Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 10:21 AM   #16  

I love to look at houses I would like to be a topselling realtor in CA or FL (or any snow-less state) I would wear sleek clothes, drive a fast-small car. and be able to be my own boss.Later Sandylynn
Old 06-17-2003, 12:55 PM   #17  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hmmmm.

I would also love to be a professional cross-stitcher. You know someone who cross-stiches the samples that you see in the store, and gets paid! (paid REALLY well since we are dreaming) Is there such a job??
Old 06-17-2003, 02:28 PM   #18  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Couldn't I just get paid for being so darn cute??
Old 06-17-2003, 02:38 PM   #19  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Sandi - I like your dream! I love to cross-stitch, but haven't done it much since I started teaching.

My biggest dream was to be a forensic scientist, but, alas, organic chemistry reared its ugly head....
Old 06-17-2003, 03:09 PM   #20  
Losin It For GOOD!

I've caught a few babies. It's really messy!! But it IS amazing.
Old 06-18-2003, 03:31 PM   #21  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I think I've changed my mind.

I would love to be a Skinny Chef !
Old 06-18-2003, 04:51 PM   #22  

I'm really lucky, I do exactly what I've always wanted to do (editor at a magazine). But I do have a very Martha Stewart (pre-indictment!) fantasy that I would be mistress of a large estate who could spend her time volunteering for charity, developing new exotic breeds of African violets, and hosting enormous parties.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:12 PM   #23  
Searching

My true goals run along the line of Brain's:

TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD ;-)

Miss Chris
Old 06-22-2003, 12:17 PM   #24  

I'd like to be a riding instructor, or eventing rider. Heh. To dream
Old 06-22-2003, 09:22 PM   #25  

Hmmmmm..

It's been so long since I've had these kind of dreams. Mine vary from fantasy to geeky:

Singer- I love to sing, can actually sing, but am too shy to perform. I wish I'd listened to my mom and never given up the piano lessons...that stopped me from becoming a voice teacher-you have to play the piano, too. I realized that way too late!

Music therapist or bibliotherapist-helping people through music and books-my favorite things!

Interior designer-I love decorating, and think I'm actually pretty good at it...

Writer-but I stopped writing anything creative in about eleventh grade!

doing some kind of work in the music industry- in college I worked in our "concert club" We produced and put on concerts for the bands that played at my school-too much fun! It was a lot of grunt work, but I loved it. We didn't have any huge major bands, but meeting The Hooters (remember them?) and Eddie Money , and The Alarm (they were one of my favorite bands back then) was fun.

My geeky one, that I may actually go for someday-librarian! Okay, don't laugh-I'm obsessed by books. Family legend has it that I taught myself to read at age four from watching Sesame Street, and I've never stopped since. I regularly read three different books at once. What's stopping me-the fear of taking GRE's (I'm lousy at math), the commute-the only school in NJ with a Master's program is at Rutgers, an hour away-and I'm nervous as anything about thinking about taking classes again...maybe someday.

Sherry

Last edited by suzie76; 06-22-2003 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:26 PM   #26  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally posted by Goddess Jessica
Couldn't I just get paid for being so darn cute??
Either that or paid to know so many useless facts.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:13 AM   #27  

My dream is to be delighted with every day... whatever comes my way. I loved reading and reading and researching in the libraries. I love listening to other people's personal dreams (night time, waking, or metaphorical) and helping them figure out how to make them reality. I'd like a spicy mixture of adventure, risk, comfort and love served up on a reliable basis. I'd like it if marketing my business wasn't such a struggle. I hope that when I am right-sized, I'll be more confident with my marketing.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:55 AM   #28  
Searching

I think I want to be Lara Croft when I grow up, I mean why not I already have the boobs!LOL!

Miss Chris
Old 06-24-2003, 11:15 AM   #29  

Love the librarian idea Sherry! I think that I am going to start working on my masters in Library Science in January!

Me, I have a few dreams. A couple of them are ones that I will attain (and soon, I hope) and a couple are those that if money were no object and I would never have to actually have to work, I would be a chef. I have always thought it would be awesome to go to culinary school, but wouldn't want to work the hours that chefs often work.

My attainable goals are simple: to get my bachelors, to become a teacher, and to go to grad school. By the beginning of next year, I will have met all of those goals.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:57 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Sherry, the GREs aren't that bad--really! They are exhausting, but I barely studied for them, it had been a long time since I had received my bachelor's, and I'm lousy at math (quit taking math in high school in the 10th grade when I got a D in geometry), and I still passed and got into grad school.

I really enjoyed grad school because most of the people were around my age, and everyone had life experiences. Made some good friends. Now, the commute--that would be a bummer, but I really hope you can do it someday. I bet it really would be worth it!
Closed Thread