getting out of the 280's and 270's

You're on Page 5 of 34
Go to
  • Recovering-I loved c25k....I might start again when I get to a lower weight. Keep with it chicky!!

Scale said 277 today even though I was over on sodium and carbs yest...so hopefully it will be there or lower on my official weigh in on thurs. Scale said 248 for my RL this am tho...he started at 263 and we started together so hes almost 20 lbx down waaaaahhhh. Hes gonna be to goal andim gonna be still at 250 lmao.... he has less to lose than me and was at a lower weight but waaaahh. I weighed less than him when we mett. I was his weight and he was mine roooooffllll.
  • I did it! I ran day 2! Good job everyone, we can do this!
  • Nice job recovering! It's so hard when your already sore...I swear guys lose weight easier than girls dreamer, my husband is a bean pole, always has been, and he eats like a horse!!
  • Oh, I know they do! I have pcos on top of it so meh.
  • Ughhhhhh It was my birthday last week and I celebrated....a lot. I had a dinnenr out with friends and way too much wine. And then a party at my BFF`s house which she made a ton of salty snacks and I had too many ciders and ate way too much food. Feeling lousy about it this morning as I went up more then what I lost. I`m going to the gym tonight and flooding my poor body with water today to wash away some of this nasty salt.

I hear ya about men and their dumb easyness at loosing weight. My husband eats like a cow and he has a perfect 6 pack*. He sure looks good in a pair of boxer breifs though. Yowza! LOL
  • recovering - that is so awesome! Great job I have started incorporating a little running into my routine and although I don't make it too long, I love the feeling of freedom that I get when I do it.

dreamer - I know what you mean! My husband says "diet" and drops 10 pounds, I swear

VGibs - Hang in there after the rough week and don't be too tough on yourself. It was just one week in this journey, and won't hurt you in the long run as long as you keep going going going

My weekend was pretty good. My parents visited from out of town and of course there were snickers bars, beer, fast food and pizza to deal with (ALL of which are my favorite, I might add). I was really proud though that I managed to avoid the beer and snickers completely and chose to have ONE chicken taco and TWO pieces of pizza (on separate "outings"). I tried to incorporate lots of fruit and veggies even though noone else did. This time I'm trying to not completely deprive myself but eat everything (well, mostly everything) in moderation. So far, so good. Hope you all have a great week!!!
  • Well, I just made it below 290, so I'm back in with this group. Now, I'd like to move to a lower group, too!! So, working on the next 20 lbs.
  • Way to go Diane!
  • Vgibs-ah well one day is fine, dont let it get ya. Its the day after the one day and the day after that that get ya. Getting right back to it is what will make it be a blimp on the radar. Besides, youll lose that WATER weight in no time

Jb-dont you hate it???? I do!!! Makes me feel so inferior sometimes how he can eat so much less "healthy" than me and still drop 5 lbs in a week; and they wonder why women obsess over diets....bfw good job! Moderation is kry! (Except for me and pizza...any gluten/flour based starches makes me sick and crave!!!)

Slashnl- welcome!! I think I recognize you from before.

Pretty normal weekend, been higher than I like on carbs an cals whoops (darn apples with vegan fudge sauce!) But still under my calorie goal even if its just under every day. So thats something!!
  • Thanks guys! I am drinking a ton of water and using that diuretic tea because I still have swelling issues after my pregnancy.
  • I hear ya vgibs only my swelling is random and not from pregnancy *sigh*. My scale was back to 280 today too. DANG IT. I havent been over in cals so I KNOW its water weight...
  • down to 273.6. hoping that continues. planning a healthy day of eating. have a great day everyone!
  • Lindy - woohoo! That's awesome!

Slashnl - Welcome! I remember you from my last time here! Looking forward to working through the decades with you

dreamer - I love your attitude and confidence towards the scale. It inspires me to be less crazy when the scale goes up when I've done EVERYTHING right. It HAS to be water weight. I know it's so simple, but I've never thought of that before. I become irrational thinking "oh no, I've done something wrong...I'm headed back up" which eventually leads to "why the heck should I even bother." Thanks for providing a different perspective, friend!

All is pretty good today. I started incorporating a little strength training yesterday (I mean, very minimal) and it's amazing how out of shape I am! I am kind of exhausted today but I know I just need to keep with it Have a wonderful OP day everyone!
  • Thanks for the welcome back. I had gone back to the 290 range and then quit posting for awhile. I was discouraged and needed to get my head back on straight. I don't know if I accomplished that, but thought I'd jump back in while back in this group. I do need to get back to going to the gym before work. It is better for me to do it then.

Need discipline.....
  • 268!! I'm outta here ladies, hope to see you all soon!! Best of luck in your weight loss