise Goal is to got to the gym and do at least 30 minutes of cardio 2x a week. And the weather is supposed to be nice today so I think I'll go walk outside.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Awesome Kate79! keep it up!

Beth C! Hope you speed through this decade and onto the next

kailpea lol, I don't think BF could handle it with butter and cheese even! Oh well. Glad that you've got your hydration sorted out, I got really bad there for a while for not drinking enough water and as soon as I kicked it back up I felt better right away (I notice I use way less chapstick too!) I had to check out the pyramid thing that you were talking about and thought it was pretty cool so I joined in I definitely have some things I need to work on (like actually GOING to the gym, not just saying I will! and not finding every excuse for a "just a little treat") Awesome that your numbers are headed back down! I'm a little ticked at my scale this morning as it went up to 263.2 I didn't weigh over the weekend and wasn't particularly on plan either... oops. I won't feel toooo guilty for the 6 year anniversary mud pie we shared at lunch on Saturday though Damn it was good.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Let's kick this weeks @ss!!!
  • The 250's are killing me. Maybe I just need to take a break from the weighing myself every morning. I'm back up to 258.4 again. I wasn't on plan at all last night. I went a good 800-900 calories over. I made the mistake of making my husband a cake, (not sure why I did this, because he's supposed to be losing weight too) but I was the one who ended up eating it late last night with a glass of milk. Oh well, even at 258 I've still lost 8 lbs this month, which is my overall monthly goal so I guess I'm not doing too badly.

I did pretty well with exercising this weekend. We had some unseasonably warm weather so on saturday I went on a 6 mile walk/jog. My legs and feet are still burning from it. And yesterday I decided to take a 2 mile detour when I was getting the mail. It's cold again and this week I need to make sure i get to the gym for some cardio at least twice.
  • Quote: Awesome Kate79! keep it up!

Beth C! Hope you speed through this decade and onto the next

kailpea lol, I don't think BF could handle it with butter and cheese even! Oh well. Glad that you've got your hydration sorted out, I got really bad there for a while for not drinking enough water and as soon as I kicked it back up I felt better right away (I notice I use way less chapstick too!) I had to check out the pyramid thing that you were talking about and thought it was pretty cool so I joined in I definitely have some things I need to work on (like actually GOING to the gym, not just saying I will! and not finding every excuse for a "just a little treat") Awesome that your numbers are headed back down! I'm a little ticked at my scale this morning as it went up to 263.2 I didn't weigh over the weekend and wasn't particularly on plan either... oops. I won't feel toooo guilty for the 6 year anniversary mud pie we shared at lunch on Saturday though Damn it was good.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Let's kick this weeks @ss!!!
    Thank you!!! I'm happy to be here, but as you said, I'll be happy to speed through too!
  • 262 today. Feeling good after my workout. W2D1 of C25K was pretty hard by the end. I think I am going to go to the gym again today. Mostly just because I don't have anything better to do with myself! That, and I seem to be falling behind on weekly steps, according to Fitbit kailpea - you're totally kicking my @ss in steps this week already!
  • Quote: The 250's are killing me. Maybe I just need to take a break from the weighing myself every morning. I'm back up to 258.4 again. I wasn't on plan at all last night. I went a good 800-900 calories over. I made the mistake of making my husband a cake, (not sure why I did this, because he's supposed to be losing weight too) but I was the one who ended up eating it late last night with a glass of milk. Oh well, even at 258 I've still lost 8 lbs this month, which is my overall monthly goal so I guess I'm not doing too badly.

I did pretty well with exercising this weekend. We had some unseasonably warm weather so on saturday I went on a 6 mile walk/jog. My legs and feet are still burning from it. And yesterday I decided to take a 2 mile detour when I was getting the mail. It's cold again and this week I need to make sure i get to the gym for some cardio at least twice.
    You are doing great! I had trouble with the mid 260s, I think certain decades can become a mental block for some reason.
  • Silverfire The only reason I'm beating you in steps right now if because of my Saturday 6 mile walk. It's making up for the fact that I didn't even crack 4000 steps yesterday. Hoping to do better with the steps tonight though. What is your daily step goal? I have mine set to 5000 but I should probably up that a little bit to encourage me to do a little more.

Kate79: I totally get what you mean by a mental block. I shed the first 15 pounds so quickly and the weightloss was so motivating. Now it's like pulling teeth to get to 20 lbs down!
  • I'm a total newbie to this decade and pretty damn excited about it. I've lost a pretty solid chunk already so I'm assuming (although I'd love to prove myself wrong!) that I'm going to be slowing down on the weightloss decades, so maybe I'll be here a slightly longer stay than the 270-280's -

Either way I'm still totally motivated, and if I graduate from this thread and hit 249.. well.. that's a number I don't think I've seen since 2008.

Glad to be here and hope to see everyone on the downslide.
  • Kailpea - 6 miles is awesome! I have a **** of a time getting over 5000 steps on a non-gym day. I tend to go home and plant myself in the couch and not move till its time for bed... My goal is for 10,000 steps a day, but really only hit that at the gym or when I'm at job #2. Yesterday after the gym I had to go to the store for a few things and I hit 10,000 steps in the middle of the superstore and I almost shouted!

260.4 today!!! One more will bring me to 10 lbs down this month, and back to where I left off 6 months ago! Woo

I have been thinking that I just need to suck it up and just go to the gym everyday. Even if it's just for a walk on the treadmill. It's on my way home from work, and if I can start auto-piloting myself to the gym, instead of home it will be harder for me to skip the gym that way maybe! There has been many occasions where I just get in my car and zone out and then I am home... not the gym where I should have been going. Then I decide well, I'm already home, I might as well stay there. (even though its like a 4 and a half minute drive back to the gym...) I might as well, I don't do anything between 3:30 and 5:30 (BF gets home then) but watch tv. Might as well watch it at the gym... Something to consider I guess.

CharityMarie - Welcome to the thread! Hope you have a short stay
  • Silverfire I looked at my fitbit app this morning and was like "Holy **** Silverfire is killing me." Way to go!

I hope to eventually get to the point where I am doing at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. I'm going to try to work up to it though. I've tried to do the gym thing every day starting out and the only thing it leaves me with is blisters on my feet, and then taking a week or two off.

Back down to 257.4. It scale almost tricked me and read 255.6. . . . .I was so sad this morning. Maybe since the scale wasn't so sure I'll have better luck tomorrow. Either that, or I might need a new battery.
  • Kailpea - Hahaha thanks! You've already pulled ahead of me! Awesome! I doubt my numbers will be terribly high today, feeling pretty lazy! I won't be going to the gym today anyway as it's free workout and pizza day and I'd like to avoid that madhouse! - And just replace the batteries anyway, It'll give you some peace of mind maybe

259.4 this morning!! I was pretty pumped about that, I really hope it sticks! Next weeks is going to be busy busy busy, working a concert Sunday, then shifts at job#2 Mon, Thurs, and Saturday, and plans to visit friends on Wednesday... Fitting gym in might be a challenge!
  • 251 today! I can't believe how much C25k has helped with my losses. I was stuck in the 265 range for a while. Looks like I'll be graduating to the next thread level soon!
  • KATE Way to go! You Blew through the 250's congrats!

I plan on starting the C25K in February. I've heard really great things about it from so many people. Right now I can just barely jog 1 minute before I want to die.