Exercise Questions

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I feel like if I don't walk for 30 minutes a day that I'm a failure...yeah I know....KIM GET OVER IT!!!! But my question is:

How many days a week do you exercise?
    How many minutes per session?
  • I try to walk 5 times a week and do pilates at least every other day. When i walk i dont time my walking i do it by distance. I walk 2 miles when i walk the mall and 1 mile on the treadmill.
  • I try to be active everyday... If I don't exercise I spend my time cleaning.. and I consider that to be active. I also play tag with the kid - and that's a workout

but planned exercise - about 3 times a week - for about 20 mins - I hope to up this to 5 times on a regular basis.

The key is to remain active on the days you don't exercise.

Dana
  • I do 6 days a week, Sunday is my day off. 30 minutes in the lap pool, 20 minutes on the bike, and 30 minutes on the treadmill.
  • I haven't been to the gym in over a week - bad me! But, normally I lift weights three days a week for about 30 minutes and get on the elliptical trainer two days a week for about 30 minutes. Right now, the fitness floor at my gym is closed for remodeling until next Monday, but it's not an excuse. Today I'm going to take a walk!
  • I'm addicted to walking. I'm basically walking everywhere! I stopped getting a T pass (for the train) and am walking to work. I don't know how far away my home is from work, but the direct route takes about an hour and the "scenic" route along the river takes about an hour and a half. I also walk home after work.

On the weekends I also try to walk for at least an hour or 2 a day. I don't really consider this an "exercise" though, its part of my routine! I keep saying I am going to join a gym, but I don't think I have lost enough weight yet to feel comfortable there.
  • I go to an hour-long aerobics class three days a week, lift weights for 30 minutes two days a week, and on weekends, I walk for at least 30 minutes. I do 20 minutes of stretching every day as therapy.
  • At least 20 minutes of cardio every day. Sometimes this turns into 2 hours of dance...

4 days a week I weightlift.
  • How many days a week do you exercise? Always 5 (unless I am sick). I am trying to do ALL 7 days though. I would really like to get in the habbit of that.

How many minutes per session? Anywhere from 15-30 minutes of aerobic walking and 5-10 minutes of toning. My aunt just gave me an ab roller, so I will be adding that to my routine.
  • 5-7 days of cardio, at least an hour of hiking these days. 2 hours when i can

3-4 days a week of weights.

but i'm sick this week, so i'm taking it easy.
  • God you all are making me look like one lazy butt!!

3-5 days. 30 minutes curves. Which is cardio and strength.
  • Wow..... go everyone!!!

I've been walking about 30 minutes 5-7 days a week... trying to get into the habit of doing yoga/pilates at least twice a week... and I think I should start weight training a little. Heh...
  • After missing a couple of weeks I am back to my standard plan.

6 days a week of planned activity
    20 min High Intensity Interval Training for Aerobics 3X week
    40-1 hr of weightlifting 3x a week.

Also trying to get my 7-10 K steps a day, making that extra effort to move. And I plan to try to get 1 Pilates session for 25 minutes in 1x a week.

There it is.I might be fat, but when I excercise I feel good, and I know I am in better shape than many a skinny mini ;-)
    Miss Chris
  • I am not into a routine at this point. Several years ago I was very faithful about walking in the morning for 45-60 minutes; rain or shine. My business schedule is much more variable now, and I'm a newly wed, blah blah blah, and I haven't found a routine that works. What I've commited to is 30 minutes of SOMETHING every day. Walking. "Heavy" gardening, stationery bicycle, exercise tape/program or dancing. My husband keeps wanting to do callesthenics, but comes across like a drill instructor. Not why I married him.
  • Exersize is so important.
    I haven't been able to walk daily the last couple of weeks and it had been really getting me down. Normally I walk everyday 45 mins. Because it's too cold to take the baby out in this weather I said today enough is enough, dusted off an old Kathy smith workout tape and did that instead - 85mins. I feel great now! So happy that I've achieved my exersize for the day.