3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Here goes nothing! [new] (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/286430-here-goes-nothing-%5Bnew%5D.html)

pandathedestroyer 08-18-2013 11:25 PM

Here goes nothing! [new]

Hey y'all! My name is Amanda, I'm 28 years old, and I'm very, very overweight. I'm about 250 lbs right now, and at 5'5, I'm positive I should be about 100lbs lighter than what I am now. I've been between 220 and 250lbs for about seven years now. I used to be incredibly active when I was younger, and now I just can't seem to get my body or health where I want it to be. I played all sorts of sports in high school, and while I ate unhealthy foods, I never ate a whole terrible lot. When I got to college, I stopped exercising and started napping, drinking and eating a lot more. Cue near-instant weight gain.

I used to hate my body...had a full-fledged eating disorder [compulsive over-eating]. Ate all the hateful feelings away until I was so full, all I could do was curl up and try to sleep. I was depressed, angry, bitter...it was a horrible, horrible time in my life. I've mostly recovered from those feelings, but it does seem to rear its ugly head whenever I get stressed or upset.

Anyways, I figured community support is best and I've been lurking here on and off for a while. Thought maybe I'd give being active a shot. :)

fitnhappy 08-19-2013 05:44 AM

Hi, glad to 'meet' you :)

shutterbugmama84 08-19-2013 07:21 AM

Welcome! Good luck on your journey. You can do this!!

pandathedestroyer 08-19-2013 10:56 AM

Thanks, guys! Really appreciate it. :)

mccull83 08-19-2013 11:32 AM

Welcome!
I find the challenges helpful for keeping me on track. Don't worry about joining in late, just jump in :)

belovedspirit 08-19-2013 11:53 AM

:welcome:! You can do it! :)

Goddess Jessica 08-19-2013 12:04 PM

Yay! Glad you stepped out of the closet and aren't a lurker anymore!

pnkrckpixikat 08-19-2013 01:15 PM

:welcome3: and good luck! jump in and stay active, I find I stay on track alot more when I come here everyday :)

pandathedestroyer 08-19-2013 01:15 PM

Me too, Goddess. :) It's kind of liberating, actually lol.

pandathedestroyer 08-19-2013 01:18 PM

Thanks, Beloved and Mccull. That's kind of one of my first goals, pixikat. I want to start the habit of accountability, and I'm terrible at keeping a blog or journal [mostly because there's no one to read it]. Myfitnesspal is a little better, but only a few of my friends are on there with me so there's really not a lot of feedback.

Arctic Mama 08-19-2013 02:27 PM

Accountability can be key! I find a food journal is, as well, but not everyone needs to track as carefully as me. Welcome to the crew!

Mozzy 08-19-2013 06:22 PM

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!

Only Believe 08-19-2013 06:26 PM

Welcome and best wishes to you!

Windchime 08-19-2013 10:04 PM

Welcome! I had to re-remember something that I used to know but let slip, and that is: Having hateful and negative feelings about myself is so, so counterproductive. Nobody that I know has been able to shame or hate themselves into being fit or losing weight.

It was only when I decided to quit beating up on myself, quit calling myself names (in my head), and quit hating my body that I was able to start taking care of myself again. I knew this four years ago, but I kinda forgot it and just recently remembered it.

It sounds like you are already aware of this, so congrats! I look forward to reading about your success! :)

Hopegrowsagain 08-20-2013 04:22 PM

Welcome! This is the place to be for all the support you need. I have been here off and on for four years and it is one of the major helps in my weight loss.