LOL! Nice, Nitrus Just as long as we are not welcoming you back to this thread
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #92  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrus29 View Post
Hii all, just popping in 'cause I miss this thread. The 2teens thread is too slow.. no one talks so hurry up and get there soon so we can make some noise !!
And the mods keep closing our threads because we talk too much, lol.

Good afternoon all! 226 today. I'm not surprised in the least considering all the junk I ate this weekend.

Yesterday I grilled a boat load of chicken breasts and zucchini, which I then froze into individual meal portions, creating my own frozen lunches (eat your heart out Lean Cuisine!!! haha). I used to do that all the time, but got out of the habit. I also bought some prepackaged salads for lunch while grocery shopping. So, between the homemade frozen lunches, and salads, I shouldn't have any excuse to not eat well...but who knows, I may still come up with one.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #93  
Started IP 10/21/15

Hello, hello, hello!!!

226 today.

I ate well yesterday, so yay me! I've also eaten well today! I had one of my homemade frozen lunches. I think freezing it then microwaving it dried it out considerably. Luckily the marinade I used is salad dressing, so I have plenty extra to give the next one a little moisture. Of course, now that explains why all the frozen meals are drowning in some kind of sauce!

Have a lovely day everyone!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #94  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

S/C/G: 248/tracker/158

Height: 5'7"

Good morning Chicks! The reason I have been absent this thread is because I have been in the hospital for acute pancreatitis from July 18th through the 23rd (yesterday). Now I've had some serious pain (I thought) with health conditions previously----but I did not know such excruciating pain existed!

Anyway, I had nothing but iv fluids, morphine, ice chips for 4 days, then a day of liquid diet and one of low fat before coming home yesterday, so it's no wonder I weigh 220.4 today. Actually, I still have some swelling in my upper abdomen so when it all subsides I suspect I'll be out of this thread. I have to go back next friday for more CT scan to see if the inflammation has gone and make sure there is isn't a lot of necrotic tissue. My doctor has no idea why I had this.

Here is where I need advise. My doctor wants me to be on a low fat diet and I have been doing low carb so I am really going to have to switch gears here. I think I'm going to re-read Joel Fuhrman's Eat to Live. I know that is low fat and very nutrient based. Anyone have any low fat tips?

I could also use your prayers chicks. The doctor is also checking my pancreas again because they "saw something" in it from tests in hospital but with all the inflammation cannot tell what it is. Of course my mind has raced ahead to pancreatic cancer.
cincorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

EWWWW!!!! get better dear circorn! And you are in my thoughts. Hopefully it is something benign!
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Cincorn - it's possible that what they saw is just due to the inflammation.
Pancreatitis is awful enough! I'm sending good vibes that it's nothing even more serious.
My sort of brother in law had pancreatitis and was hospitalized last year. He know follows a very strict diet, low fat but most importantly no alcohol, and he is doing well. I don't know why the alcohol is so important, but he cannot even use mouthwash that contains alcohol (he didn't/doesn't have a drinking problem).
Best of luck to you!
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #97  
weight room rookie

S/C/G: 267/233/150

Height: 5'5"

Hope you get to feeling better soon, Cincorn! Sending healing thoughts your way.
Issaknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #98  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

S/C/G: 248/tracker/158

Oh yes fadedbluejeans, NO ALCOHOL. The funny thing is I never drank hardly AT ALL until just a few years ago. Now mostly it's 1-2 drinks per week UNLESS I'm on vacation, camping (in social situations) and never to the point of getting drunk! My dad and my brother were both alcoholics and yet I'm the one who gets pancreatits? Life is not fair is it? But anyway, I never thought about the mouthwash! And thanks for reminding me that it could just be the inflammation. The doctor said that they can't be sure of anything because of the inflammation right now.

Last edited by cincorn; 07-24-2013 at 10:52 AM.
cincorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #99  
Started IP 10/21/15

Cincorn, I'm wishing for the best results for you!! Sorry, no advice on low fat diets, though.

224 today.

Today my department is going out for lunch to celebrate a birthday. I've been to this restaurant before so I know exactly what I'm having...the chopped salad. This salad is ah-maaaa-zing...and that's why it's 1,100 calories ...but, I have a plan! They offer the same salad as a side, which is 550 calories. I'm also going to ask them to go light on the dressing, which is oil based, and add chicken. I also had a shake for breakfast to make sure that I can still eat dinner, but be reasonable about my intake for the day.

I'm not really counting calories (which probably explains why I bounced up to 226 when I was close to leaving this thread, lol), but I am trying to teach myself to be calorie aware, and to know that if I eat cake and ice cream at lunch, lasagna isn't a good choice for dinner. Counting calories caused me way too much anxiety before.

I hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon!
Old 07-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #100  
weight room rookie

I think I jinxed myself when I said I was amazed about not gaining much during TOM. Woke up this morning and I've zoomed up and over the 238's and smack dab into 241 territory. It's mostly water weight and at least it's only a few pounds instead of ten or more, but still. Grr. I have recently bumped up my strength training and I'm still having the Day 2 soreness that I usually get after moving up on my lifting weight, so that could be a factor as well.

The good news is that while I might not like what the scale is telling me, I really like what my clothes and tape measure have to say. The majority of my work clothes are getting big almost to the point where I'm going to have to look for new things. I can slide on my slacks since they have adjustable buttons on the waistband that I've been moving over (dusting off my rusty beginner sewing skills!), but my shirts are another story. Going to have to hit the sales racks soon, yay!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #101  
Started IP 10/21/15

issaknits, that's the best reason to go shopping!

224 today. It seems that I have the maintaining part down for 224, lol.

Yesterday's lunch went a little differently than I had planned. I did order the salad, but instead of adding chicken I ended up ordering soup. After two bites I decided I didn't like the soup, so I just happily ate my salad .

Later in the afternoon I really wanted a cupcake from the vending machine, so I went and got a package. I'm very proud of myself...I ate one and gave the other away...and I kept hunting until I found someone who would take it because I knew I would eat it if I kept it, haha!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 07-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Good for you Precious Missy! I am SOOO glad we don't have a vending machine at work!
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #103  
weight room rookie

Ok, so I might have to add a pair of pants in that shopping list. My slacks almost fell off when I stood up to get something from the copier! I am so glad no one was in the office just then.

I wasn't really feeling like going to work out tonight, but that completely made my mind up to head to the gym! Progress, no matter what my scale is saying right now! ::feeling optimistic::
Old 07-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #104  
is stronger than this

S/C/G: 242/see ticker/142

Height: 5ft 6

Hello Girls,

Sorry I've been MIA for a while, I'm in a similar situation to PreciousMissy in that I stressed myself out too much counting calories and basically needed a break before I killed everyone! I get so stuck into my own head that I obsess and obsess and probably do myself more harm than good. I think that's why I was stuck.

So I had a week break where I pretty much ate whatever the **** I wanted and generally moped around feeling sorry for myself stuffing my face! Well that was a good idea right! I also completely skipped the gym so will be punished for that when I return!

I am in a better head space now, had some closure conversations with my ex and generally feel like I'm past all the issues we had together, meeting up for brunch tomorrow which may or may not be a good idea, but I feel like it's needed just to close the book on it. Things with Mr P are going great, we realised he spent 1 night at home in the last 6 weeks....so he's moving in officially...which is really quite terrifying but also kind of nice all wrapped up in one! I'll let you know how that develops. On the up side with the rent and bills being split now I am MUCH less stressed about money which will hopefully help keep my crazy levels down.

Anyway, thats enough rambling from me, hope you all have a lovely weekend - I'll probably check in again on Sunday night.

Oh, and 237 just to punch me in the face for being a pig all week
purplekitten7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Back down to 220.8
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote