Old 04-09-2014, 08:42 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, all!

I have a doctor's appointment today (routine, time to get the meds refilled which is awesome because allergies are KILLIN). I had blood work on Monday. I am pretty much exactly where I was at my last appointment I initially left the office, joined WW and lost about 30 pounds and then this happened and that happened and everyone was sick forever and it was summer and then school started and always busy, sick again, blah blah blah right back where I started. UGH. I am SO FRUSTRATED with ME

Off to get ready. Wish me luck!
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

The second Half: I'll tell you what everyone else is telling me. It'll be okay just keep trying. I am royally frustrated with my body at the moment. I have struggled to lose these most recent 30lbs. And guess what after that loss, after basically 3 months of being super restrictive and trying my best, my numbers are HORRIBLE. I mean my scale number is better, but my sugars are "really high".

WTF right? I've lost weight and have worse bloodwork. It's frustrating I feel like the universe is screaming at me "Haha, you thought you were doing well but you are a joke"
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:48 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 307/279/175

Height: 5'5

Hi All,

I have been dieting on and off since Jan 13th, 2014. I started at 298 and I am down to 289. I was 307 in 2010 and decided that in order to have a baby i needed to lose so i joined WW and lost 39 pounds putting me at 268. It was great. Got pregnant, had baby, joined WW post baby and it didn't work as well. I was 267 after having him and now I am back at 289. Sucks i wish i hadn't let myself get to this point but here I am again. I feel like my husband doesn't understand my struggle because he is 6'2 and weighs a whopping 212 pounds. I am using the myfitnesspal tracker and trying to stay under 1500 calories a day with exercise 3 times a week. Hope you guys don't mind me joining your group.

Last edited by Speegle52408; 04-09-2014 at 05:03 PM. Reason: To add my signature
Speegle52408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:32 PM   #214  

As it turns out, "exactly where I was at my last appointment" would've been a blessing. I am diabetic. I have fatty liver disease (or a fatty liver, whatever even my liver is fat), and I've gained 20 pounds. So now I have to take my blood sugar every morning for a month, have more blood work, an ultrasound of my abdomen, meet with a diabetes educator, and do a sleep study. UGH. She was very nice about it and said things like well, your allergies are clearly out of control so the OTC meds could throw off your liver enzymes, and of course if you've had sinus infections (I have one now), that can cause a high reading and the sleep apnea isn't helping but let's be real - I am almost 300 pounds. I think I know why my blood sugar is high and I have fatty liver. I mean, duh. But she gets points for being nice about it.

The good news is all my other blood work was excellent. So...yay for medical mysteries!

Silentartic, all the best to you. I am doing WW and I plan to get some books on the diabetes and just follow them. I am tired of trying to game the system. I surrender. Just point me to someone who will tell me what to do and I will do it. It's done. You're doing all the right things, the results have to reflect your hard work. What does your doctor suggest?

Speegle, hello and welcome! I did almost the exact same thing before I got pregnant (only it was a surprise - after seven years of marriage, I don't know why we were so shocked ) followed WW, nice big loss, had baby - um, gained like a LOT. I have also lost and gained the same 30 pounds (plus a few) like three times a year since this kid was born (she's eight)(gulp). WW always works for me, I just don't always work so hard at WW. I am on WW right now. When I follow it, I lose weight - it's just so hard to stay on track! I'm sorry you feel your husband isn't understanding. I kind of feel like it must be a hard thing to understand. My husband is supportive but just kind of baffled by how emotional this is for me. He does a lot of things he thinks are "helpful" and they are so not I have really stopped saying things like, "don't let me eat x" or "help me stay on track" because then I just get mad and feel like he's the food police. I am setting us up for an argument! I find girlfriends are way better for these kinds of conversations.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:34 PM   #215  

TSH - Sorry you had bad news too. I don't apparently get to find anything out until my doctors appointment in almost 2 weeks. I am of course stressing in the mean time. I am hoping to drop MORE weight before the doctors appointment. I don't know if we'll even weigh me but psychologically I will be able to handle things better if I know I've done my best. I really want to stay this side of 300 and keep going. I just started tracking my food and activity again. As much as I don't think calorie counting is sustainable for ever I think at this point logging everything will come in handy if I need to discuss specifics with a doctor or dietician.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #216  

Good luck and I know you can do it. I'm ok with calorie (or Point) counting. Most people I know who actual lost a lot of weight and kept it off were counting something and still do, more or less. Sometimes it sounds like a really awful thing to go through life always counting and measuring and then I think, can't be any worse than going through life being fat

You can do it!
Old 04-12-2014, 12:52 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 310/290.8/199

Height: 5'7

with mfp I don't find counting Cal's so bad I can't imagine doing it without my smartphone though!

whew started c25k today. my last walk before cool down I was just trying to give myself the pep talk. I can do one more I can do one more but then I didn't even have to!! it was cool down time! whew!
mb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #218  

with mfp I don't find counting Cal's so bad I can't imagine doing it without my smartphone though!

whew started c25k today. my last walk before cool down I was just trying to give myself the pep talk. I can do one more I can do one more but then I didn't even have to!! it was cool down time! whew!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:46 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hi everyone,

mb2004- congratulations on getting to 299!!!

silentarctic- waving hello to you. And what a huge amount you have lost! Hope to be there sometime.

Speegle52408- welcome- great to have you here.

TheSecondHalf- so sorry for the results of your medical appointment. Sending you a big hug. Just stay strong and keep following your program- that will have a huge impact on your health.

I am doing pretty well. I am following a lot of the advice in The Diet Fix and it is helping. I am not weighing myself until the end of the month. Not getting on the scales is helping me focus on eating healthy without looking for instant results. I know this is going to be a long road.

Take care everyone!
CeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:07 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Hi all,

Happy to be out of the 300's. Been on Atkins Extended Induction since August 27th 2013. So much inspiration here.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:18 PM   #221  

Back in the 300's I did not manage to stay here as well as I thought I would. Hopefully I'll 'belong' here again soon!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #222  

Hi! Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend! It's spring break here so this is what my week is going to sound like: can we go to the park? can we go to the movies? can this person come over? can we have a sleepover? I'm hungry. I'm hungry. I'm hungry. can we go to the park? when are we swimming? when are we swimming? WHEN ARE WE SWIMMING?!?!?!?!?

I'm already tired and it's 10.35 on Monday

I'm back on plan. Hope everyone else is doing well. Happy Monday
Old 04-24-2014, 11:22 AM   #223  

is it friday yet? I was asking that yesterday! Ugh. Im so ready for this week to be done... but yesterday 3 kids sadly were kicked out of our program because of bad behavior, hopefully my week will get easier now I hate doing it, but I need to be able to concentrate on my whole class not just the few kids causing issues. And the stress at work just makes me want to sit home and not go to the gym lol.

Last edited by mb2004; 04-24-2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:02 AM   #224  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5FkshLcNLQ

I've seen this floating around for a while but I just watched it today. If I ever lack motivation to work out, I need to watch it because it's so inspiring! She changed her body, but the change in her spirit is truly uplifting.

I don't have a gym membership but I have everything I need to work out every day. The next time I feel like skipping out, I need to watch this.

mb, tell me what it is you do again?

Spring Break is over. As usual, I had so many plans and we never got to half of them but it was nice not being a slave to the school schedule and homework (even though I made her read and practice violin every day because I'm evil). We got to visit friends, hold some babies, pet some dogs, chase some chickens, visit our favorite parks, and sleep a little later. Four more weeks and school will be out for summer. I was JUST freaking out about sending my baby to kindergarten and next year she'll be starting her last year of elementary school. How did that happen so fast?
Old 04-26-2014, 04:35 PM   #225  

Thesecondhalf I work for an afterschool program