Getting out of 220's and 230's!

You're on Page 2 of 34
Go to
  • Issaknits- Wow! Thank you so much! I will check out all the links and see what I can do. I do need to build up some muscle. I am such a weakling lately LOL My knees have that rice crispy sound and they hurt some but not as much as they did. Getting up from a chair or sitting down was very painful before and not as much now though I still have those days sometimes. I did 50 squats last night. I hope I did them right LOL Thanks again!!
    236 this morning so I'm working my way through the 230's. I can't wait to say goodbye to them too. 59 lbs lost!! Woo Hooo!!!
  • Huzzah on the weight loss! That's fantastic progress!

A word of warning: you might see a slight bump in weight the day after lifting. Muscles tend to retain water in order to repair themselves. I usually see a 2-4 pound increase the day after, but it goes away relatively quickly. Also, try not to lift in running shoes. Those have a springier heel, which is great for distributing shock out on the road, but not so much for when you're trying to push up through your heels and feel the floor underneath you. I've noticed that I'm a lot more unstable and wobbly on the days I wear my running shoes than I am when I wear the old beat up pair of sneakers I use to mow the lawn in. I haven't worked up the courage to lift barefoot because I'm one of the most accident prone people I know and that's a squished or stumped toe waiting to happen, but I'm looking around for a pair of Chucks to appease my inner Doctor Who fangirl.

Hello Nurse: Heck yes on the lifting love! The day I decided to do barbell work was pretty much the best day ever. Now instead of grumbling about my enormous (yet slowly shrinking!) bat wings in the mirror, I'm looking at that line starting to show up where my biceps are. I'm like you in the grocery stores. I'll stay within my calorie range and plan the bulk of my calories around lean meats, eggs, and bacon and then round everything out with dark greens and a smidge of dairy. The days when I eat under calories or not enough protein are when I feel super off-kilter.
  • Hi y'all!! It's been a while...

I had a little panic then when I went to the old thread and wasn't sure how to find this one! But thank you for starting the new thread cleancowgirl!!

I had a bit of a stressful week last week as my 3 year old daughter was sick and I had to look after her and have her home with me, so I didn't get the chance to do as much as I normally do. Thankfully she's fine now and back to kindergarten eager to see her friends again! And I can get back to my usual routine.

Thank you so much for the exercise links Issaknits, I was kind getting bored of the lifting I was doing and wasn't sure if it was still doing good as I've read when your body gets used to an exercise it's less effective. So, these are great for giving me the chance to try something new and mix up my routine a little. And I'm also feeling the lifting love HelloNurse!!

Also, I wanted to agree with the people saying well done to Nagazim for resisting the temptations of the funnel cake and other treats. And merilung is right, healthy eating is a reward for you and your body!

In case you come back to the link for a hello, well done TooWicky for getting down the the 2teens - hopefully I can join you soon!

Technically I'm down to 219.3 as of yesterday but I don't really feel comfortable heading down until I'm below 219. I'm going to weigh in again on Thursday as part of a Halloween challenge I'm doing, so if I'm 218-point-something then, I'll be saying goodbye to all you lovely ladies here! I think because of my lack of exercise and not eating as great as I could have due to not being able to get to the market during the week, this is why I only lost 1.3 pounds last week, but it's still a loss and it's still putting me at my lowest weight in at least 10 years so I'll take it with a smile!

Have a great week everyone!
  • Hello!
    I hope y'all don't mind me jumping in here. I've recently re-started my WL journey and I'm trying to get rid of the lbs I put on during my 2yr hiatus. I weighed in at 238 this morning(39lbs of regain to go!).
  • I just finished some of those exercises Issaknits.. and I really like them! Especially those squats. I've never been able to go so low! Thanks for the workout!
  • Wannabeaskinnybride- Welcome to our thread and hope you don't stay here too long. Love the user name.

Weight for me is hanging on to 222.9 but weigh day is Saturday and hoping to be down some more. It has gotten a little quiet here but sure we won't be that way for long.

I went walking today and got caught in a Rain storm and by the time I was done looked like a drowned rat but at least I got my 60 minutes in.
  • Quote: I went walking today and got caught in a Rain storm and by the time I was done looked like a drowned rat but at least I got my 60 minutes in.
    This happens to me ALL THE TIME - I feel like the rain faeries are just waiting for me to get a few miles from home and then BAM! It's not so bad when I don't have the dog with me...he doesn't seem to understand that sitting in the rain and refusing to move doesn't make you get any less wet! Anyway, congrats on getting your 60 minutes in despite the bad weather!!

I'm still up at 224 today and I'm not really expecting a drop before Friday since my schedule doesn't allow for a full night's sleep tonight. Maybe I'll get a friday woosh?
  • Joining in...this is so me and I love the encouragement you are all giving. I am into my 4th week of an alternative IP program with my hubby. I have a trip to Vegas in February just as I turn 40 :s

I look forward to gathering and giving support as we blast through these 20's and 30's.

Merilung - Best wishes for a woosh!
  • Hey everyone, just saying a quick hello, well done and goodbye to y'all before I move down to the 2-teens thread as I saw 218.5 on the scale today and feel safely into my teens enough to go down.

It's been a pleasure getting to know y'all and I'm sorry I couldn't be around to say more than a quick hello to wannabeaskinnybride and buffielynn but you're both in good hands on this thread!

Good luck everyone - see you in the 2-teens in no time!!!!!
  • Hello every one, I'm a newbie here. I am back to really working on my health again. I was down to 198 and it seams I blinked my eyes and am now back up to 227. I am a diabetic on an insulin pump and I really need to keep my A1C down too. I am eating some cottage cheese to fill up on some protein before I take the kids to Disney on Ice. Hope this will help me pass up the food there.
  • Welcome susan. You will get there . Thanks for joining my "Pass the stuffing challenge"
    Getting there. Weight 221.1. Now 55 lbs gone. Still gotta change ticker, waiting for tommorow my official weigh day.
  • Quote: Nagazim you should be very proud of yourself. You did something that was very difficult and I am proud of you. Did you know that you are one of my biggest motivaters? We starded around the same time and had almost the same height and weight. And we are close now. ( secretly I compete against you in the halloween challenge) . You help me stay on my plan cause I don't want to see you pass me by. And cheer for you too cause I know if you can do it so can I.

Thank you so much ainslie! That was all incredibly sweet! Healthy competition is always welcome ;D It's on! hahah

Since all the lifting talk is going on: I've been trying to incorporate more lifting into my workouts. Mainly using my children so it's play/exercise. That way I get more bang for my buck lol!

AFM: 229.4 today! I was very happy to see the 220s since I haven't in yearssss! I also hit my Halloween goal early so now I'm shooting for closer to 225. Paleo is working wonders for me. Seriously feel amazing!
  • Well it looks as though I will have to pause my weight loss journey for a while. Iwas so looking foward to getting out of the 230s. I just found out that I'm preggers. It's strange. I guess that cause I lost the weight it made me more fertile?? This was a surprise to DH and myself. At least I won't have to clean the cat box for awhile. I don't see dr until nov 9th. I figure I'll try to keep the weight gain to a minimum until then. She probably won't want me to gain too much anyway. Secretly I'm hoping she can say I can still lose but I doubt it. Guess I will have to pull out of the Halloween challenge. I wanted to win it.
  • Ainsie Congrats! That is awesome! I would not try to lose at this period but still eat healthy. I have a friend who did paleo the whole pregnancy and cross fit. After 2 weeks she was back to her pre baby weight. Eating healthy is always the better option and your baby will be healthy. Please keep us updated!

Today is weigh day and down to 220.1. Yea me!
  • ainslie! Oh I wish we had little ones to spoil.. Maybe one of these days our son and his wife will decide to have us a grand-baby.
    Way to go Nagazim!
    A great big to those who've just joined us.
    I'm still in the the 230's (236.4) but i keep bouncing around the same numbers, mainly because of eating just a little too much to lose.
    I'm going to try to get in some exercise. I hope you all have a great weekend!