3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Not feeling full (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/284772-not-feeling-full.html)

Mozzy 07-14-2013 03:21 PM

Not feeling full

It seems no matter how much I eat lately, I don't feel full anymore.

I used to easily feel full after each meal, but in the last few weeks that has gone away.

I have to remind myself that I physically ate enough food to satisfy myself.

Anyone have a similar experience???

Nori71 07-14-2013 03:32 PM

I don't do well feeling hungry, so I can sympathize. For me it is occasional and it usually comes down to mind over matter - and when I can see in black and white that I have eaten enough - it helps me stay in control and not binge. But since this is an all-the-time thing for you recently, adding foods high in fiber might help also. Sometimes it's easy to fill my daily calorie quotas with somewhat "empty" calories instead of focusing on eating balanced. I know when I eat meals and snacks that incorporate all 3 food groups it helps with hunger. Good luck!

Mozzy 07-14-2013 03:41 PM

Nori-- normally I would tend to agree with you about empty calories, but this is happening after every meal. Like I eat a hearty serving of oatmeal for breakfast and still feel hungry.

carter 07-14-2013 04:41 PM

I always feel hungry after I eat oatmeal. I know some people swear by it as a satisfying food but it has never worked for me. Different things work for different people so it may be time for you to do a few science experiments and see if you can find a combination that works for you.

I pretty much always feel like I can eat. I have a bottomless appetite, and really toning but pure will and discipline has been able to fix that. For genuine hunger, though, what works best for me is two things. For meals, bulking up the meal with heaping portions of tasty vegetables so I have a lot of volume for my calorie buck. And for snacks, making sure to have a good mix of protein and fiber - for example, Greek yogurt plus a sliced apple.

As I said, I pretty much always have appetite no matter what I eat. But the above strategies help me satisfy actual hunger.

iaradajnos 07-14-2013 04:48 PM

I have a few strategies for the fullness...since it's a huge thing for me. It usually works (but not always). I need large quantities of food (so I follow Barbara Rolls' plan for volumetrics).

I learned recently that soups are really helpful with the hunger factor (eat same nutrients as a regular meal or combine in to a soup studies show that soup has a much higher and longer fullness factor).

I also drink a giant glass of water before a meal.

Basically tell myself that I'm losing weight so I'm supposed to be eating less than my body currently wants/needs. (Psyching myself out). I try to distract myself: brush teeth; go biking/walking; or just go to bed.

HeidiNicole 07-14-2013 04:50 PM

I've had those periods, and I just try to add more fat and/or protein at the next meal. I've found that when that starts happening to me it's because of carb creep. I'd try taking your overall carbs down for a few days and see if that helps any.

Mozzy 07-14-2013 07:55 PM

Thanks everyone!!

gzgrl22 11-08-2020 08:09 AM

This happened all the time to me on low cal eating plans. Once I started focusing on less processed foods, more proteins and even healthy fats, the hunger lessened substantially. For my body, what I eat is a far better predicter of hunger than how much I eat. I have a couple eggs for breakfast and I am good for hours. Cereal or sweet stuff and I am hungry almost immediately. Oatmeal doesnt hold me much better. May want to look at what you have been eating and the ratios of protein-carbs as a possibility.