3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I'm back and I'm sad (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/284771-im-back-im-sad.html)

Aclai4067 07-14-2013 08:43 PM

Welcome back. I remember you. I'm returning and feeling the regain blues as well. Only one way to get rid of 'em... re-lose.

Streudel 07-14-2013 08:50 PM

Right here with you...

Hi there. :wave: Welcome back. We don't know each other from before, but I wanted to say I feel your pain. I lost 70 lbs, then my marriage fell apart and I injured my foot and couldn't run. Gained back all but 13 lbs. Like you, I'm taking those baby steps to get back on track.

What else can we do? In the end, these setbacks will lose their sting after we accomplish our goals. It took me 12 years and more attempts than I can actually remember to quit smoking. I beat myself up every time I quit for a while only to go back to it. Finally, I came to realize that like an alcoholic, I'll never really be quit for life. I don't smoke one day a time. I've been quit for 9 years one day at a time.

Now I see all those past failures as learning experiences. Instead of hating myself for them, I'm proud of the fact that I had those experiences but didn't give up. I'd like to think that a lifetime of maintenance of weight loss will feel the same way.

We can't fail if we don't give up.

CherryChan 07-14-2013 09:36 PM

Welcome back... :)

I've been yoyo-ing all my life too, so I know how you feel... We'll support each other journey in this lovely forum!!!

:dust:

Arctic Mama 07-15-2013 12:03 AM

Welcome back!

luckymommy 07-15-2013 12:30 AM

I remember you too. I'm so glad you're back on this board...it's SUCH a huge support and it helps me so much. I'm a yo-yo'er and most recently, starting May of last year, I regained 50 out of 70 lbs. that I'd lost. I made a decision that if I ever regained, I would just not try to lose again because I didn't have it in me to fight this fight. I was depressed and miserable and suffering (I have daily pain from migraines), but then I realized that I have to do it again. I have to. I'm just too miserable being fat and stuffing my emotions.

I've been at it this time since about April of this year and I've lost a good amount of the weight I had regained and I feel SO MUCH BETTER. There has been a lot of sacrifice and hard work but I can tell you that you will really feel better sooner than you can imagine. Just being headed in the right direction is so incredibly empowering!

I look forward to seeing your progress and hope that this time next year, we'll all be hanging out together in the maintenance area. :)

Tai 07-15-2013 08:12 AM

Welcome back Windchime; I remember you!

SnowboundChick 07-15-2013 12:11 PM

Hi Windchime!! I remember you.
I've only been back a few months and not very active on here but I'm lacking motivation so I think I'll be posting more.

Windchime 07-15-2013 10:29 PM

Thanks so much, everyone! Tai, Arctic Mama, Saef, Aclai and Snowbound Chick....so good to see your familiar faces and to have the encouragement of members old and new. :)

Wannabehealthy 07-16-2013 10:23 AM

Windchime - I cannot sympathize with you for gaining all your weight back, because I have never succeeded in having a big weight loss. My weight has gone steadily up for 30 years, and all I have done was struggle to keep the gain lower than it might be if I wasn't trying. KWIM? The weight I did lose was the result of surgery, not due to any effort on my part.

Congratulations to Beth, I see you made it into the 180's. Good for you!

Nora I have never bought panties from Victoria Secret. I never felt I "deserved" them. Sad, isn't it?

Sorry, I'm just a little down today.

Stars 07-16-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeacherLinda (Post 4792899)
Feelings are temporary. They change so often that once you get back on track, you'll start to feel better.

This is so true! I couldn't of said it better myself!

Hopegrowsagain 07-17-2013 07:44 PM

Welcome back. I did the same, regained a bit but pressing on. You know you came to the right place for support and encouragement! That is why I came back-I needed to know although it isn't easy, we are all here in it together. Jump back in and be encouraged.

AwShucks 07-20-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy (Post 4793945)
Nora I have never bought panties from Victoria Secret. I never felt I "deserved" them. Sad, isn't it?
Sorry, I'm just a little down today.

Girl! Go immediately to the nearest Victoria's Secret and get yourself some pretty drawers! Even if you feel you don't deserve it, just do it. It's something that no one else (or very few others) will see, but it's special just for YOU! Every woman deserves pretty things, and they don't have to be expensive.

I believe women have an innate NEED for beauty - it's in our DNA. Even little bitty girls like fluffy ruffles on their panties! If you get only one pair, please, please, please splurge on a little treat for yourself. Just knowing that something pretty is next to your skin is delicious. It's all the better because you're the only one who knows it's there.

Baby steps, dear. In no time, you'll feel worthy of the "pretties" and wonder why you ever denied yourself.

Belinda0509 07-21-2013 10:54 AM

Welcome back!

punkrocksong 07-21-2013 01:47 PM

Welcome back - comfortable undies are a must!