Beginning my 100 lb Journey

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Okay, I'm still getting familiar with the forum and from the posts I've read this looks like the support group for me!
    Hi Everyone!
    I've made the decision. I am going to start a walking program with 20 minutes 3x/week. It was about this time of year two years ago I started working with a personal trainer. I didn't feel I was making progress and I really didn't have my heart in it. This time is different! I am looking for support, motivation, and accountability from people who can relate to what I'm going through. I know it's mind over matter and all in my control, so I'm taking the first step. I look forward to getting to know some of you!

100 lbs to go, but my first mini goal is 15 lbs, roughly 5%. Let the workouts begin!
  • Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
  • Welcome and good luck! You can do this!

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."
  • Welcome, you are correct, this place is a great place for support!!!

Do you have a food plan in place? We have people doing all sorts of things. Many focus on eating healthy or clean, many calorie count or carb count, some do portion control, and others are involved with an organized diet plan (medifast, weight watchers, etc).

My food plan is calorie counting. Nothing is off limits for me if it fits in my daily calorie allotment, but I do try to limit white carbs and avoid triger foods (peanut butter for example).

Your walking plan sounds fabulous to start out with. Have you ever heard of Leslie Sansone? She makes videos that have you walking right in your living room, they aren't hard to do and they work wonders... and though I sometimes find her a bit ditsy she is great at motivation!

Welcome, stick around, we are all here for the same reason.
  • Welcome!! I started around the same weight as you and I wish you the best on your journey. Make gradual changes and keep moving!!

I am low carbing (now) but i started off just avoiding junk/fast food. Just take this time to ease in...you don't have to go full throttle to see progress at this point. As you lose more weight you'll have to tweak along the way.

There may be twists and turns but you can DO this. Come to the forum for help. I'll be cheering you on...
  • Welcome! Looks like we have similar start stats - good luck with getting to your goal. Hang in there and don't let anything sway your determination to get healthier!
  • Welcome!! It is a heck of a journey and SO worth it! You found a great place for support
  • Welcome, Kiwi! Looking forward to getting to know you.
  • Thanks for all the support and words of encouragement. I think one of the hardest things for me will be not using food to reward myself. I know there are lots of other ways to reward myself for the small achievements.
  • Welcome Kiwi! I think that you will find the forum great support. Like has been mentioned I am wondering if you have come up with a food plan. We would love to hear about it.
  • Hi

Welcome to the group, this is an awesome place for support and encouragement!
  • Welcome, bunches of support around here!
  • Hi, Kiwi! I'm new here, too, and also have 100 to go. I like your plan....mine is about the same. I'm getting over bronchitis...so the walking isn't happening just yet. Hopefully by the end of this week! Best wishes to both of us!
  • Welcome Kiwi. Remember to focus on that diet as well. I could not have lost my 100 without that!

Good luck and you'll get a lot of support here and have a lot of fun. I have!
  • re:
    Welcome!

Like others have said, diet is important for losing weight, even more so than exercise in my opinion.

Just keep checking in here to keep yourself motivated and you'll be well on your way in no time.