Anyone else feeling the chill?

• I have always felt "on the chilly side" in cool/cold weather, but at 100 pounds overweight, I generally felt warm enough! Our weather is starting to turn, and at almost 50 pounds down, I am FREEZING all the time! I've definitely been bundling up more, but I'm happy because it's another sign that I've really, truly lost weight. Anyone else notice "excessive chilliness" due to weight loss?
  • I've noticed the more weight I lose, the less hot my office is becoming. Once I start drinking my water, my fingers are like ice cubes all day. And at night my husband prefers the bedroom to be as close to the arctic as possible. In the past, one blanket was enough. Now? I shiver to sleep.

As for the great outdoors? I live in Florida LOL. I for one LOVE Fall weather and any weather that takes me out of the 90/100's and into something livable. It's been in the lower 80's and upper 70's the past few weeks and is SO nice outside. Totally digging the fact we're actually having a Fall this year. Normally it stays blistering until late December.
  • My husband is the same way! It's getting down into the 40s at night, so we FINALLY have the flannel sheets, although I'm dressed in full flannel to stay warm and he's just wearing a t-shirt and underpants!
  • YES, I'm freezing..lol. It was -6 here this morning and honestly the way I behave you would think we were at -30 already.

This time last year I was just starting my journey and had about 70 pounds more on me to keep me warm. Plus once I get a chill in me I have a hard time getting rid of it.
  • ive always been on the cold side too and now, having lost some weight, i'm even colder than before...my ENTIRE wardrobe consists of layers of tees and hoodies...i hate to use our fuel to warm the house when i'm the only one that's cold so i use a heating pad at home in my chair...at work i'm usually on the go enough to stay "not cold"....not exactly 'warm" but at least "not cold" lol

our house during the day is about 65 and at night down to 60...outside during the day is in the mid-40s and not much colder at night, being that it just rains day and night at this point in the year
  • I read a temperature like -30 and I almost fall out of my chair laughing in horror at the idea! SOooooo colddddd!!!! I've never really "run hot" regarding body temperature even at 275 lbs, I was comfortable in hot weather, and as cold as anyone else, I guess, when it was cold.

Now however, I live in the tropics with temperatures around 80 degrees (25-30 degrees C) year round and I can barely stand air conditioning any more. Everyone is always complaining how hot it is and I'm like perfectly ambient. I wear sweaters indoors all the time and people used to ask if I was ill, now they're used to me. I'm constantly freezing! I was in Europe in June and I was the odd one in a coat... fortunately it kind of passed for a blazer but in reality, it was a coat. I'm really cold at any temp below 70 (about 20C).
  • I swear I'm always running hotter than everyone else in the room! It's lessened for sure (I don't sweat just sitting around when I get warm), but I'm definitely not reaching for sweaters all the time yet either. Hope I do get to that point when more weight comes off, though!
  • Quote: I have always felt "on the chilly side" in cool/cold weather, but at 100 pounds overweight, I generally felt warm enough! Our weather is starting to turn, and at almost 50 pounds down, I am FREEZING all the time! I've definitely been bundling up more, but I'm happy because it's another sign that I've really, truly lost weight. Anyone else notice "excessive chilliness" due to weight loss?
    Hmmm I'm wondering if this is what's plaguing me? This fall, I have been FREEZING in the office when in past years, I'm the only person that isn't cold at all.
  • My temperature regulation has always been a little off (but usually leaned toward the too hot) but with the fibromyalgia, arthritis, approaching menopause, and possibly the weight loss, it seems I'm always either too hot or too cold and almost never comfortable.

Today has been mostly a too-cold day (it's damp outside too which always makes the joints ache, even if I don't feel cold). In fact right now I'm curled up under my snuggly polar fleece electric blanket (using it as a full-body heating pad on sore joints).
  • i am always freezing now that i'm 142 down. i know it has to be from weight loss cause i used to never freeze the way i do now a days. it's gonna be a long winter.
  • I know what you mean! I'm chilly now that the temps have dropped into the 60s...what's it going to be like in December? I'm a knitter, though, and can't wait to pull out my hand knits!
  • Our temps are in the 40's today, I'm freezing! I am colder having lost some weight but it is really cold here today, as in this morning it snowed a little. Today I went for a 5 mile walk with 2 pairs of socks, sweatpants, a thermal shirt, a sweat shirt, a fleece vest, gloves and a hat. I didn't get warm until I turned back up to my street. Now I'm home and my fingers are so cold it is hard to type. We use propane to heat the house so I refuse to turn on the heater till after Thanksgiving! So I'm cheap and frozen!