Who says fat chicks can't have short hair?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was in need of a reboot. A serious, serious reboot.

My weight gain is out of control because (at the heart of it) I felt unpretty, unworth-it, uneverything. I was having a mental block. So I decided that I need a big change to reboot myself. If you've been around the boards enough, you know that negative self-talk is one of my big no-nos. Fat you deserves love just as much as thin you! But suddenly, I wasn't living by that anymore. What the heck!

So I chopped off all my hair (which is kinda my trademark in my circle of friends). To be clear, my fantastic hair dresser did the chopping. I wanted to feel different and I totally do.

When I decided to cut it, I googled "Fat chicks with short hair" and I got this wonderful blog called The Nearsighted Owl and her hair cut is what inspired me. http://www.nearsightedowl.com/2011/1...e-haircut.html

twitter by SweetEnnui, on Flickr
  • You look amazing! I haven't seen you with longer hair (well, except for the avatar) but you are really rocking this pixie.
  • Super cute! I have a short pixie, too!
  • I think it's all about the face. Short hair looks wonderful on you!
  • Love the haircut!!! And the glasses!
  • I love it!!!!
  • You look beautiful!!! That haircut totally suits you. Whoever said fat chicks can't have short hair is an idiot - the only thing that matters is that you feel rad! Just wait until you see how easy it is to style in the morning - I loooove having short hair

ETA: hoooly cow I love the blog that inspired your haircut - 100% up my alley, thanks for the link!
  • You look so cute!!
  • You look beautiful!
  • Adorable!
  • Love the new look!
  • So cute! The short hair directs the eye to your lovely eyes, then down to that gorgeous smile.

It's the perfect cut for you!
  • Adorable!!! I've been rockin' the short hair since my 30's as I've always hated long flowing hair on a super big woman, it always managed to look sloppy and like I was trying to hide something LOL

My hubby always liked my short hair too, he said he could see my pretty face a lot easier awwwwwww

A good cut is essential and that's IT, chica!!! so pretty!!
  • Quote: Adorable!!! I've always hated long flowing hair on a super big woman, it always managed to look sloppy and like I was trying to hide something LOL
    "Always managed to look sloppy" ?? hiding something? Sorry but this kind of bothered me. I have very long hair and haven't been told I look sloppy at all! I'm not trying to hide anything either..
  • love the short hair!