3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Hi everyone! I am new here.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/28538-hi-everyone-i-am-new-here.html)

carlymaks 06-16-2003 10:50 PM

Hi everyone! I am new here....

And I sure hope I am doing this right! Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am 26 years old, I have been married for almost 8 years, and I have three children. My oldest (Kenzie) is 5, my middle (Aidan) is 2, and my baby (Keegan) is almost 4 months. When I met my husband back in the summer of 1994 I weighed 127 lbs. I thought I was fat. I have always thought that about myself even when I wasn't. Little did I know that in a few years I would be very overweight. Right now I am at 255 lbs. my highest weight ever. Before I got pregnant with my middle child I weighed about 225 and managed to get down to 180 lbs. and I felt great. I just followed a low calorie/low fat plan and I worked out 5 days a week. I was at about 230 lbs. soon after he was born. I joined Weight Watchers, got back to working out, and I lost about 15 lbs. in 2 months. Then we decided to have another baby :) So that diet plan was over with. And each time I have been pregnant I really took the term "eating for two" seriously :o

I am so tired of being overweight. I want to be able to do all the fun things with my kids that they deserve me to do with them. I want my husband to feel proud to be married to me----he says he does no matter what I weigh but I am sure deep down inside he misses the figure that I had when we met, but most of all I want this for myself. I want to feel good and healthy again. And this time I know I will succeed. I have tried many, many times before I but just know this time will be my time.

I am now on day three and feeling great. I eat about 1200 calories a day and limit my fat grams to around 20. Does that sound like an okay amount? It's what I did a few years back when I lost the 45 lbs. so that's why I am doing that now. I am going to join my local YMCA tomorrow and sign up for Weight Watchers again. This is really the first time I have felt excited about losing weight! :)

Thanks for reading and I look forward to getting to know you all a little better :)

Carly
255/253/150

I can do it!

jiffypop 06-16-2003 10:57 PM

welcome, carly... we're with you.. all the way. sounds like you have some resolve working for you there...

this is a great place to rant and rave and hang out. lots of advice, and sooo much wisdom!!!!!

Jennelle 06-16-2003 11:54 PM

Hey Carly - sounds like you have a great plan going! We're here to help you stick to it! :)

glynne 06-17-2003 03:17 AM

Welcome Carly!

It is wonderful here ~ everyone so nice, welcoming and encouraging. You have such a positive attitude ~ I know you will make it!

Take care ~ Gayle

PainterWoman 06-17-2003 03:36 AM

I'm new, too.... but 30 years older tha you! I've always "thought" I was fat... whether the scales showed it or now. Now, they definitely do, as does blood pressure, my knees, my ankles and my cholesterol levels. Since I a) don't want to start taking any new medications and b) want my son to be as proud of me as I will be of him when he graduates college next spring, and c) want to keep up with my new hubby... here I am.

200club 06-17-2003 10:00 AM

Welome Carly and Painterwoman This a great place to 'let it all hang out' whether you are having a good day or a not-so-good day. As I read the posts here, I an soooo motivated . See you all on the 'lighter side'. 260/253.5/150 Later sandylynn

SuchAPrettyFace 06-17-2003 10:53 AM

Welcome, new gals!!! :D

dowsx4 06-17-2003 11:03 AM

Welcome and hope you have as much fun as I do!

soiley 06-17-2003 11:14 AM

Welcome new people! Hope you find the support you need here.

Sheila53 06-17-2003 11:39 AM

Welcome everyone! Glad you're here.

mthrgoos68 06-17-2003 12:47 PM

Welcome to both of you!!! Post often and jump right in. It's so great to make more friends.

Sandi 06-17-2003 12:52 PM

Howdy Newbies!! Glad to see you have found us. This is such a great place for support and advice. I'm sure you will fit right in! Now has anyone spoken with you about the fee? ;)

Inca's Momma 06-17-2003 01:14 PM

Ummm Sandi the fee gets paid directly to me. That'll be $50 each :p Welcome glad you found us!!

BA99TJ 06-17-2003 02:47 PM

Hi New Girls and welcome!!

This is one of the best places around for support!! So glad you found us :)