Old 07-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #16  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

S/C/G: 248/tracker/158

Height: 5'7"

ohhh! Seemyfeet, Nitrus and I are all basically at the same weight! We are dieting/weight loss triplets. Zoesmom, issaknits and purplekitten are coming up on us fast!! Way to go ladies! The 220's have just been soooooo slow to move down!!
cincorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #17  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Hola ladies!

It took me a while to catch up on this, and the last thread, but I'm thrilled to see everyone is doing well!

I had 5 days off from work, and was busy during all 5, but I managed to get so many things done that I've been putting off.

I also went to a BBQ for the 4th. Oh the food. There were probably 40 people there and each person averaged 1-2 homemade dishes. The worst part, it was all stuff that I had never had before, and probably never would see again (<-- excuse) so I took a bite of everything that looked appealing. I was so stuffed by the end...one of those "why did I have that last bite" kind of stuffeds. Thankfully I managed to eat light the next day.

224 today. I think the long weekend managed to turn my 4lb of water weight into real weight. I've managed to lose these same 4 lb 2 times before, maybe the 3rd time is the charm .

Have a fantabulous day everyone!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #18  
weight room rookie

S/C/G: 267/233/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the welcome, ladies. I'm ready to show those 230's I mean business!

Seemyfeet: I think all mosquito bites are connected. You brush against one and the others are all "Hey! We're here too! Itch-o-rama device ACTIVATE!" Kinda runs with the same idea of someone mentioning poison ivy: even when you don't have it, you itch like crazy for a split second just thinking about it.

Up a pound, but I can tell that's water weight. My mom had hand surgery yesterday and the waiting room was too packed to stand up and walk around in. Everything went well and she's on the mend, but my legs and ankles were swollen afterwards! Probably won't lose anything tomorrow, I'm finding out that I either stay the same or gain a tiny bit on my lifting days.
Issaknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:13 AM   #19  
is stronger than this

S/C/G: 242/see ticker/142

Height: 5ft 6

My ticker is back to being true! Whoosh fairy visited me last night! I have been holding on to some serious water weight! Two days of being back on track and drinking LOADS of water (rather than german beer) had popped me back down to where I belong...now to get my ticker moving downwards!

I've got to catch you three (cincorn, nitrus29, SeeMyFeet) - you're making me look bad for loitering in the 230's for so long!
purplekitten7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #20  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

I met my first mini-goal today! 223.0 on the scales = 25 lbs. gone forever! The race is on now ladies! I stayed around 227-228 for SO LONG and now the weight is finally started moving much better! 2-teens here I come!

Precious Missy I was sure you had moved on down to the 2-teens thread! Good to see you! You'll get that 4 lb.s off!

My next "challenge" is this weekend (so soon after the holiday!) I am going on my yearly cousin's weekend with my 2 cousins...we are going to the beach. I'll miss my workouts for 4 days AND the cocktails will flow. I'm sure I'll have to have some gulf coast shrimp too! You've got to live a little right?
Old 07-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #21  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

cincorn ~ Woo Hoo for hitting mini goal!!

I hit mine this morning too! Weighed In at 222.2 !!! That's a 40 lbs loss so far!! Oh the joys those horrendous 'planks' are bringing me these days

purplekitten, issa, precious, seemyfeet - come on, come on catch up already!!
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #22  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

You too, PreciousMissy!!! And Cincorn down a # !!!! And now Nitrus moving down!!! It's a Ninja Warrior battle to be the first out of this thread! Don't look back, ladies, I'm on your heels!! (What's the prize for getting out first?)

Another 225 today! Nothing short of a miracle. Same number 3 days in a row!! Never happened before. (think I'll purchase a lottery ticket today, Ha) Weird weird weird. Me did good yesterday...kept calories under 1000....until midnite, when I had me some edamame and a glass of wine (or two) with Hubs....why, oh why?...obviously, a trouble spot I need to remove. This weight loss "effort" has been slow and painful....like surgery with a butter knife....and I need to get out the power saw! That being said, while drying my hair this morn, I checked myself out in the mirror. Without my glasses, I don't look too bad!!

ooooooh Issaknits, I hear ya on the legs. Don't know what's going on with mine these past few weeks. I had an out of towner where I walked on hot pavement in the same pair of shoes (bad, quick packing job) followed by lots of sitting for a week. My feet and legs have not been the same since. I've been taking aspirin every day, and I've stopped doing squats. Yet another reason to get this weight off!!!

Happy hump day, all! I'll be scratching mosquito bites like a monkey all day. (I think one must be in my bedroom.)
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #23  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

issaknits, your "Itch-o-rama device ACTIVATE!" made me think of "Wonder Twins! Activate!!!" (boy, did I just date myself there, lol.)

purplekitten, yay on the woosh fairy! I drank tons of water yesterday, I was wondering why she didn't visit me...she was already busy with you!

cinicorn, I'm starting to think I'll be here forever! I'm thrilled for your 25lb! What an accomplishment!!!!!

nitrus, 40lb!!!! I'm in awe! You've done so well!!!!

seemyfeet, the prize for getting out first is that person gets to welcome everyone else into the new thread upon their arrival!

224 today. I sure do miss the days when I was lamenting over being 220 again . I just had a high sodium soup for lunch so I'm sure my scale will read 224 tomorrow, too.

Two good things that happened today:

1) I walked into an office where two co-workers were there and they both commented on how they liked the top I was wearing. Then went on to say that they discuss my clothes a lot and have joked about convincing my boyfriend to let them raid my closet when I'm not home (I didn't find it inappropriate for them to say all of this, we're pretty close co-workers). It was nice to get such an off the cuff compliment!

2) Went to the restroom just a bit ago and it looks like my spare chin (that I've kept around for chin emergencies) is shrinking! It's the first time that I've actually noticed anything in my face.

So, to go along with my (from what I was told) pretty top and slimmer looking chin is a great big smile today!

I hope everyone has a spectacular afternoon!

Last edited by PreciousMissy; 07-10-2013 at 03:51 PM.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #24  
weight room rookie

S/C/G: 267/233/150

Haha! "I'm a tiger!" "I'm a...bucket of water?" Can't remember if that came on before or after Thundercats (how about dating myself there too?) but I loved that show! Way to go with the compliments, that's fantastic.

Ooooh boy. I might just be signing up for my first 5k pretty soon. There's a color run in Austin in November that looks like loads of fun. 4 months out is plenty of time to get into some sort of walking/jogging shape, right? *excited*
Issaknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #25  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

Rest your feet up SeeMyFeet, maybe that will help the soreness?

Compliments always feel SO good PreciousMissy - I have gone down pant sizes and I haven't really bothered to update my wardrobe so my clothes look baggy on me. Coworkers can't seem to figure it out, the other day one of them asked me if I did something to my hair I took it as a compliment towards the weight loss

Good luck with the 5K Issaknits I forgot I had signed up for one this month end. It's a "Glow-in-the-Dark 5K dance party" in NY where everyone wears black and has those glow sticks jewelry and they dance/walk/run the 5K followed by a dance party. Oh, and it's at night (like duh) I am nervous since it's my first but the fact that it isn't a serious marathon with people cheering on the sidelines and that I can wiggle my big behind to the music the whole distance is calming my nerves

Last edited by nitrus29; 07-10-2013 at 04:01 PM.
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #26  

I am new here. Was working out tirelessly and endless for three years straight.
Total loss was 40 pounds. Now I have gained back around 24 pounds. Have totally burnt out on working out. Need to somehow get myself back on that horse! I have been YoYoing 3 pounds for the last 3 weeks.
This week I am trying to eat better and drink more water.
Just need to be motivated to work out. I check out dvds from the library but do not ever use them. Maybe if I actually buy one?
STorres43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:42 AM   #27  
is stronger than this

S/C/G: 242/see ticker/142

Height: 5ft 6

SeeMyFeet - hope your legs feel better soon!

PreciousMissy - sorry, I was totally hogging the whoosh fairy but she's all yours now! I sent her your way with a big old kick up the rear

Issaknits - 4 months is plenty of time! I'm doing a colour run in September - so excited!

nitrus29 - that glow in the dark 5k sounds fun!

STorres43 - welcome! It can be too easy to burn yourself out with constant working out! Make sure you give yourself rest days in between! Start small and you'll be back on that horse in no time!

I'm going to a christening Saturday - eek! Nervous because:
a) I'll be meeting some of Mr P's friends for the first time
b) I'm wearing a dress
c) There's a buffet afterwards

Oh lord what have I let myself in for!
purplekitten7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I....i...moved!!!! 233! :d

Last edited by zoesmom; 07-11-2013 at 07:55 AM.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #29  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

Yay! Zoesmom! Love those scales moving down!!!
STorres I don't like working out either but I try to think of it as something like brushing my teeth...don't enjoy doing it but like the results LOL! Maybe you were doing too much or working too strenuously? Do something you enjoy. My daughter likes running 5K's. She and her friends have a lot of fun doing that! I have arthritis and neuropathy in my feet and legs so I have to battle through pain in my feet on the treadmill...about 15 minutes in they are numb and I can make it through!
Purplekitten and Issaknits - awesome on doing the 5k's! Fun and Fitness at the same time. Purplekitten, get a big salad and eat it first off of that buffet! Maybe you will be too full for richer foods after that.
PreciousMissy - you crack me up! Losing a chin is a MAJOR accomplishment IMO...I carry weight in my face and I HATE IT! Here's a hug for hanging in there! Seemyfeet- I LOVE reading your posts here! I love your wit and attitude!

I am down to 222.2 this morning! I am chasing you Nitrus!

I am going to get my hair colored and a pedicure this morning. Then my cousin is coming this afternoon from Oklahoma and we are meeting her sister in Houston tomorrow morning for a trip to Galveston! It will be difficult to avoid the adult beverages that I so love! What's lying on the beach without a margarita in your hand? Can it even be done?

Last edited by cincorn; 07-11-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #30  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Yay Zoesmom ! (but...it's the number that must not be spoken! shudder!)

Cincorn! I'm trying to figure out how you're working that disappearing act.

Ugh! Ugh! Ugh! Back up to 227 . How? Why? 1300 calories yesterday. No complex carbs. Maybe it was the cantaloupe? I could just cry.

I don't know what this pain/stiffness/swelling is all about. Started before the mosquito bites. In weird places. Bottom of one foot. Outside the other ankle. Back of legs. One arm. As if I overdid the weightlifting, but I've backed off exercise. Stretching and a few squats, gingerly done. Aspirin helps.

Well, I'm going to take time right now to plan my day and reflect on what I can do to get my life & weight loss to go better. And try to get into a better mood! Ugh!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote