Old 08-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #1  
Always on the Edge

Location: Somewhere on the edge of sanity, quickly crossing to insanity

S/C/G: 260/see tracker/136

Height: 5'7

Default Was doing well and then had a set back

I was doing so well and losing weight, now three months later, I've had a set back and actually gained more weight. I'm so depressed by this and feel like I'm never going to get this weight off. My eating habits didn't change, but while dealing with my g'ma's cancer and her dying, I've stopped working out and the weight has been slowly piling back on and then some.

At this point, I'm so frustrated. I don't know what to do or where to start, but when I found out that there's only 15 lbs separating me from my fiance's weight (he's 6'3 and muscular) I wanted to cry.

Sorry to vent. I just needed to know I'm not the only one with these types of setbacks.
RXAsh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs

You can do this! Good luck!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/195/160

Height: 5' 5"

It has taken me 4 years so far, I gain in winter lose in spring and summer, but overall dropping. Make changes you can live with your whole life and take it one day at a time. Lots of support here if you need it! This forum keeps me going through the week!! Hugs!
Hopegrowsagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

So sorry about your grandma.

It's okay! We all mess up. You can do it! Start out slowly or get back to basics/simplicity, don't overwhelm yourself feeling like you've gotta get all the weight off at once. Good luck!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #5  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

a) I'm very sorry about your grandmother. Be kind to yourself.

b) Most of us have been where you are. There's a whole thread about it right here on this board. I've regained nearly everything I lost the first time around, and getting back on track has proven really difficult for me. I blame life stress, but the truth is I just haven't made the commitment I know I need to.

The point is that you haven't given up, and that means you haven't failed.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #6  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

I'm so sorry for your loss. You can get back on track. Just begin by taking the first step, then another. Think of how happy your grandma would be to see you succeed. The memory of her can give you strength. She's with you all the way! You can do it!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote