3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Struggling (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/287354-struggling.html)

Mozzy 09-09-2013 01:00 PM

Feel free to ignore this thread, I was being whiny!

I'm really struggling today. I woke up to 188. After seeing 185.5 yesterday.
What's the point of living off 1200 calories a day if my weight isn't gonna reflect it????

ETA: I feel better, I just needed to whine and get a little support. Thanks y'all!

findingfawn 09-09-2013 01:09 PM

You have lost a lot of weight so far, I'm sure this isn't the first time the scale tried to play games with you. Our weight can fluctuate soooo much from day to day, and so many things can affect it... did you eat too much sodium yesterday?, work out too hard?, it can be anything. I'm sure you didn't gain 2.5lbs over night. Just keep being consistant and it will fix itself.

PS.. you are more than a number on that scale!

Arctic Mama 09-09-2013 01:27 PM

Scales bounce. Stay on plan and ditch the scale for a week or two, just focusing on behaviors. I would bet money your weigh in will be favorable, given enough time. Women, in particular, are subject to any number of hormonal weight fluctuations. And food sensitivities can be to blame, too. You didn't overeat by several thousand calories, so the scale isn't reflecting a fat gain.

Don't give it power over your mood or choices, it's just a spring on a plate with a numbered dial ;)

Mozzy 09-09-2013 01:31 PM

Thanks y'all!
I'm so used to daily weighing I'm not sure how to not weigh myself lol
I'm just grumpy today, sorry :(

Lecomtes 09-09-2013 01:55 PM

You've got this Mozzinator! ;) I like Arctic mama's idea of focusing on behaviors>numbers. You are one tough cookie and have accomplished so much already, this is just a small speed bump. HUGS!

carter 09-09-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mozzy (Post 4836149)
Thanks y'all!
I'm so used to daily weighing I'm not sure how to not weigh myself lol
I'm just grumpy today, sorry :(

Take it easy. If you're used to daily weighing then you must also be used to fluctuations. You must also be used to the fact that what you weigh one day doesn't depend on how on plan you were the day before. So don't let today's number get you down.

Day-to-day changes can be interesting to observe but they are not in any way the measure of success in this process. What matters is not whether you weigh less than you did yesterday, or even than a week ago. It matters whether you weigh less than you did a month ago, two months ago. That is the measure of success.

It stinks. I would love nothing more than to see the scale march helpfully straight downward a few ounces every day I spend on plan. We all would. But that is simply not how it works. If you are going to weigh more frequently than every two weeks, you have to accept that fact. You just have to.

Mozzy 09-09-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carter (Post 4836184)
Take it easy. If you're used to daily weighing then you must also be used to fluctuations. You must also be used to the fact that what you weigh one day doesn't depend on how on plan you were the day before. So don't let today's number get you down.

If you are going to weigh more frequently than every two weeks, you have to accept that fact. You just have to.

You are 100% right! I am used to seeing daily fluctuations. I accepted that eons ago. I don't know why I'm being Whiney today. Please forgive me?

Hopegrowsagain 09-09-2013 04:21 PM

We all need to whine occasionally :-)

mygirlvj 09-09-2013 04:27 PM

:hug: It will move down again. It just sucks how long it takes.

Tai 09-09-2013 05:45 PM

Don't let fluctuations get you down Mozzy! You just keep plugging away and that scale will go in the right direction.

doingmybest 09-09-2013 05:53 PM

Mozzy: you are a real inspiration to me. I hope that I can do half as well as you have. It's totally understandable that you would suffer from diet fatigue after such a long journey.

I am sending you hugs! :hug:

Radiojane 09-09-2013 06:17 PM

Stupid scale. Kick it.

Actually, don't, you'll just hurt your foot. Remember, no one can see that number, but EVERYONE can see how awesome you look!

PreciousMissy 09-09-2013 06:25 PM

Huge hug!

boatingmommy 09-09-2013 07:32 PM

If you are going to whine and not WINE...at least it doesn't have calories! Hugs to ya and hang in there!!!

DonnaNoble 09-09-2013 07:53 PM

I get it. Even though I'm a daily weigher and I KNOW that there will be unexplained flucations, I still have days where I'm like "How is that even possible and why am I even bothering!!"

Some drama and angst ensue and I remember why I weigh in very day (1) to keep me accountable 2) because I find watching what the scale does interesting) and calm down. You've done so well in such a short amount of time! That's so awesome!

But, you know, we're allowed our pity parties and our "Whhyyyyyyyyy is this haaaaaaaaaaapenning??" every now and then. Just don't let it drag you down.