3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   290s accountability (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/289122-290s-accountability.html)

TheSecondHalf 03-26-2014 02:32 PM

Hi and welcome! Best of luck to you!

I'm changing my profile and ticker to reflect my WW weigh in (as it turns out you weigh more after breakfast and fully clothed at a WW meeting than you do first thing in the am and not so fully clothed :dizzy: although there are those people at every early morning meeting who strip down to a jog bra and running shorts. I am not those people. I'll take the extra pounds). My first goal is 15 pounds.

ShelBl 03-29-2014 12:17 AM

pegeye welcome! Love the avatar. :)

TheSecondHalf I wouldn't strip down now but when I'm skinnier, watch out. I'll be the one arrested for public indecency!

FINALLY under the mark!! 288 yesterday morning, and when I went to the doctor today she informed me that I'm down 15 pounds over all since seeing her last. Which was June, but whatever. I'll take 15 down any day.

Got an offer for a new job, so I don't have to stress about what I'm going to do after Tuesday. It looks like I'll be on a closer schedule to hubby's, which means we can walk the dogs and things. He wants to go to the gym, and I got the T25 workout thing in an insane attempt to motivate myself.

I'm kinda terrified, to be honest. It's reportedly kicks the *** of moderately in shape people, so I have no hope. Yet.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

TheSecondHalf 03-29-2014 11:49 AM

ShelBl, congrats on your 15! And job offer! So much good news!!!

Tell me about this T25 business, this is new to me.

TheSecondHalf 04-01-2014 08:48 AM

There is no way I'm going to make it to my WW meeting this morning. It's a tight squeeze anyway but I am soooooooo sleepy! Our dog still has kennel cough (though he's getting better) and every time he coughs at night I feel obligated to sit up with him and sympathize (scratch ears, rub belly) because he's just so pitiful. ANYWAY as soon as I get this child on the bus I'm taking a nap.

There's a meeting at ten on Thursday that will be much easier to make and I'm pretty sure I've lost five pounds - I want that sticker!

Hope everyone is doing well!

CeeJay 04-01-2014 10:40 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am still here. Did 10 great days and then 6 not so great. Such is life. Still trying! Got down to 290 but don't think I am still there.

TheSecondHalf-Yay for 286 and for going to the meeting.

ShelBl-yay for also being under 290- I am going to have to chase you and TheSecondHalf. Great news about the job- hope everything goes well for you.

pegeye- welcome to this thread.

Bunny1973 04-03-2014 10:14 AM

297.4 here so my next mini goal is 289.

Bunny1973 04-03-2014 05:28 PM

I'm so stinking hungry today. I'm singing my mantra "I will survive!"

CeeJay 04-05-2014 10:14 PM

Hello Ladies

All is well here. The next time I am on the scale I am hoping to be out of the 290's. If I am- well yay, if not, then the next time I will be there. The book The Diet Fix is really helping me.

Bunny1973- congratulations on your weight loss. Keep on singing. :D

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

mb2004 04-07-2014 10:16 AM

Well. I just hit 299.5 last week (tommorrow morning is my weigh in) I feel like I'm pmsing so Im not expecting a loss. I can only hope for being the same. I dont want to hit 300 again!! I bought new tennis shoes but its SO muddy here I dont want to wear then outdoors haha.

silentarctic 04-07-2014 10:29 PM

mb I'm with you, I'm dancing that fine line right now, I am so nervous my scale will tell me I'm back up over 300. Even IF I know that based on what I've ate thats really NOT possible. (or would have to be due to odd water retention etc). Hopefully I will get to know you gals a little ... I know I'll be "here" for a while but hopefuly not too too long, I still have a long journey ahead of me to a healthier weight.

TheSecondHalf 04-09-2014 08:42 AM

Good morning, all!

I have a doctor's appointment today (routine, time to get the meds refilled which is awesome because allergies are KILLIN). I had blood work on Monday. I am pretty much exactly where I was at my last appointment :( I initially left the office, joined WW and lost about 30 pounds and then this happened and that happened and everyone was sick forever and it was summer and then school started and always busy, sick again, blah blah blah right back where I started. UGH. I am SO FRUSTRATED with ME :mad:

Off to get ready. Wish me luck!

silentarctic 04-09-2014 03:24 PM

The second Half: I'll tell you what everyone else is telling me. It'll be okay just keep trying. I am royally frustrated with my body at the moment. I have struggled to lose these most recent 30lbs. And guess what after that loss, after basically 3 months of being super restrictive and trying my best, my numbers are HORRIBLE. I mean my scale number is better, but my sugars are "really high". :(

WTF right? I've lost weight and have worse bloodwork. It's frustrating I feel like the universe is screaming at me "Haha, you thought you were doing well but you are a joke" :(

Speegle52408 04-09-2014 04:48 PM

Hi All,

I have been dieting on and off since Jan 13th, 2014. I started at 298 and I am down to 289. I was 307 in 2010 and decided that in order to have a baby i needed to lose so i joined WW and lost 39 pounds putting me at 268. It was great. Got pregnant, had baby, joined WW post baby and it didn't work as well. I was 267 after having him and now I am back at 289. :( Sucks i wish i hadn't let myself get to this point but here I am again. I feel like my husband doesn't understand my struggle because he is 6'2 and weighs a whopping 212 pounds. I am using the myfitnesspal tracker and trying to stay under 1500 calories a day with exercise 3 times a week. Hope you guys don't mind me joining your group.

TheSecondHalf 04-09-2014 10:32 PM

As it turns out, "exactly where I was at my last appointment" would've been a blessing. I am diabetic. I have fatty liver disease (or a fatty liver, whatever even my liver is fat), and I've gained 20 pounds. So now I have to take my blood sugar every morning for a month, have more blood work, an ultrasound of my abdomen, meet with a diabetes educator, and do a sleep study. UGH. She was very nice about it and said things like well, your allergies are clearly out of control so the OTC meds could throw off your liver enzymes, and of course if you've had sinus infections (I have one now), that can cause a high reading and the sleep apnea isn't helping but let's be real - I am almost 300 pounds. I think I know why my blood sugar is high and I have fatty liver. I mean, duh. But she gets points for being nice about it.

The good news is all my other blood work was excellent. So...yay for medical mysteries!

Silentartic, all the best to you. I am doing WW and I plan to get some books on the diabetes and just follow them. I am tired of trying to game the system. I surrender. Just point me to someone who will tell me what to do and I will do it. It's done. You're doing all the right things, the results have to reflect your hard work. What does your doctor suggest?

Speegle, hello and welcome! I did almost the exact same thing before I got pregnant (only it was a surprise - after seven years of marriage, I don't know why we were so shocked :dizzy:) followed WW, nice big loss, had baby - um, gained like a LOT. I have also lost and gained the same 30 pounds (plus a few) like three times a year since this kid was born (she's eight)(gulp). WW always works for me, I just don't always work so hard at WW. I am on WW right now. When I follow it, I lose weight - it's just so hard to stay on track! I'm sorry you feel your husband isn't understanding. I kind of feel like it must be a hard thing to understand. My husband is supportive but just kind of baffled by how emotional this is for me. He does a lot of things he thinks are "helpful" and they are so not:^: I have really stopped saying things like, "don't let me eat x" or "help me stay on track" because then I just get mad and feel like he's the food police. I am setting us up for an argument! I find girlfriends are way better for these kinds of conversations.

silentarctic 04-11-2014 08:34 PM

TSH - Sorry you had bad news too. I don't apparently get to find anything out until my doctors appointment in almost 2 weeks. I am of course stressing in the mean time. I am hoping to drop MORE weight before the doctors appointment. I don't know if we'll even weigh me but psychologically I will be able to handle things better if I know I've done my best. I really want to stay this side of 300 and keep going. I just started tracking my food and activity again. As much as I don't think calorie counting is sustainable for ever I think at this point logging everything will come in handy if I need to discuss specifics with a doctor or dietician.

TheSecondHalf 04-12-2014 10:35 AM

Good luck and I know you can do it. I'm ok with calorie (or Point) counting. Most people I know who actual lost a lot of weight and kept it off were counting something and still do, more or less. Sometimes it sounds like a really awful thing to go through life always counting and measuring and then I think, can't be any worse than going through life being fat :dizzy:

You can do it! :hug:

mb2004 04-12-2014 12:52 PM

with mfp I don't find counting Cal's so bad I can't imagine doing it without my smartphone though!

whew started c25k today. my last walk before cool down I was just trying to give myself the pep talk. I can do one more I can do one more but then I didn't even have to!! it was cool down time! whew!

mb2004 04-12-2014 12:59 PM

with mfp I don't find counting Cal's so bad I can't imagine doing it without my smartphone though!

whew started c25k today. my last walk before cool down I was just trying to give myself the pep talk. I can do one more I can do one more but then I didn't even have to!! it was cool down time! whew!

CeeJay 04-12-2014 09:46 PM

Hi everyone,

mb2004- congratulations on getting to 299!!!

silentarctic- waving hello to you. And what a huge amount you have lost! Hope to be there sometime.

Speegle52408- welcome- great to have you here.

TheSecondHalf- so sorry for the results of your medical appointment. Sending you a big hug. Just stay strong and keep following your program- that will have a huge impact on your health.

I am doing pretty well. I am following a lot of the advice in The Diet Fix and it is helping. I am not weighing myself until the end of the month. Not getting on the scales is helping me focus on eating healthy without looking for instant results. I know this is going to be a long road.

Take care everyone!

TheSatinPumpkin 04-12-2014 10:07 PM

Hi all,

Happy to be out of the 300's. Been on Atkins Extended Induction since August 27th 2013. So much inspiration here.

silentarctic 04-15-2014 12:18 PM

Back in the 300's I did not manage to stay here as well as I thought I would. Hopefully I'll 'belong' here again soon!

TheSecondHalf 04-21-2014 11:38 AM

Hi! Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend! It's spring break here so this is what my week is going to sound like: can we go to the park? can we go to the movies? can this person come over? can we have a sleepover? I'm hungry. I'm hungry. I'm hungry. can we go to the park? when are we swimming? when are we swimming? WHEN ARE WE SWIMMING?!?!?!?!?

I'm already tired and it's 10.35 on Monday :dizzy:

I'm back on plan. Hope everyone else is doing well. Happy Monday :p

mb2004 04-24-2014 11:22 AM

is it friday yet? I was asking that yesterday! Ugh. Im so ready for this week to be done... but yesterday 3 kids sadly were kicked out of our program because of bad behavior, hopefully my week will get easier now :( I hate doing it, but I need to be able to concentrate on my whole class not just the few kids causing issues. And the stress at work just makes me want to sit home and not go to the gym lol.

TheSecondHalf 04-26-2014 01:02 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5FkshLcNLQ

I've seen this floating around for a while but I just watched it today. If I ever lack motivation to work out, I need to watch it because it's so inspiring! She changed her body, but the change in her spirit is truly uplifting.

I don't have a gym membership but I have everything I need to work out every day. The next time I feel like skipping out, I need to watch this.

mb, tell me what it is you do again?

Spring Break is over. As usual, I had so many plans and we never got to half of them but it was nice not being a slave to the school schedule and homework (even though I made her read and practice violin every day because I'm evil). We got to visit friends, hold some babies, pet some dogs, chase some chickens, visit our favorite parks, and sleep a little later. Four more weeks and school will be out for summer. I was JUST freaking out about sending my baby to kindergarten and next year she'll be starting her last year of elementary school. How did that happen so fast?

mb2004 04-26-2014 04:35 PM

Thesecondhalf I work for an afterschool program :)

silentarctic 04-27-2014 11:51 PM

Hey guys, thanks to a lovely cold I'm back here again, hopefully with the return of my ability to breath my apetite doesn't go crazy and ruin this. I'm not updating my ticker until I've been confidently in the 290's for a full week again. This AM though I was 295... and I didn't eat or drink anything that should change that really pretty similar salt content and nutrition content to what I ate yesterday. Ifnot slightly better. (had more snacks later in the evening saturday night).

silentarctic 04-28-2014 10:16 AM

294 (293.4 actually) this morning. Don't know if I'm alone here if everyone else has moved on... but posting just... to keep track.

silentarctic 04-29-2014 05:49 PM

290's representin. 294 this Am still not bad, it was up afew points from the day before but I ate a LOT last night so I'll call it even and be glad it wasn't up even more.

Have some major cooking to do tonight need to stir up some protein. Finally feeling on the mend healthwise maybe I can leave the 290's in may. Just maybe...

mb2004 04-29-2014 06:20 PM

298 still. Whew!

silentarctic 04-29-2014 09:49 PM

mb hang in here with me! We can do it!

silentarctic 04-30-2014 09:27 AM

Hanging out in the lower half of the 290's still despite copious amounts of food yesterday. I did burn more than I ate but I was still nervous it was so many calories...

silentarctic 05-01-2014 09:42 AM

Still hanging out in the 290's but up 0.4 from yesterdays weigh in. I thought I "watched it" better yesterday than the day before but was still rather high in calories. :-\ Still trying to figure out a new balance, I am supposedly burning more than I'm intaking but the deficits are in the 300 yo 500 calorie range if thats the new trend I won't lose even 1 lb per week let alone the 2lb per week that I aspire to :-(

TheSecondHalf 05-01-2014 07:24 PM

Hi all! I have een trying to read up in the Diabetes forum so I forgot to check here for a few days.

I don't even know what I weigh. I have been reading books on diabetes and half way trying to count Points. I'm a hot mess.

But I'm here!

silentarctic 05-03-2014 02:31 AM

TSH I am right in there with you! WE can do this!

mb2004 05-03-2014 01:50 PM

Down a lb. Whohoo for being 297!

CeeJay 05-03-2014 11:12 PM

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately have had a very bad run with food lately. Not trying and pretending to myself that I did not care. I weighed myself this morning- way back up to 297. I need to move on. Today was a good day and I have a plan for tomorrow.

Guess I just need to keep on trying. What other choice is there?

TheSatinPumpkin 05-03-2014 11:14 PM

Take it one day at at time :)

yoyo 05-04-2014 11:20 AM

295 down 4 lbs

TheSatinPumpkin 05-04-2014 06:41 PM

^^ Welcome and Congrats!

CeeJay 05-04-2014 08:41 PM

Hi everyone,

Second day of healthy, sane eating and no sugar. Grateful.

yoyo- yay for 4 pounds gone!

TheSatinPumpkin-thanks for the encouragement.

Have a great week!!!