3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   People! geeesh! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/288195-people-geeesh.html)

Trazey34 10-02-2013 10:21 AM

People! geeesh!

Ok, so I run into someone I hadn't seen in a long time. Here's the convo:

Her: wow look at you! you've lost so much weight! you were SO FAT!!!!
Me: uhh yah I lost quite a bit
Her: YOU WERE SOOO GIGANTIC!!!! SOOOOO FAT!!!!!! I was sure you would have died by now because you were SO ENORMOUS
Me: ummmm nice chatting go fkk yourself

hahahah WHY do people think it's ok to say that hahahah SO obnoxious, you know that was STILL ME right????

hahah just reaffirms my life philosophy that people are horrible ;)

PreciousMissy 10-02-2013 10:28 AM

How nice of them to remind you why you haven't talked to them in a long time, lol.

Trazey34 10-02-2013 10:31 AM

haha good one Missy!

alyssarof2012 10-02-2013 10:37 AM

Wow... I wouldn't even know what to say in that situation... I'd probably just be like.. "Okay then.."

findingfawn 10-02-2013 10:42 AM

Wow... nice. I probably would have made a comment like "yeah, I've lost a lot of weight, too bad change isn't for everyone".

betsy2013 10-02-2013 10:50 AM

Oh, I hear 'ya. There are just some people who have no mouth filter; i.e., there's something missing in their upbringing or else they're just dumb. I was at the gym yesterday, and a friend asked how my diet was going. I told her fine -- still losing slowly. She said that she could really see it everywhere but my butt which was still huge. The poor woman is so socially inept that she thinks she gave me a compliment. I just laughed at her and kept on doing the elliptical because nothing I say is going to turn her into a thoughtful person.

iamritu 10-02-2013 10:53 AM

i hate it when people think it is their birthright to make these sort of comments and give advice. I had a new neighbor move in recently. On our first meeting , the very first...after we had gotten chit chatting for about 5 mins, she asks about local gyms and then proceeds to give me a big lecture as to why i shud go to the gym and lose weight, along with a couple of scary examples of stuff happening to people becos of their weight issues. C'mon, u do not have any idea as to wht i do or don't do for any of my so called 'issues'....who r u to comment!!!

btw...ur conversation sounds funny now but i know how u must hv felt. but as u said..people..!!!

lazylioness 10-02-2013 11:00 AM

hahah totally a nice reminder as to why you have not seen them for so long!

I probably would have said something like "Oh wow, I am surprised you have not had your *** kicked, you are SO obnoxious"

Lecomtes 10-02-2013 12:18 PM

What?!! I'm sorry. Some people are ignorant pukes.

Elladorine 10-02-2013 12:34 PM

"Wow, you're right! And you know what? I was ugly and stupid too! Good thing I lost all that weight so you can think I'm actually a decent person now!"

:rolleyes:

fillupthesky 10-02-2013 11:14 PM

how obnoxious....people really can just be so awful and class-less.

lanabug 10-02-2013 11:33 PM

I woulda said something along the lines of "Yeah I was, too bad you're still a massive b****!" lol

joyc21 10-03-2013 09:56 AM

Wow....I'm usually quick to give a person the benefit of the doubt when they make a rude or insensitive comment, but this person is clearly just stupid.

Angihas2 10-03-2013 10:08 AM

I love those people, it's a reminder to be grateful that I wasn't born stupid, just fat.

Mozzy 10-04-2013 01:49 AM

Wtf?!?! That's beyond rude!